Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 16:29   #601
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
The wheels and tyres look a bit 'ambitious' and I guess, will be watered down by the time it hits showrooms.
The alloy wheel design that you see here is the same that was present on the production car showcased at the Auto Expo last year and also have been spied on the variants on test quite a few times.

As for the tyre size, I think that we will have to wait and see but I expect it to get 195 section tyres.
Old 7th March 2017, 17:38   #602
Senior - BHPian

This is a very good looking Compact SUV from Tata. It will attract eyeballs, just because of its unique shape.

Interiors are very nice & are reminiscent of BMW & Jaguar. Well done Tata. But what Tata needs to do is get the drivetrains right. They should offer 2 regular engines & one performance engine.

They already have 1.2 Revortron Petrol (Zest) which is turbo charged & also has 4 cylinders, along with this the 1.3 Multijet (90hp tune) would be used. Also new will be a 1.5 Diesel Engine from Tata. This new block is rumoured to be launched first with this Nexon. It produces around 115 BHP & 270 Nm torque, that should make it very quick & peppy. This will be a heavy car, so I expect bigger engine to do well.

Lastly, Tata needs to up the game & should also offer this 1.5 Diesel with an AT Box. No Tata, not that cheap AMT, but a TC or a DSG/CVT (If you have them) would be fine. If this happens, the Nexon will attract lots of Buyers across Segments.

Likely to be launched before Festive Season, if Tata brings one with Diesel AT at Good Prices, I am ready to upgrade from my 7 month old Tiago to this one. Tata please don't disappoint me.
Old 7th March 2017, 18:22   #603
BHPian

For all those like me who were eagerly awaiting the launch date of Nexon, Official confirmation from Tata Motors MD - Nexon will launch before Diwali 2017

Check this video posted by CNBC TV 18

He mentions Nexon launch at 7.40 in the video

Last edited by Transporter : 7th March 2017 at 18:43.
Transporter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 18:22   #604
BHPian

Had seen this car being tested on NICE road in Bangalore few days back. Wasn't impressed by it's size. Looks like a big Tata Bolt. But still tiny by 'SUV' standards. Hope it looks better without the test mule camouflage.
The Brutailer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 18:46   #605
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexon looks seriously cool

The screen popping up from the dash look.

The exterior colour coming onto the dash, the high mounted rear lights. It all comes together.

The top models sure will look superb, the problem is the base variants are likely to be bland looking.

Best of luck to them for this though.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 19:30   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
They already have 1.2 Revortron Petrol (Zest) which is turbo charged & also has 4 cylinders,
That's an antiquated 2-valve cast iron block from Vista days. Zest has to be the last car to feature that engine. I am only guessing but Nexon may have a 1.2L 4 cylinder engine derived from Tiago by adding a cylinder to that.

Quote:
No Tata, not that cheap AMT, but a TC or a DSG/CVT (If you have them) would be fine.
I am pretty sure it would be an AMT in the interest of keeping cost in check.
ksameer1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 21:42   #607
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone think that the gear lever to too much ahead ? A lever thats little rearwards enabling one to row through the gears with the elbow placed on the hand rest would be good. But then the gear lever needs to be flickable too like Hondas !

We have heard complaints on the Hexa and hopefully this doesnt make a Tata trait
Old 7th March 2017, 22:10   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Lastly, Tata needs to up the game & should also offer this 1.5 Diesel with an AT Box. No Tata, not that cheap AMT, but a TC or a DSG/CVT (If you have them) would be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I am pretty sure it would be an AMT in the interest of keeping cost in check.
+1.

The Nexon will come with a 6-speed AMT transmission, offered on the top variants of both petrol & diesel. It will be an F-Tronic shift box.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 04:47   #609
BHPian

This is one car that is seriously good looking with a wow interior if they retain it as it is. This can surely knock off Brezza from top seller spot. I hope they give a turbo engine to this looker. The AMT is a bummer for me personally because it's just not good enough in a car likely to cross north of 10L in the variant with bells and whistles.
Old 8th March 2017, 06:44   #610
BHPian

The Nexon interiors look super cool! Hope they retain that combination for India. However somehow the exteriors, though chunky don't give an SUV appearance. It looks more like a bloated Bolt, something like the SX4 family of crossovers, than an SUV
Old 8th March 2017, 12:00   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

From Bertrand D'Souza's Twitter:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-c6vzfncwqaelzpr.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-c6vztuhwcae91yl.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-c6vzz5hwcaijkdv.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-c6vzmo3waaaggby.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 12:33   #612
BHPian

Did anyone notice but the gearbox is a 6 speed one? I hope this is made available for the Indian one too.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 13:13   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Did anyone notice but the gearbox is a 6 speed one? I hope this is made available for the Indian one too.
It will be made available for India as well. Right from the beginning the news that has come has always been that the Nexon will be getting an all - new 6 speed gearbox in the diesel at least and maybe in the petrol as well.

So rest assured this will be the transmission on offer in India, the only things that might not be there would be 17" alloys as we might get 16" ones and the body colour matching interior elements like the door pads and steering wheel accents.

I am so desperately waiting for the Nexon now. I have to buy a car soon but am willing to travel using Uber but I won't be buying any other car before this launches. And I am fairly sure that this will be my next vehicle!
akhil994 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 14:39   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
This is one car that is seriously good looking with a wow interior if they retain it as it is. This can surely knock off Brezza from top seller spot. I hope they give a turbo engine to this looker. The AMT is a bummer for me personally because it's just not good enough in a car likely to cross north of 10L in the variant with bells and whistles.
AMT is not that bad I guess. Supercar Lamborghini still uses it. Check out this thread below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-01-crore.html

I've driven some AMTs and they are not bad at all. In fact, I had to focus my attention on observing shift patterns to tell it apart from TCs ( toque converters). AMTs are more fuel efficient than TCs and also accelerate faster than equivalent TCs. Only shift from 1st to 2nd is a bit pronounced. Rest of the gears upshift / downshift smoothly.

Coming to Nexon, a lot of people are waiting for it and why not. It's got everything going for it. Stunning looks , compact size, raised seating, cheaper price-tag, diesel+auto+miniSUV combo. If this car had come out of Maruti stable, paramilitary forces would have to had be called in to control the mob wanting to buy this car.
pgsagar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 15:47   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post

If this car had come out of Maruti stable, paramilitary forces would have to had be called in to control the mob wanting to buy this car.

If only Fiat had tied up with Maruti and launched Palio and Punto, there would be waiting times of 6 months.

I hope TATA prices the upcoming cars, Tigor and Nexon competitively and wish that they do good numbers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks