Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2017, 20:51   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsingh13 View Post
What do you guys think? Go for brezza or wait for nexon to get launched and then decide?
The Nexon will come with a 1.2L, ~90PS turbo-charged petrol and a 1.5L, ~110PS diesel engine.

Compare this to the 1.3L, ~90PS diesel of the Brezza. (petrol option config unclear yet)

And, a slew of features, including some segment-firsts, which will make the competition sit up and take notice. Also, Tata's all-new, rich in-cabin look and cabin space/comfort right up there, together with a humongous boot.

All this, at a dynamite of a pricing range.

Trust me - the wait until October 5th will be completely worth it. Worth every second, worth every penny.
RavenAvi is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 21:51   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I have, more or less, made up my mind on buying the Nexon. The question only remains, which variant

The first thing I am going to do on my Nexon, I am going to paste a while vinyl on those indicators.
You put down what I had in my mind. The change looks so refreshing. Those "bulges" look awkward to me, but the corrections you proposed give it a fresh and much better look, (at least in my eyes).

On a side note, I believe all these development happened during the time of Cyrus Mistry and it should be commendable that Tata had moved to doing better designs and cars under his leadership. It's just sad that he was ousted.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 00:04   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
On a side note, I believe all these development happened during the time of Cyrus Mistry
All the current projects were conceived while Carl Sim was in charge. Cyrus Mistry was more focussed on org changes and vendor relationships.
teamveevee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 07:49   #649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Trust me - the wait until October 5th will be completely worth it. Worth every second, worth every penny.
But with a pair of brand new engines, would it be wise to pick up the Nexon from the initial batches? Given their history, no matter how brilliant the package is, I would wait six months before buying one. (And I really might get one. Looks perfect to replace my car).

That would mean a much longer wait, for someone who wants a car now.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 08:17   #650
BHPian

I personally prefer the bulge for the turn indicators. Though the photoshopped mod makes it look much cleaner, the car (also given the launching timeframe) would look like the younger brother of the upcoming Honda CRV (pic attached for reference).
Attached Images

sharktale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 11:38   #651
BHPian

if its the same petrol engine as the one from the Bolt, do you think it will give a good performance, considering the bigger size of the Nexon. From the comments, I hear a negligible power jump of 1 hp compared to Bolt, but I'm not 101% sure, we can expect the performance to be as impressive (as much as Bolt impresses). Tata vehicles including the Hexa are heavyweights to start with.
daywiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 19:12   #652
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Nexon will come with a 1.2L, ~90PS turbo-charged petrol.
Is this going to be the turbo-charged version of Tiago's all-aluminium 3-cylinder 12-valve DOHC motor? Or have they decided to carry over the 4-cylinder 8-valve SOHC engine from the Zest & Bolt?
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 11:05   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...The first thing I am going to do on my Nexon, I am going to paste a while vinyl on those indicators.
Took some time to understand where have you made the changes , Nexon looks angrier now and I like it!!

Quote:
The Nexon will come with a 1.2L, ~90PS turbo-charged petrol...
90 PS?! Wasn't it supposed to be 110 bhp? Why are they detuning it?
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 11:28   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But with a pair of brand new engines, would it be wise to pick up the Nexon from the initial batches? Given their history, no matter how brilliant the package is, I would wait six months before buying one. (And I really might get one. Looks perfect to replace my car).
From what I am hearing, the diesel is turning out to be quite the performer, with an ultra-strong mid-range. It's supposed to deliver around 258Nm. I am sure the engine wouldn't give any cause for complaints, seeing how extensively it has been tested.

As for QC, we have seen initial batches have some niggles, but Tata Motors (and it's dealers) have been genuinely pro-active in this aspect and have addressed these minor issues to the best of their ability. (as seen in the Hexa thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Is this going to be the turbo-charged version of Tiago's all-aluminium 3-cylinder 12-valve DOHC motor? Or have they decided to carry over the 4-cylinder 8-valve SOHC engine from the Zest & Bolt?
It's a re-tuned version of the 1.2L Revotron from the Zest/Bolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
They have been testing the 90PS version of the 1.2L, turbo-charged engine for a while now. Haven't heard of a higher-output petrol from my sources yet.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 13:13   #655
BHPian

Is there a confusion with the engine? The diesel engine mentioned by CarWale is 1.3-litre MultiJet. However, we are discussing the new 1.5 L engine here.
Old 13th March 2017, 13:52   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Is this going to be the turbo-charged version of Tiago's all-aluminium 3-cylinder 12-valve DOHC motor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I stand corrected.

As confirmed through the latest from my sources:

The petrol heart in the Nexon is a 1.2L, 3-cylinder, turbo-charged all-aluminium variant of the 84PS, 3-cylinder powerplant present in the Tiago.

No, it is NOT the 1.2L, 90PS, 4-cylinder Revotron of the Zest/Bolt.

It is supposed to produce around 108PS of power and about 177Nm of torque. Basically, a detuned version of the Racemo's 1.2L twin-turbo petrol heart.

Apologies for the confusion, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiterunner View Post
Is there a confusion with the engine? The diesel engine mentioned by CarWale is 1.3-litre MultiJet. However, we are discussing the new 1.5 L engine here.
The diesel option in the Nexon is a 1.5L, 4-cylinder, newly developed heart which is upgraded from the Tiago's 1.05L, 3-cylinder Revotorq.

To produce around 112PS of power and 258Nm of torque.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th March 2017 at 13:55.
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 17:52   #657
BHPian

Quote:
I stand corrected.
As confirmed through the latest from my sources:
The petrol heart in the Nexon (SNIP)
The diesel option in the Nexon (SNIP)
Both the petrol and Diesel figures, if true, will blow the competitors to dust in terms of Power and Torque figures. The 1.0L ecoboost and the upcoming 1.0L Boosterjet for the Brezza are quite tame as compared to that of the Nexon.

Even in the diesel department the Nexon outshines the Brezza and the Ecosport. However, I don't consider the Nexon to be a competitor to a much bigger Duster.

Am curious to know the weight of the Nexon. Ultimately what matters are the BHP/Tonne and NM/Tonne figures. Tata vehicles aren't exactly known for their low BMI figures, I must say.
Old 14th March 2017, 12:34   #658
BHPian

Quote:
I have, more or less, made up my mind on buying the Nexon. The question only remains, which variant

The first thing I am going to do on my Nexon, I am going to paste a while vinyl on those indicators.
Yes, I have the same thoughts too. Hiding the indicators make the face look neat, and cuts down the roundish looks. Looks is a subjective thing though. Many like the way it is.
Old 14th March 2017, 13:48   #659
BHPian

Many of the comments on the quirky looks of the front were made after seeing the pictures and videos. Sometimes, a car can look different in the flesh (just like humans).

Most of the TV reports after the auto expo said that the car looked fabulous. There were no comments on this or any other quirkiness of the front. If anything, there were a few comments on the quirkiness of the back.

I would reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh.
Old 14th March 2017, 15:52   #660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Many of the comments on the quirky looks of the front were made after seeing the pictures and videos. Sometimes, a car can look different in the flesh (just like humans).

Most of the TV reports after the auto expo said that the car looked fabulous. There were no comments on this or any other quirkiness of the front. If anything, there were a few comments on the quirkiness of the back.

I would reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh.
I saw this car at Auto Expo Delhi last year and I assure you it's an eye-candy. People milling around it was a testimony to that. Two-tone paint job looks very good on it, just like on Brezza. Tata should offer two-tone scheme right across the variants range of Nexon.

Speaking of paint job, TM should experiment with new colour combos. I'm tired of seeing same white/black/silver/orange/maroon on our cars. Dark metallic shades should look good. Not garish light yellow, orange shades. These colours are beaten to death. That said, the bright red shade at Geneva Motor Show looks very good. But I didn't like the blue shade I saw back in Delhi. Looked flashy. Hope they offer hitherto-unseen signature colours. Tata is not Maruti that they can sell cars in any boring colours. Let them offer new shades and make this a USP to give their cars that extra edge needed to survive in this fiercely competitive market.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks