Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 22:15   #2926
BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Spotted again by my good friend Autospy at Pune earlier today - the Nexon XZA. ..
Too bad that this does not even get the rear wipers or even Grand Central Console with Sliding Tambour Door Mechanism. Hope the AMT is that good and would make up for these goof ups

Also, did you get your Nexon yet? You had booked long back before launch itself right?
Sam_GTR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 23:02   #2927
BHPian

Found this in the pdf manual.

Looks like Tata doesn't want people to worry too much with what grade of a fuel to go for. Just plain simple normal fuel will work.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-fuel-recomendationmanual.jpg  

Last edited by RideRanger : 12th October 2017 at 23:15. Reason: minor correction
RideRanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 00:46   #2928
BHPian

All the Tata dealers in Hyderabad are asking for Handling/Logistic charges. Infact when the pricelist is checked for other Tata cars, all of them have it listed.

Handling Charges:

My SA says these cannot be removed and have to be paid. I spoke to the Sales Manager and the reason being told is that Tata used to include the charges as part of ex-showroom price earlier, but after GST they are not including these charges as part of ex-showroom price as it is adding additional cost to the customer, first to pay added GST and roadtax. If the reason is really that, then it is benefit for customer. But how to prove that these charges are not included in the Ex-Showroom price? Any comments?

Assuming if they are not included in the ex-showroom price, do I have any stand for not paying the same?

Even if the reason is really that, isn't Tata benefitting by having a lower sticker price on ex-showroom compared to other manufacturers who included them in the ex-showroom price. If this trend catches up, other manufacturers also might resort to the same. But how to ensure customer is not cheated as each dealer could quote his own number for these charges?
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 07:11   #2929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_GTR View Post
Hope it is about water dripping below the car or from the exhaust and not in the interior
In some cars, sometimes, even from below the dash. Have sometimes experienced it the co-driver seat. IIRC, For roof-mount a/c vents, there can be a pipe that takes the condensation down along the B-pillar and let out from below the car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
My SA says these cannot be removed and have to be paid. I spoke to the Sales Manager and the reason being told is that Tata used to include the charges as part of ex-showroom price earlier, but after GST they are not including these charges as part of ex-showroom price as it is adding additional cost to the customer, first to pay added GST and roadtax. If the reason is really that, then it is benefit for customer. But how to prove that these charges are not included in the Ex-Showroom price? Any comments?
Handling charges can not ever be part of ex-showroom price. Even legally valid charges like insurance or registration are not. And IIRC a Hyd court has said Handling charges are not to be levied.

Last edited by condor : 13th October 2017 at 07:14.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 08:24   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
All the Tata dealers in Hyderabad are asking for Handling/Logistic charges. Infact when the pricelist is checked for other Tata cars, all of them have it listed.

Handling Charges:

My friction with the dealer too was on this handling charges. (9000 initially and then 5000) I think it sours the car buying experience. Hey, Tata marketing team lurking on this thread.. rationalize the cost under a different heading and add it to the Ex Showroom price. I don't mind the extra GST.

The logic of reducing GST by excluding it from ex showroom cost is poor. Extrapolating it to ad absurdum, if you want to show a lower Ex showroom cost, lets price the car at 3 lakhs. Customer only get CKD parts at that rate. Then we add assembly charges, advertising charges, showroom display charges, salesman services charge, test drive charge and handling charge.
Kommandogerät is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 09:38   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think it is only Tata that practices this handling charges thing. See below the price list for faclifted Xcent taken from website of a well-known Hyundai dealer from Bangalore. They too are charging Rs.2237 under "Regn and HP" charges .
Registration fee is in other column matches exactly with 15.54% (prevailing rate) of ex-showroom price.

And I thought it was a Hyundai dealer who was rapped by the court sometime back for charging "Handling fee" for customers. Are they back at it again with some other name for the charges?

My 2 cents.

Name:  xcent.png
Views: 6324
Size:  94.1 KB
Old 13th October 2017, 09:39   #2932
BHPian

Quote:
There does not seem to be handling charges for Nexon in Pune though. Checked Nexon at Concorde Pune and below is the price sheet they shared.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon_price_res.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, clicked in a jiffy trying to avoid fiery looks from missus who hates Tata cars to the core but has to tag along with someone who is totally in love with Nexon.

What was funny though, there was also Zest price sheet lying around and it had 6500 as handling charges. Now this totally stumps me. Tata wants to charge handling charges when someone is buying in the same city the car is made and the plant is just a stone throw away. Car manufacturers should rename Handling Charges as "Scamming the Customer" charges.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 09:45   #2933
BHPian

Quote:

Handling Charges:

If you would have kept track on the quotations since 2 months then you would have got an answer. But at that time Nexon was not launched. I have been keeping track for Storme since Aug. The handling charges have nothing to take with GST. In Jul and Aug, there were no handling charges on any models. It came into effect after the cess hike on SUV's and other so called (as per Govt.) luxury cars. From mid Sept, the handling charges were levied on all vehicles, atleast in Lucknow. If you consider the ex-showroom price of the models pre GST, post GST and post cess hike, the changes have been done on there ex showroom prices that are mentioned on their official website.
If they are saying that they have removed the handling charges and adjusted the tax as per GST or after cess hike then their calculations as per their ex-showroom price mentioned on their website is incorrect. For example if you consider Storme, 7% increase is on their ex showroom that was mentioned on their site(I have compared the both), but at that time there were no handling charges and this same happend for pre and post GST prices.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th October 2017 at 12:45. Reason: quote fixed
Old 13th October 2017, 10:19   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
There does not seem to be handling charges for Nexon in Pune though. Checked Nexon at Concorde Pune and below is the price sheet they shared.
Sameer, I think Pune dealers are cleverly adding the charges to the Insurance. I was quoted 31k for Diesel XZ+ Single Tone in Hyderabad. It is listed as 44k in the price list you shared. Considering Pune ex-showroom is lower than Hyderabad, it should have been lesser than 31k, unless the insurance covers lot more than what is being offered in Hyderabad.

By the way, I believe you have Zest. Right? How did you manage to buy it with missus hatred towards Tata. Or is the hatred caused by the Zest?
mrbaddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 10:27   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
Sameer, I think Pune dealers are cleverly adding the charges to the Insurance.
Insurance is always inflated. The price sheet even has a disclaimer that insurance premium varies with insurance agencies. However, I can always buy insurance from outside and hence avoid paying handling + inflated insurance charges.

Quote:
By the way, I believe you have Zest. Right? How did you manage to buy it with missus hatred towards Tata. Or is the hatred caused by the Zest?
I got married 3 months ago! Zest was bought 2 yrs ago and is with parents in Bhilai, while I am now in Pune. My parents are super happy with Zest and ownership experience has been delightful. I am only wondering how will I be able to buy another Tata car, now that the government has changed!!
ksameer1234 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 11:35   #2936
Distinguished - BHPian

I had recently commented about the Nexon vs Creta / Duster, about the Nexon being 90% of the other two, at about 60% of the price. The past few days each time I see a Creta, I wonder where did that extra 27cm length of the Creta vanish ? It is definitely not in the boot, because the Creta only has 400 lit of boot space as against the 350 litres of the Nexon.

Btw, This was too good !
Quote:
. I am only wondering how will I be able to buy another Tata car, now that the government has changed!!
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 12:57   #2937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1685145
Which Concorde Pune outlet you went to? Already discussed some pages ago actually. I was given the list with handling charges at Concorde Tathawade (near Wakad) showroom whereas another BHPian was quoted without the handling charges at Wakadewadi showroom. Also - there was no trick of adjustment in other places like insurance. The OTR price was less by that much amount in the Wakadewadi quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The past few days each time I see a Creta, I wonder where did that extra 27cm length of the Creta vanish ? It is definitely not in the boot, because the Creta only has 400 lit of boot space as against the 350 litres of the Nexon.
So true indeed! Creta looks smaller than the Brezza also in general to the naked eye. Of all the urban compact SUVs, the Creta is the most easy to identify as one with hatchback DNA. It is really an inflated i20Active in a lot of ways. Only visually I mean. No intention of demeaning the car. It also has the least "SUV Impact" when it is behind or approaching from front. I sometimes move away even for a fast approaching WagonR but somehow the Creta doesn't command that street authority of an SUV.

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th October 2017 at 13:01.
Old 13th October 2017, 13:08   #2938
BHPian

Prerana Motors in Bangalore also quoted a handling price of 6000 INR. When I messaged the SA asking him what exactly it was for, I was met with no reply. There's been radio silence from them ever since.

Wasn't there a Consumer Court dispute filed by a Delhi lawyer about this? Read about this in another thread.

Note to mods: Can you please edit the link to the thread I've mentioned above.
Old 13th October 2017, 13:12   #2939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
That is due to the extra load on the car's battery & electrical systems. Similar to the effect AC has with the car's pulling power.
This is factually wrong.

A few dozen leds cause very little change in the total load of the car's electrical system. Nothing short of multiple amplifiers and woofers are going to dim / pulse the interior lights, if at all.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 13:28   #2940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Which Concorde Pune outlet you went to? Already discussed some pages ago actually. I was given the list with handling charges at Concorde Tathawade (near Wakad) showroom whereas another BHPian was quoted without the handling charges at Wakadewadi showroom.
I went to Wakdewadi showroom. Shouldn't all Corcorde showrooms have same prices, at least in the same city?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed