Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2017, 20:21   #901
BANNED

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
I don't know why TML can't launch manual and automatic together. Seriously why? Why AT always has to be a 'later launch'. Does it make any sense TML? Not to me at least. Same was the case with Tiago and now Tigor launch too. They didn't do it with Hexa, and now AT has more demand compared to MT.
Going by the monthly sales chart, Tata can't afford to miss out on even a single customer. TML is no Maruti or Hyundai. It's high-time, pull up your socks, get your act together, launch Nexon with AT and MT versions in one go.
I often feel that our indigenous manufacturers have some kind of suicidal death wish somewhere in their structure. Automatics (AMT or torque converter or CVT) are here to stay & manufacturers can no longer hide behind that imaginary fig-leaf that Indians are "not ready for automatics". The bottle was uncorked by the Celerio AMT, which gave us a first taste of the clutch-less experience in the mass market - and once the initial niggles of this system are sorted out, it will be an endemic demand in today's urban b-to-b traffic congestion. The game is already slipping out of their hands & the sooner the manufacturers realize it the better.

Last edited by SDP : 7th July 2017 at 21:21. Reason: mfrs -> manufacturers. Please type out words fully
Old 7th July 2017, 21:13   #902
BHPian

Someone posted a few pages back that the petrol version is not ready and that the manual and AMT versions will be released first.
Old 7th July 2017, 22:34   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
I often feel that our indigenous manufacturers have some kind of suicidal death wish somewhere in their structure. Automatics (AMT or torque converter or CVT) are here to stay & manufacturers can no longer hide behind that imaginary fig-leaf that Indians are "not ready for automatics". The bottle was uncorked by the Celerio AMT, which gave us a first taste of the clutch-less experience in the mass market - and once the initial niggles of this system are sorted out, it will be an endemic demand in today's urban b-to-b traffic congestion. The game is already slipping out of their hands & the sooner the manufacturers realize it the better.
I completely agree with you. It's really a bummer. Beats me why they can't launch MT and AMT together. But Tata Motors is not alone. Look at Maruti. Ignis is MT / AMT from day one but Brezza isn't. In fact, over a year on, there's still no news of Brezza AMT. I hope Tata launches AMT close on heels of MT and not space it apart by year or so.
Old 8th July 2017, 11:03   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Its purely about focusing energy on what sells more. Automatic transmissions make up a fraction of sales in the A, B and C Segments. Despite offering it in 3 segments, Maruti has sold less than 2 lakh AGS equipped models since the launch in Jan 2014. Manual transmission model sales in the same time has breached the million mark.

In the sub-10 lakh segment, post-launch, it is about how fast you can deliver the product to customers, and less about how many variants you offer, as long waiting time will make customers impatient and look for alternatives as they have the cash ready.

Even with the resources that Tata Motors has, it is not possible to plan production lines to make every kind of variant to any kind of demand. Tiago AMT sales would have given them enough reason to believe that they could come to this variant later.

If customers are looking for automatics the way they buy manuals, it would have reflected in the sales of Maruti Suzuki who make 5/10 cars in India.
notjustshrawan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 11:14   #905
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught on the streets of Pune by a Shifting-Gears' reader.

These could possibly be the last of the spyshots of the camouflaged test mules!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_0078.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_0081.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_0082.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 13:29   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Tata Nexon might find itself in the short list for my next car, but I don't see it doing very well with respect to sales. In some ways, Nexon looks like S Cross. I believe S Cross is not doing as well as Creta is because it lacks the pseudo SUV looks, which is the case with Nexon too. People these days seem to want cars 'looking big', not necessarily capable.
Nexon looks like S-Cross? Please take another look. You don't need to take a long hard look to tell 'em apart. S-Cross floorboard sits very close to ground like a hatch whereas Nexon floorboard is clean-lifted off the ground, like Duster's and Ecosport's. Not even Creta's floorboard sits so high, the reason why Creta doesn't look as much of an SUV as Duster. It is the lifted floorboard which gives a car an SUV look (whether they are SUV or not is another story). Example- Wagon R is taller than Duster. Now which looks like an SUV? We don't have any data but I'm sure Nexon floorboard will be most lifted off the ground of all mini-SUVs . This is what , in addition to high bonnet, gives Nexon such a butch look.
Old 8th July 2017, 18:24   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Nexon looks like S-Cross? Please take another look. You don't need to take a long hard look to tell 'em apart.
My point will make more sense if you read it in the context. Anyway, what I really meant was, both S-cross and Nexon lack the pseudo SUV looks which the Creta enjoys.
Old 8th July 2017, 18:45   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
My point will make more sense if you read it in the context. Anyway, what I really meant was, both S-cross and Nexon lack the pseudo SUV looks which the Creta enjoys.
And you just dismissed my post in one sentence without making any reference to RAISED FLOOR that Nexon has which S-Cross and even Creta doesn't have. High floor more than high ceiling determines whether a car looks like an SUV or hatch. Ok, we are only referring to looks. If we talk about being an SUV, none of these including Creta is an SUV. The only difference is Creta has folded-paper lines while Nexon is curvy like Ecosport. Kwid is basically a hatch but thanks to its high floor, it looks so butch and mini-SUVish.
Old 9th July 2017, 10:26   #909
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted by Satish Kumar @ Facebook near Bangalore yesterday.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-19895101_10207874672699250_4813487779301392231_n.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-19884384_10207874677099360_5761740490034794294_n.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-19732300_10207874672139236_2072774131665500649_n.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-19731945_10207874673619273_4456854227973183028_n.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-19875130_10207874674499295_7288953204646440595_n.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-19748493_10207874673979282_3128150952177885349_n.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 12:36   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
And you just dismissed my post in one sentence without making any reference to RAISED FLOOR that Nexon ....
Yes, raised floor does impart a butch look. That is why Duster looks so unique.

Nexon does look to have a higher floor. It also seems taller, even with a sloping roof towards rear.
Old 11th July 2017, 17:29   #911
Distinguished - BHPian

Interior pics :

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-productionspectatanexoninteriorspottedupclose1024x768.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonrearseatandacvent1024x819.jpg

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/07/p...ampaign=buffer
Dr.Naren is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 22:28   #912
BHPian

Picture of Nexon interior - rear, sourced from interior. Notice the seat belt has height adjustable feature, missing front seat back pocket, tweeter on the rear door too, descending slope of floor hump towards the rear Ac vent, rear seat center arm rest, coat hook on B pillar, kind of holes on the side section of the rear Ac went, pull down roof support handles and of course a height adjustable rear seat headrest with healthy adjustment range. I wish all these come on the production model too as the picture is of the pre-production model, I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1499791666953.jpg  

satish_tns is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 22:45   #913
Distinguished - BHPian

Birdies are very happy to report that service training for the Nexon compact crossover SUV has commenced from yesterday.

They add, "it's for both - petrol and diesel versions of the Nexon."

RavenAvi is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 23:07   #914
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdies are very happy to report that service training for the Nexon compact crossover SUV has commenced from yesterday.

They add, "it's for both - petrol and diesel versions of the Nexon."

This is great news. Any news on AMT variant (in either of the fuel type)? I am sure many lurking this page are looking forward to.
Old 12th July 2017, 11:39   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Picture of Nexon interior - rear, sourced from interior. Notice the seat belt has height adjustable feature, missing front seat back pocket, tweeter on the rear door too, descending slope of floor hump towards the rear Ac vent, rear seat center arm rest, coat hook on B pillar, kind of holes on the side section of the rear Ac went, pull down roof support handles and of course a height adjustable rear seat headrest with healthy adjustment range. I wish all these come on the production model too as the picture is of the pre-production model, I guess.
WoW....that photo definitely suggests a reasonably high seating position keeping the dimensions of car in mind.

Thanks for sharing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed