Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 10:50   #1336
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

How I wish I was in the market for a car now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
The slide on boot space seems to have been missed. At 350L, it is on par with its peers.
Let's not get carried away with that pic. We have seen pics of the boot by other manufacturers which were found to be doctored to show multiple bags.

Still, 350 litres looks as good as the compact hatches. It is not every car that has a 400 litre ( Ikon) to 500 litre (Etios) boot.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 10:57   #1337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Isn't this a HUGE risk again for someone to be buying the First Gen Nexon?

To give a more recent example, I have had interactions with owners of the initial Tiago who do not seem to be happy and some have even sold their cars.
I am not saying do not buy Tata, I am saying play the game knowing the pitfalls, do not become a Tester for a Tata Product at your expense.

My recommendation for potential Nexon buyers would be to stay put and jump in maybe after the product has been used in the market for a minimum of 6 months.
That is the case with most manufacturers these days - even the ones known to charge a premium for reliability like Honda and Toyota. The initial year of the City had major complaints and the same holds true for Crysta now.

RavenAvi who is one among the two BHP'ians to prebook the Nexon, had in the past sold his City due to complaints of the initial batch. Surely his confidence in the Nexon reflects the fact that TATA has surely come a long way with respect to quality and reliability.

Moreover, as we have seen - Nexon has undergone extensive testing over various difficult terrains, previously seen in such intensity only before the launch of the Hexa. This should help reduce the initial niggles as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 10:59   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not saying do not buy Tata, I am saying play the game knowing the pitfalls, do not become a Tester for a Tata Product at your expense.

My recommendation for potential Nexon buyers would be to stay put and jump in maybe after the product has been used in the market for a minimum of 6 months.
Do you say same thing for other manufacturers as well? Like Maruti, Mahindra, Honda and Toyota?
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:07   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Blending with nature - shared by Tata Motors.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon1.jpg

Flagging off by Mayank Pareek & Tim Leverton

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon2.jpg

Another photo of the lineup at the hotel

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon3.jpg

Tata Motors has also shared a timelapse video of a short section from the drive on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...54489930997760
AkMar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:09   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Amongst all the recent launches (purely based on the TeamBHP official review threads), Hexa has had a relatively smoother launch with fewer hiccups than the Innova Crysta (so much for its famed reliability), Ford Endeavour, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, or Mahindra TUV300/KUV100.

Now this may not be an apple-apple comparison since the sample set is not huge, but let the past not blind you.

If you read the Tata Hexa official review and comments, most owners agree that the ownership experience till date has been pretty good. Long term experience is still a question, but lets acknowledge improvements made and give credit where its due.
sachinayak is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:11   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
This is surely nothing but a bolstered Vista/Bolt. I wonder why they were testing so much except for the new engines.
So, would you buy a car that has a new engine and transmission combination with just about a month's testing just because it looks like a Bolt? Looks are just one part of the car to me. I know many don't look beyond the appearance, but there's more to a car than just that. I really hope that this time Tata run into more people who understand a car.

Another point: If people expect features from WRV such as sunroof etc., then they should be willing to pay the price of WRV, which IIRC, is about a lakh more than the Brezza and Ecosport.

Last edited by prakash_ajp : 26th July 2017 at 11:39. Reason: add more point
prakash_ajp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:16   #1342
Team-BHP Support

A quick comparison of the feature set and specs -

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon2.jpg

The ones where Nexon tops other is marked green, and the ones where it is at the bottom is marked red.

*Ecosport facelift is coming almost by the time Nexon hits showrooms. Confirmed feature set includes Cruise Control, Projector headlamps etc.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:17   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Let's not get carried away with that pic. We have seen pics of the boot by other manufacturers which were found to be doctored to show multiple bags.

Still, 350 litres looks as good as the compact hatches. It is not every car that has a 400 litre ( Ikon) to 500 litre (Etios) boot.
Renuka Kripalani had mentioned in her initial views during the Expo that the boot was big enough to swallow a full washing machine. So, I guess it's good enough.
Old 26th July 2017, 11:19   #1344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Renuka Kripalani had mentioned in her initial views during the Expo that the boot was big enough to swallow a full washing machine. So, I guess it's good enough.
That will need almost 22 inches x 22 inches for a top-loader. To keep the washing machine side-ways.

Last edited by condor : 26th July 2017 at 11:25.
Old 26th July 2017, 11:24   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That will need almost 2 ft x 2 ft. To keep the washing machine side-ways.
Looking at these small kids in this picture I think it may be possible

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...uv-nexon-1.jpg
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:25   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A quick comparison of the feature set and specs -
The Nexon's HU has the Navigation feature (smartphone-based).

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dflnx08uwae0bbs.jpg

Also, power to weight numbers for the Nexon diesel are also class-leading, hence needs to be highlighted in green.

Tilt steering is also present.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th July 2017 at 11:27.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:26   #1347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
That will need almost 2 ft x 2 ft. To keep the washing machine side-ways.
Thats just a casual phrase anyways. No one expects her to verify with a washing machine.

The 350L boot is at par / better than the likes of Ford Ecosport and Brezza, at 326 and 328L respectively. Only the WRV with 363 litres does slightly better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Nexon's HU has the Navigation feature (smartphone-based).

Also, power to weight numbers for the Nexon diesel are also class-leading, hence needs to be highlighted in green.
Excluded navigation because it is smartphone based, but others have their own dedicated navigation built-in.

Power to weight is a mistake. Actually not! Because it is on par with the Honda WRV, as per our discussions few pages earlier. I forgot to include the WRV itself in that sheet!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th July 2017 at 11:30.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:31   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
That will need almost 22 inches x 22 inches for a top-loader. To keep the washing machine side-ways.
That was mentioned in the presentation yesterday as well. But additionally what was mentioned was that can be done once you fold the rear seats. After that you can fit a washing machine along with its box.

I think today will be a fairly quiet day since the journos would all be busy driving the cars. Bummer can hardly concentrate on anything in office

Btw from the two colors that I have seen, Red XZ+ diesel it will be for me. Waiting for the festive season now
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:39   #1349
BHPian

Spotted the media drive convoy at Muvattupuzha, Kerala. They seemed to be heading towards the twisties at Idukki. Hope the Nexon can take on Kerala's B roads!
Speed.Demon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 11:47   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Spotted the media drive convoy at Muvattupuzha, Kerala. They seemed to be heading towards the twisties at Idukki. Hope the Nexon can take on Kerala's B roads!
Indeed. Marketing head of Tata motors has posted this picture from Idukki.

Looking gorgeous

Source
AkMar is offline   (20) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed