Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-8.html)

This definitely looks terrific and Tatas have taken it to the next level, remember we had the same excitement during Zest launch but the sales did not reflect the expectations. On close scrutiny there were a few minor niggles but overall it was a well built product. I am sure Tatas have done their homework this time and would give it their best shot

Give an auto tranny and you have my booking amount right away. I don't mind giving it even a year ahead.

Though I didn't like the blue display vehicle, some personalised pictures have definitely changed my opinion. I really liked the black & lime green colours. Looks really good. I think the white ceramic strips create confusion about the design.

I hope they have cruise control on offer as Brezza too is offering it. If so, the advantage of Nexon will be the 110bhp engine & the 6.5" display on the dash.

However, as a potential customer, I'll always wait to see how the engine fares as it's a new one. Can never rule out if something can go wrong, though probability of failures / niggles would have come down.

Isn't this a gorgeous vehicle? Just wanted to try out the colors, but could not resist posting. Tried a few more, with my limited PS skills.

Name:  1.png
Views: 70638
Size:  223.8 KB

Name:  2.png
Views: 66410
Size:  132.0 KB

Name:  1.png
Views: 88358
Size:  212.3 KB

Name:  2.png
Views: 90486
Size:  194.2 KB

Name:  3.png
Views: 65533
Size:  216.7 KB

Name:  4.png
Views: 67188
Size:  216.6 KB

Name:  6.png
Views: 62773
Size:  131.5 KB

Name:  5.png
Views: 61229
Size:  134.3 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinayak (Post 3909676)
Isn't this a gorgeous vehicle? Just wanted to try out the colors, but could not resist posting.

Pictures look cool.

Can you try out some light colours too and post the images if they are good? You might have to change the Waistline from white to Black.

Zest's White, Dune Biege, Grey

Some Other options: Chevrolet Beat/Figo Green, Duster Amazon Green and Woodland Brown.

Thanks in advance.

Tata Nexon spotted testing following Auto Expo.

Spotted cars are still carrying the tail roof carrier or some element even after the unveil at Auto Expo.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-201602tata-nexon-1.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-201602tata-nexon-2.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-201602tata-nexon-3.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-201602tata-nexon-4.jpg

Quote:

Visitors to the 2016 Auto Expo in New Delhi would unanimously agree that Tata Motors' display was amongst the most impressive with a slew of upcoming vehicles unveiled one after the other. One of them was the futuristic and funky Nexon compact SUV. After debuting in concept form at the 2014 Auto Expo, the Nexon came back as a concept again to vow visitors this year too, albeit in a toned-down production-ready avatar. Just days after it's spectacular outing in New Delhi, here is proof Tata is already at work preparing for these launches.

Spotted testing over the weekend on the outskirts of Pune, the two test mules of Tata Nexon zoomed past our Xylo and quickly sped into a distance. Considering we were already doing close to triple digit speeds, that was an impressive high speed show by the two Nexons. With the makeshift headlights and taillights combined with some clever camouflaging, the test vehicles revealed next to nothing apart from their identities. Despite craning our necks trying to shoot the interiors, all that welcomed us were thick sheets of camouflage on the dashboard! We scratched our heads trying to figure out those ungainly protrusions at the rear of the test cars in vain. Are they just intentional distractions planned by Tata? Is that a practical roof-mounted carrier? Is it a funky style accessory? We don't know yet.

What we know is that the Nexon would feature Tata's new 'Impact Design' philosophy which is debuting in the soon-to-be-renamed Zica. If the design of the show car makes it to production, the Nexon would be one truly impressive automobile on our roads. With Tata's trademark honeycomb grille, the Humanity Line that extends into the 'frog's eye' headlights, the distinct window line that's shaped like a swoosh, the dual-tone paint job and the floating roof, there's a lot to like in the Nexon. The rear is likely to split opinions and is a definite hit or a miss. The interiors, again, are refreshingly cool for a brand that's struggling to impress private retail customers. Be it the two-tone dashboard with contrasting elements, the Mercedes-style 6.5-inch touchscreen that pops out of the dash or the rotary drive mode selector in the center console, there are quite a few party tricks up the Nexon's sleeve.

When it goes on sale, engine options for the Nexon would include a turbocharged 1.2-liter Revotron petrol engine and a 1.5-liter turbo diesel that generates 110 PS and 260 Nm of torque. Transmitting all that power to the front wheels would be a 6-speed manual transmission. An Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) is also expected to be launched at a later stage. Riding on 16-inch alloy wheels with a ground clearance of 200 mm, the Tata Nexon would rival the Ford Ecosport, Maruti-Suzuki's upcoming Vitara Brezza and the Mahindra TUV 3OO for a pie of the booming compact SUV segment.

What are you waiting for Tata? Waste no time, launch the Nexon already and see customers flocking your showrooms with cheque books on hand!
Source: Link

Tata motors should launch Nexon by 2016 diwali as they did with Zica. They can speed up the testing and validation process by using the 1.3 litre mjd at launch and later in 2017 the 1.5 litre in house developed engine can be used on the top spec varient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damodar (Post 3910375)
They can speed up the testing and validation process by using the 1.3 litre mjd at launch and later in 2017 the 1.5 litre in house developed engine can be used on the top spec varient.

Even if the engine itself is tried and tested, packaging on a new vehicle is an entire process in itself, like a new engine. So there are no short cuts here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3905113)
Attaching a much clearer image from the video. It definitely looks like a knob as seen from the later parts of the video from where this screen grab is taken. No text below the small images on the knob. Can someone make out what those images mean?
Attachment 1469337

Attaching the leaked Hexa All Terrain Selection knob.
Attachment 1469335

Looks like City Mode with the skyscrapers and the Sports mode with the man sprinting.

Also seems like it will have 6 gears as the reverse knob is a lift-up reverse one.

@ Mods : The title of the particular thread should now be changed. It's still '' Tata Osprey ''. Search for '' Tata Nexon ''(thread title) even returns no result. I think many would be facing problems searching for this thread because of the thread title.

Thanks
Aakarsh

Tata Nexon spied on Pune expressway.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexontaillightsspiedcamouflaged768x474.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonsidespiedcamouflaged768x474.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonrearquarterspiedcamouflaged768x474.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonrearspiedcamouflaged.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexondoorsspiedcamouflaged.jpg

Source: IAB

I really like the looks, dimensions and the space it has to offer for pax and luggage. The engine specifications looks good as well. I just hope the pricing is right and the overall performance is acceptable. I am looking forward to replace my 2.5 years old Ertiga and Nexon looks like good proposition to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3929457)

Fingers crossed!

After Brezza's mouthwatering pricing and reduction in the prices of Ecosport, let's hope Tata takes care of the pricing part effectively.

No doubt, they are too late to enter into the segment but they have somehow managed to do something extraordinary and fresh with the Nexon (prima facie). They should not make any further delays and hit the iron as soon as possible. Nexon has a whole lot of capabilities and I can foresee a lot of bookings being shifted from Brezza to the Nexon. Pricing would be the ultimate key Tata!

Tata should launch the Nexon as soon as possible and take benefits of Maruti's failure in delivering the Brezza on time, I mean the longer waiting periods.

It's the time for Tata to earn back its glory and there's no room for any mistakes.

Best regards
Aakarsh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aakarsh (Post 3930921)
Fingers crossed!

After Brezza's mouthwatering pricing and reduction in the prices of Ecosport, let's hope Tata takes care of the pricing part effectively.

No doubt, they are too late to enter into the segment but they have somehow managed to do something extraordinary and fresh with the Nexon (prima facie). They should not make any further delays and hit the iron as soon as possible. Nexon has a whole lot of capabilities and I can foresee a lot of bookings being shifted from Brezza to the Nexon. Pricing would be the ultimate key Tata!

Tata should launch the Nexon as soon as possible and take benefits of Maruti's failure in delivering the Brezza on time, I mean the longer waiting periods.

It's the time for Tata to earn back its glory and there's no room for any mistakes.

Best regards
Aakarsh

Agreed. But that would be very very wishful thinking on our part. Pricing for Tiago itself is not announced. Hexa which Autocar had driven (probably pre-production version) around 7-8 months ago does not yet have a likely month for launch. I would be very glad if Tata come out with Nexon even by this year-end.

I had compromised myself that I would not get tempted with any new car till I see Nexon in flesh and take a test drive of its diesel. Not sure how long I'll hold onto that thought. Brezza looks tempting, but I don't want to settle for 1.3 DDiS engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3931019)
Agreed. But that would be very very wishful thinking on our part. Pricing for Tiago itself is not announced. Hexa which Autocar had driven (probably pre-production version) around 7-8 months ago does not yet have a likely month for launch. I would be very glad if Tata come out with Nexon even by this year-end.

I had compromised myself that I would not get tempted with any new car till I see Nexon in flesh and take a test drive of its diesel. Not sure how long I'll hold onto that thought. Brezza looks tempting, but I don't want to settle for 1.3 DDiS engine.

I know I am being a bit wishful here but Tata really needs to pace it up now. Their upcoming set of cars have what the current market needs. They are capable of doing something unique and grab some decent numbers on the chart.

Good news for you!:)
Nexon is planned for this year festive season, to be launched in November AFAIK and even before kite5.

I too would suggest you to have a bit of patience and wait until Nexon hit the roads.

Hopefully the wait would be fruitful!

Aakarsh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aakarsh (Post 3931046)
I know I am being a bit wishful here but Tata really needs to pace it up now. Their upcoming set of cars have what the current market needs. They are capable of doing something unique and grab some decent numbers on the chart.

Good news for you!:)
Nexon is planned for this year festive season, to be launched in November AFAIK and even before kite5.
Aakarsh

Hi Aakarsh,

I too wish that the festive launch fructifies!

Still, what makes you believe that Nexon will arrive before Sway. Any particular source about this info.