Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 10:47   #46
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Just wish they launch this with 1.5 Diesel or 1.3 QJD instead of 3-pot ones on Zica.

When I had seen the auto show 2014 photos in mid 2014, I thought I cannot wait for this car to launch. As things turned out, I still am waiting for an upgrade and pushed it out to Dec 2016, Nexon is also very much in consideration.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 13:40   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Interior with AMT snapped. Does not seem to be the top end. Has steering controls but no head unit or Auto AC.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonamtinteriorspied768x614.jpg

Edit: Although the source says it is an AMT. Not very sure. Don't see any AT markings on the side of the lever (unless it is camouflaged)

Source: IAB

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 29th January 2016 at 13:42.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 14:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thank god, that looks almost production ready. Hope they display production ready version next week and launch it within few months. With Maruti Vitara brezza around the corner, Tata cannot wait any longer.

My Spark ODO is around 85000 and did not have any plans to change it before 100000. I will consider Nexon if Tata manages to launch the Nexon within 8-9 lakhs OTR for base-mid variant with dual air bags and ABS.
Old 29th January 2016, 15:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Interior with AMT snapped.
What color is that dash? The steering seems to be the same as Zest's but in a different color albeit. I think grey/black is a better shade for a car's interior than this dark beige shade that may look good on a 70s sedan or a 6 wheel cargo truck from Eicher or Nissan.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 15:25   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Does not seem to be the top end. Has steering controls...
I see steering mounted controls on both sides. Cruise control on offer?? Have to say, Maruti might have beat them on the launch by then.
Old 29th January 2016, 16:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
What color is that dash? The steering seems to be the same as Zest's but in a different color albeit. I think grey/black is a better shade for a car's interior than this dark beige shade that may look good on a 70s sedan or a 6 wheel cargo truck from Eicher or Nissan.
Checked the pictures in detail. Even though basic interior design looks final, colour combination of components are not production version and definitely looks like prototype. They masked it with tapes to cover design features.Fit and finish of gear lever boot area also point the same.

Those dials looks straight out of Zica bin.

Last edited by Latheesh : 29th January 2016 at 16:35.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 17:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Interior with AMT snapped. Does not seem to be the top end. Has steering controls but no head unit or Auto AC.

Edit: Although the source says it is an AMT. Not very sure. Don't see any AT markings on the side of the lever (unless it is camouflaged)

Seems like a 6 speed gearbox. A button can be seen under the lever similar to i20. Also it seems to be a non amt lever. The dashboard design seems to be very sleek. Even though mask tapes have been used to hide the design. The portion underneath the central AC vents has a very limited space for an audio system to be incorporated.
Old 30th January 2016, 07:39   #53
BHPian

I feel these photos are less of a leak/spy shot and more of a deliberate plant by TML. What with the forums drooling over the Vitara Brezza.....TML might have thought of a little reveal to maintain interest in their upcoming product. Maybe.
Old 30th January 2016, 09:12   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I see steering mounted controls on both sides. Cruise control on offer??
No cruise controls on the steering spokes. Better pic:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20160129024616_tatanexoninteriorspied768x614.jpg

It looks like the same steering used on the Zest and Bolt.

Even the cluster looks the same except for the sliver accented binnacle for the speedo/tacho and the inserts.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 10:11   #55
BHPian

Very uninspiring, plain Jane feel inside. Should have had a bigger MID atleast. The competition again seems way ahead.
Old 30th January 2016, 12:18   #56
srh
BHPian

Quote:

Looks like this will come with a pop-up touchscreen media & entertainment system
srh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 15:33   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
No cruise controls on the steering spokes. Better pic:

It looks like the same steering used on the Zest and Bolt...
Thanks. After posting mine, I was thinking of this and realized that Zest indeed had the "voice command activation" button on the right side of the steering. It's confirmed in the pic attached. I think Brezza is going to kill this product flat!
Old 30th January 2016, 15:44   #58
Senior - BHPian

I think Brezza is going to look small in real life looking at the spy pictures. Nexon will have solid stance due to bigger tyres, wide stance and raised GC. If they are able to incorporate 80-90% of styling elements of concepts in to production version, this thing is going to looks awesome. After seeing Zest, Bolt, and reading Zica reviews - interior is going to be nice too - no concerns there. But they need to launch it around mid of this year with a killer launch price tag.

Let us wait and see
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 16:23   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Looks like this will come with a pop-up touchscreen media & entertainment system
The part of the dash that is visible does not show any cuts / creases from which a pop-up touchscreen can come out. However, it may have been masked over by the tape covering a lot of the dash. There is a black rectangular 'space' just below the middle AC vents....it could be the point from which a pop-up unit can come out, but in that case, it will block a major area of the AC vents.

The central console also seems blandly designed. The three dials denotes that the model in the pic has HVAC, no ACC and is the same system doing duty from the Indica days.

Looks like a black/dark grey color combo with only the silver-accented instrument cluster to break the monotony. The trim level is of course the deciding factor here.

Overall, it may be the same old TATA story - a case of too little too late.Brezza, being launched earlier, will definitely make things hard for Nexon.
Old 30th January 2016, 18:09   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

More spy pics ( snapped close) of this Compact SUV-

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-34.png
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-untitled.png

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/01/t...lose-up-213436
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed