Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStranger (Post 3901610)
The part of the dash that is visible does not show any cuts / creases from which a pop-up touchscreen can come out. However, it may have been masked over by the tape covering a lot of the dash. There is a black rectangular 'space' just below the middle AC vents....it could be the point from which a pop-up unit can come out, but in that case, it will block a major area of the AC vents..

The whole top surface of the dash is covered by tape. So the slot may be underneath. Or maybe the center portion opens like the Ford dock. There is no other place visible for the ICE. And it is inconceivable that we would have a car without ICE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 3901588)
I think Brezza is going to look small in real life looking at the spy pictures. Nexon will have solid stance due to bigger tyres, wide stance and raised GC. If they are able to incorporate 80-90% of styling elements of concepts in to production version, this thing is going to looks awesome. After seeing Zest, Bolt, and reading Zica reviews - interior is going to be nice too - no concerns there. But they need to launch it around mid of this year with a killer launch price tag.

Let us wait and see

Apart from the size, according to Autocar, this will get a new 1.5L diesel unit with a 6 speed manual transmission. The power and torque numbers should be better compared to the Brezza.

Hopefully, we'll get to see the production version next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3901406)
Better pic:

Attachment 1466358

If we look closely to the left to steering portion of this photo, there is a thin strip area between the AC vents and the rotary knobs below. On this strip we see a slot and a round hole to the left extreme. It seems, TML is preparing a BMW like infotainment system where the head unit and the screen are separate. The slot and hole both are vacant indicating that the audio is still in development and not ready for this early mule. The possibility of a separate screen mounted atop the dashboard is very high indeed. However, instead of an Audiesque pop up type unit I would expect a fixed unit more like the MercBenz A B C class. Whether it is a touch screen unit or a joystick & a button controlled unit (as showcased in the Manza Hybrid concept at Auto expo 12 or 14 remains to be seen. If it turns up like this, the novelty factor would be high.

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Tata Nexon (Osprey) official images.

Source: Tata Motors - Auto Expo

That looks nice, and pretty close to the concept they revealed last time.

Looks very nice (loved the rear treatment), Any chances of Nexon getting the AMT tech?

Here are couple of pictures from Auto Expo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 3904482)

Guess this comes with a 5 inch (?) display screen instead of the regular entertainment system!! clap: You can see it bulging in the centre of the top of dash!

Image copyright - respective owner

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon2.jpg

One of the most confusing designs from the TATA stable after the Aria. :Frustrati

I'm pretty much willing to bet this one will be a flop - considering the competition it has against the Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Ford Ecosport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 3904482)

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3904488)
Guess this comes with a 5 inch (?) display screen instead of the regular entertainment system!! clap: You can see it bulging in the centre of the top of dash!

Good catch, also visible in the last pic in Latheesh's post.

Looks spectacular except for the over-done tail and white elements around the car. The tail-gate opens really low, which will fetch it brownie points in the reviews but means nothing to the regular buyer. Love the styling the more I look at it, looks really modern-butch!

This also appears to be a premium offering (relatively) with some additional bells and whistles thrown in, hopefully there will be further details, specs and pictures of the interiors available soon.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3904532)
One of the most confusing designs from the TATA stable after the Aria. :Frustrati

I'm pretty much willing to bet this one will be a flop - considering the competition it has against the Maruti Vitara Brezza and the Ford Ecosport.

Agree with you on the confusing design but limited to the rear straight on view especially because of the multiple colours. The rest of the angles look very good (IMHO). I'm going to stick my neck out and say this will do decent 3k+ numbers for the first six months, heavily dependent on the price and engines on offer. A smoother, more fuel efficient 1.2T Revotron and the 1.3MJD would serve it well.

I must say that I was pretty excited seeing the official images (with no reference available for size), but felt a bit underwhelmed seeing the actual images with the lady and the gent standing beside the Nexon. In the actual images, it looks to me like a hatch on stilts, rather than a compact SUV. I have no complaints on the design as such, other than that the rear looks quite cluttered. However, I do think that Maruti with the Brezza has got the "look" right for a compact SUV.

Loved this interior pic shown in our Auto expo thread. It's so clean and premium looking. That Audish touchscreen unit is a nice touch. All black interiors look really good here. Screen size is at least 7 inches.

Plenty of confusion. If they can enhance the 1.2 Revotron engine to 110 PS on the Bolt Sport, why wouldnt they on it for the Osprey/Nexon Compact SUV?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3904547)
Loved this interior pic shown in our Auto expo thread. It's so clean and premium looking. That Audish touchscreen unit is a nice touch. All black interiors look really good here. Screen size is at least 7 inches.

The interiors look same as those in the spy pics. So this will be the final design. The screen is 6.5 inches in size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsurya (Post 3904554)
Plenty of confusion. If they can enhance the 1.2 Revotron engine to 110 PS on the Bolt Sport, why wouldnt they on it for the Osprey/Nexon Compact SUV?

According to Autocar it will be powered by the turbo version of Zica's petrol engine. So the power should be somewhere near to that of Bolt Sport.

The diesel is apparently an all new 1.5L unit producing 110PS and 260NM torqueclap:.

The gearbox is all new too - a six speed manual. All in all, looks like a capable competitor to the Ecosport and Brezza.