Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2016, 13:59   #121
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
I know I am being a bit wishful here but Tata really needs to pace it up now. Their upcoming set of cars have what the current market needs. They are capable of doing something unique and grab some decent numbers on the chart.

Good news for you!
Nexon is planned for this year festive season, to be launched in November AFAIK and even before kite5.
Aakarsh
Hi Aakarsh,

I too wish that the festive launch fructifies!

Still, what makes you believe that Nexon will arrive before Sway. Any particular source about this info.
Old 20th March 2016, 15:13   #122
NPX
BHPian

With Vitara Brezza's launch this month and Ford reducing prices of Ecosport Tata is gonna face tough completion. They should launch it already before its Auto Expo popularity dies and potential customers buy maruti or ford. Late entry in today's tough competition is like launching 512 MB ram phone in the era of 3/4 GB ram phones at same price.
NPX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 23:15   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Tourer View Post
Hi Aakarsh,

I too wish that the festive launch fructifies!

Still, what makes you believe that Nexon will arrive before Sway. Any particular source about this info.
Hello Gran_Tourer!

I came across a news article and got this piece of information. That article was published on International Business Times's website. Here is the link.

However, couldn't determine the reliability of this information but I hope it is true.

Regards
Aakarsh
Aakarsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 14:07   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
With Vitara Brezza's launch this month and Ford reducing prices of Ecosport Tata is gonna face tough completion. They should launch it already before its Auto Expo popularity dies and potential customers buy maruti or ford. Late entry in today's tough competition is like launching 512 MB ram phone in the era of 3/4 GB ram phones at same price.
Every sport race like running has about 10 to 12 participants, only the first 3 are recognized but still you need the 10 to make it look like a running race !!. Tatas are just like that. They just want to be in the participants list. They always launch some car after everyone has run away with the market in that segment !! Sad to see this given that Tatas were pioneers in creating so many segments..... like spacious hatchback segment ( Indica ), SUV ( Sierra/ Safari ), sub 4 m segment ( indigo eCS) and not to mention the humble Nano. But now it looks like they dont have the right set of employees to create such class leading segments. Remember Tata has lost all the above segment positions sales to competitors
They created one more segment, the ARIA but see where it is now. This company will close out soon. It appears that they are doing business without making much money. Look at the amount of money that has gone into Nano and see the sales. I wonder where the profitability is. Nano should have got AMT long back. What made Tata to wait until celerio launched AMT ? sick attitude in such a great company. They should have immediately realized the mistake of projecting the Nano as cheap car and taken corrective measures to position it as smart city car with AMT probably 3 years earlier. Anyway, no point in even talking about this great company. My heart bleeds for them and I am a proud owner of 2 TATA vehicles
power ranger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 20:38   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

As normal with Tata car launch delays , Nexon launch only in 2017?

Autocar cover story seems to suggest it.

Last edited by noopster : 30th March 2016 at 14:25. Reason: Removed scanned picture of magazine cover
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 18:59   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As normal with Tata car launch delays , Nexon launch only in 2017?

Attachment 1490710
Did Autocar guys drive it? What was their impression about the car anything they have mentioned in the issue?
Old 27th March 2016, 20:25   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by al pacino View Post
Did Autocar guys drive it? What was their impression about the car anything they have mentioned in the issue?
After a long time, I tried to find a book shop near my area to buy this edition. The two shops that I know were closed off permanently. Bad times for print books.

I tried looking for an online edition, but looks like this edition is not yet for sale. May take a day or two.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 22:22   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by al pacino View Post
Was about to have my dinner and saw the message from Al pacino, I was also in two minds if I should go ahead with the Brezza booking or hold of for the Nexon. Decided to call the bookstore at 8:45 pm and they had a copy. My wife, was like you must be crazy, gave her a sheepish smile and rushed to the store.

Got the issue and read about the Nexon. It provides details on the design elements, most of which we already know.

The most important factor is that it can seat 4 comfortably, due to the scooped seat design and rear a/c vent, middle passenger in the rear may be a bit uncomfortable.

Tata has put a lot of thought on the design element and interior comfort. They seem to have got it right,going by the pictures and write up.

The car wasn't test driven and looks like the engine is still in works. The diesel is apparently a 4 cylinder version of what's on the Tiago with a 6 speed transmission and 110bhp.

Petrol is a 1.2 turbo charged version of what's on the Tiago with 110bhp output and 6 speed transmission.

Both of the engines are expected to sport AMT. Ground clearance is 200mm.

Tata knows this is do or die situation for them and lots at stake with this model.

I hope they have the hill assist on the AMT, with good sound dampening, low end torque. I am sure Tata will take care of the handling.

