Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2017, 20:53   #1111
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Yes, it does look different and certainly not class. But then these days, you can't buy class for 7L (my guess for the starting price), can you..
Well, on a lighter note one can never buy class! My reference points are the video from the Auto Expo 2016 and also the recent Geneva show editions had better plastics, hence the comment.

Yes, we'll all have to wait till they hit showrooms and see for ourselves
Old 23rd July 2017, 14:41   #1112
Distinguished - BHPian

Five class-leading features to look forward to in the Tata NEXON

Official Press Release:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-untitled.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1_2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2_2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-5.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-6.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd July 2017 at 14:50. Reason: added official interior studio shots.
RavenAvi is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 15:20   #1113
Team-BHP Support

8 speaker audio system, carried forward from the Tigor.

So no sub woofer, amplifier, dash speaker and probably not JBL branded as in Hexa. Before someone jumps in to defend, should add that this itself should be class leading, by far. But should fall short of the standards set by Hexa.

The good news is the HD screen though! With the screen being a big highlight of the interior, a poor resolution one would have ruined it!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd July 2017 at 15:25.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:08   #1114
BHPian

The interior looks delicious to me. These comfort oriented features coupled with good looks and decent ride and handling should make it an all-round car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So no sub woofer, amplifier, dash speaker and probably not JBL branded as in Hexa. Before someone jumps in to defend, should add that this itself should be class leading, by far. But should fall short of the standards set by Hexa.
Tata definitely want to keep certain high-end features limited to their flagship to justify the price ( not just the size). Remember, it's 100% more expensive than the speculated Nexon price.
That said, and as you alluded to, what we get are already class leading.
prakash_ajp is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:23   #1115
Senior - BHPian

That steering looks out of place otherwise nice interior. It needs an aftermarket black/grey hand stitched steering cover with grey stitching.
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:51   #1116
Senior - BHPian

I think they erred in making a passing mention of the 6-speed gearbox. Competition has 5-speed. Could have been highlighted better.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 16:52   #1117
MCR
BHPian

Tata's compact SUV, the Nexon

Looks really amazing. The drive modes are the ones which is really first in class feature. There was a teaser put out by Tata on Twitter saying 2days to go for media drives. We can expect the first reports by Thursday evening for sure. Eagerly waiting to drive this car.
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:00   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I think they erred in making a passing mention of the 6-speed gearbox. Competition has 5-speed. Could have been highlighted better.
They did mention it in the along with the engine.
Perhaps, someone started with the idea of "5" saliant points about the Nexon

Last edited by prakash_ajp : 23rd July 2017 at 17:01.
prakash_ajp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:04   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
They did mention it in the along with the engine.
Perhaps, someone started with the idea of "5" saliant points about the Nexon
That's what I meant. A passing comment without highlighting it.
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:06   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Love those black interior. Mercifully, no beige. And that travelator/walkalator slide panel next to parking brake lever looks awesome. The first thing I would do when I get into this car is to slide that thing back and forth a few times. Only when I'm done playing with this thing would I move on to other things. And also, the way that parking lever lowers into a recess looks so good. It's out of way when not in use.
pgsagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:08   #1121
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Probably didn't highlight it because Honda WRV gets a 6 speed gearbox on the diesel variant. Hence it can't be called a segment first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That steering looks out of place otherwise nice interior. It needs an aftermarket black/grey hand stitched steering cover with grey stitching.
Looks like its not leather wrapped. That's a miss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Love those black interior. Mercifully, no beige. And that travelator/walkalator slide panel next to parking brake lever looks awesome. The first thing I would do when I get into this car is to slide that thing back and forth a few times. Only when I'm done playing with this thing would I move on to other things. And also, the way that parking lever lowers into a recess looks so good. It's out of way when not in use.
Absolutely. This central portion looks like it belongs to vehicles from several segments above!

EDIT -

Congrats RavenAvi for the first declared booking (The "I Booked my Car" Thread) on the forum.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd July 2017 at 17:19.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:17   #1122
BHPian

Interestingly, the post about the infotainment system does not mention the system to be a touchscreen one !

The placement of the screen does inhibit touch usage by the driver and there are buttons provided as well for using it! What gives?
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:21   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Absolutely! Tired of trying to keep the beige clean on the Vista. Given up now. Have had my eyes on the Xenon for a long time, (not Hexa, as I don't need a large car) but the Vista is going great guns at 118000 kms and I see no reason yet to switch.

Recently replaced the clutch (first change), timing chain and is on brand new Yokohamas now. So it's still good for the long haul. Just some rattling (loose toolkit/stuff) in the boot which I'm unable to pin on.

It's only the beige that's irritating and I'm thinking of fake leather seat covers and door trims. Wait and watch policy for now without trying to be the kid in the candy shop.

Congrats, RavenAvi on your booking.

Last edited by discoverwild : 23rd July 2017 at 17:28.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:39   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Absolutely. This central portion looks like it belongs to vehicles from several segments above!

.[/b]
Exactly. It would be gross injustice to this car, not to make a mention of the central portion. The black-shades, floating screen, the cascade centre-divide wall, the recessed parking brake lever and the travelator slide panel, all come together to take this car up several notches. I'm yet to see an under-25L car centre portion looking as good. This alone makes me wanna buy this car. The exterior styling is the icing on the cake and killer-price (hopefully) would seal the deal. Now, if only Tata brings that AMT variant along, too.
Old 23rd July 2017, 17:39   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Interestingly, the post about the infotainment system does not mention the system to be a touchscreen one !
Not a big fan of touchscreen ICE but the press release posted by @RavenAvi does mention it to be a 'HD touchscreen'.
drnilswap is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed