Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3904908)
3. Can anyone let me know what's the below knob for? I really hope it's NOT for selecting the drive mode, but something else. :D

Screenshot taken from Autocar video posted above.

Is it a knob or just a perfume bottle or ashtray placed in a storage space which has chrome lining?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarrySky (Post 3905032)
Is it a knob or just a perfume bottle or ashtray placed in a storage space which has chrome lining?

I think its a rotary selector instead of the usual switches for city, sport and eco driving modes.Observe those figures printed on the knob.

Folks, Tata will take atleast 15 more months to launch this vehicle. As of now this car holds a lot of promise. I just hope Tata will not tone down on the equipment list and keep the fit and finish up to the mark.

The Nexon is a massive, in fact a quantum leap for Tata Motors. What a brilliant looking car, inside and out.

I really hope Tata Motors prices this well/aggressively and gain lost foothold in the market. Immense respect to TM for observing the industry, understanding what Indians want from a mini SUV and turning those inputs into a great looking mini-suv.

Great engine option on the diesel as well. Now hope they price it well and appropriately, this can do pretty well. I may just have found my next car. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3904908)
Couple of noteworthy items on Nexon

3. Can anyone let me know what's the below knob for? I really hope it's NOT for selecting the drive mode, but something else. :D

Attachment 1468676

Screenshot taken from Autocar video posted above.

Attaching a much clearer image from the video. It definitely looks like a knob as seen from the later parts of the video from where this screen grab is taken. No text below the small images on the knob. Can someone make out what those images mean?
Name:  Nexon.png
Views: 10394
Size:  269.0 KB

Attaching the leaked Hexa All Terrain Selection knob.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-hexa.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3905113)
Attaching a much clearer image from the video. It definitely looks like a knob as seen from the later parts of the video from where this screen grab is taken. No text below the small images on the knob. Can someone make out what those images mean?
Attachment 1469337...

The left most graphic looks like Skycrapers = City (?)! The right most one looks like a man sprinting = Sports(?)

By that, I assume the Eco mode = a Leaf(?)

This looks like the drive mode selection button, in a new presentation rather than switches, probably to give the feel of a SUV. :Frustrati:Frustrati

I assume you had taken the screenshot from the Autocar video? If not, could you post the video link please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3905143)
The left most graphic looks like Skycrapers = City (?)! The right most one looks like a man sprinting = Sports(?)

This looks like the drive mode selection button, in a new presentation rather than switches, probably to give the feel of a SUV. :Frustrati:Frustrati

I assume you had taken the screenshot from the Autocar video? If not, could you post the video link please?

Yes swift. It's the same video. There is a fraction of the second in the video when the knob is shown clearly and then it blurs because of the movement.

Edit: You nailed the knob functions to core. clap:

Quote:

Looks certainly like it and it's good, no? Gives an illusion of a premium SUV.

Moreover, the interiors are plush and very well sorted. If only they can bring it a sooner than later.

Quote:

The left most graphic looks like Skycrapers = City (?)! The right most one looks like a man sprinting = Sports(?) By that, I assume the Eco mode = a Leaf(?)

Spot on with your interpretation. A screen grab from another video on the Nexon, showing this clearly.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 8931
Size:  141.5 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinayak (Post 3906321)
Spot on with your interpretation. A screen grab from another video on the Nexon, showing this clearly.

Attachment 1470678

Till now, there is only Autocar's video. Is there any other video of the interior? Could you post the link?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3906345)
Till now, there is only Autocar's video. Is there any other video of the interior? Could you post the link?

The screenshot Sachin posted is from Zigwheels. I believe this is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-35Jew9go30

Pratap Bose explaining the design elements of Tata Nexon at Auto Expo 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0n8N-YgBVI

Attaching images created by fans at Auto Expo 2016. Tata Motors Smart Hub Nexon Personalization.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-custom-1.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-custom-2.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-custom-3.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-custom-4.jpg

Another video interview of Pratap Bose by Auto Car India explaining Nexon design. Not much insight, but a good watch if you want as much Nexon information as possible and are waiting for this car to launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzH02iWDkKw

And someone tried photoshop to change the car color to Red and that looks good too.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-red.jpg

Source: Twitter

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3908768)
Pratap Bose explaining the design elements of Tata Nexon at Auto Expo 2016.

Love the design of Nexon. In fact I did not realize that headlamp has DRL as well. I think Tata has packed everything possible so far in the Nexon. Nice muscular design, 16 inch alloy, nice black sporty interiors, floating tablet like Merc, arm rest, knob to change drive mode giving a feeling of premium car features.

Looks to be winner if priced well and offered with right engine and transmission options. I think this should come with a conventional automatic transmission rather than AMT.

Nexon definitely has potential to generate huge volumes for Tata. Could be a big game changer and potential car of the year.

Interesting thread - got me on Photoshop with a quick edit to the color that is oh-so-popular with car launches now a days.