I have decided to hold off on my purchase and give Nexon a chance.

I haven't owned a Tata as of now, but something tells me this is going to do what 800 did for Maruti. I know i may be dreaming but at times they do come true. Come on Tata get it out there and give the Koreans and Japs a run for their money.
Chillout is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 00:30   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I haven't owned a Tata as of now, but something tells me this is going to do what 800 did for Maruti. I know i may be dreaming but at times they do come true. Come on Tata get it out there and give the Koreans and Japs a run for their money.
Sriram, looks like our thoughts are running similar. Creta -> S Cross -> Brezza and now Nexon. Lets see who will take the first plunge.

Considering the general positive feedback that Tiago's diesel got, it must be worth the wait.

Before Auto Expo, I was worried about rear seat space and boot space and from the videos those look sorted out. Tata make sure this comes in early 2017 if not by this year end.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 01:32   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Petrol is a 1.2 turbo charged version of what's on the Tiago with 110bhp output and 6 speed transmission.

Both of the engines are expected to sport AMT. Ground clearance is 200mm.
If this is true, this will definitely be the perfect upgrade for my Tata Zest, which I anyway absolutely love driving.
Old 28th March 2016, 13:01   #131
Senior - BHPian

Looks like many people are interested in Nexon - add 3 to the list
Old 28th March 2016, 15:12   #132
Senior - BHPian

Well, all the reviews and online blogs talk only about the design and Engineering of Nexon.

Design and Engineering can take a car only so much. It is build quality that can take a car's reliability and "ageing" miles ahead. There are so many interviews with Pratap bose, head of design, but there are no interviews with any production planning executive on how they plan to increase quality levels and bring reliability and longevity on par with Suzukis and Hyundais. Also - there should have been some interviews with Sales executives / India CEO on how they plan to provide customer service on par with Mahindra. IF they want to hit the Brezza / TUV3OO with with Nexa and later the XUV5OO with the Hexa.

This is synonymous with Alfa Romeo Alfasud , where the design and engineering was totally next gen but the build quality was so pathetic that the car rotted away to rust.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 28th March 2016 at 15:14.
Old 28th March 2016, 16:40   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Well, all the reviews and online blogs talk only about the design and Engineering of Nexon.

Design and Engineering can take a car only so much. It is build quality that can take a car's reliability and "ageing" miles ahead. There are so many interviews with Pratap bose, head of design, but there are no interviews with any production planning executive on how they plan to increase quality levels and bring reliability and longevity on par with Suzukis and Hyundais. Also - there should have been some interviews with Sales executives / India CEO on how they plan to provide customer service on par with Mahindra. IF they want to hit the Brezza / TUV3OO with with Nexa and later the XUV5OO with the Hexa.

This is synonymous with Alfa Romeo Alfasud , where the design and engineering was totally next gen but the build quality was so pathetic that the car rotted away to rust.
As a Tata Zest owner, I can only say that my ownership & service experience has been superb, both in terms of quality, build & service experiences so far.

Tata has indeed made a big effort to improve on all counts, I dont think they are aiming to match Mahindra, but rather to bring in Landrover/Jaguar quality/service into Tata overall.
gsurya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 12:31   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I bought the Autocar issue to read the preview of Nexon. Impressive as per reviewers!
Latheesh, the preview was only on the design and interiors, we don't have much updates on the engine, ride quality transmissions.

This article is more of a design preview and not the SUV in its entirety.
Old 29th March 2016, 12:56   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Latheesh, the preview was only on the design and interiors, we don't have much updates on the engine, ride quality transmissions.

This article is more of a design preview and not the SUV in its entirety.
Nexon will possibly feature Tata's own developed 1.5 litre CR4 Diesel engine & if we speculate about the petrol engine, then i guess it'll feature 1.2 litre Turbo Revotron engine tuned to generate 95-100PS of power, but will it get1.2 litre, 4-cylinder 2-valve/cyl layout Revotron derivative from Zest/Bolt or Turbocharged version of advanced 1.2 litre All-Aluminium 3-cylinder Revotron from Tata Tiago, has to be seen. But i guess its going to be the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
As a Tata Zest owner, I can only say that my ownership & service experience has been superb, both in terms of quality, build & service experiences so far.

Tata has indeed made a big effort to improve on all counts, I dont think they are aiming to match Mahindra, but rather to bring in Landrover/Jaguar quality/service into Tata overall.
That's really great & these words mean alot for their context.
Tata Zest is a very promising car from its very first day.
Can you please share the details about your car or share the link to your ownership thread here.
CRtorquefan is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks