Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 17:02   #1381
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Same team as the Hexa - Aditya & Vid6639 are reviewing the Nexon .

By the way, who is the gentleman with spectacles in the tweet? I think Tata used the wrong picture for Team-BHP in their tweet.
Vivek Srivastava (Marketing Head- TATA Motors)
Vivek
Highh5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:10   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
I was sharing the pics of Nexon with a couple of my relatives and some said "this has the typical Indica look" - I was like "What?".

They are fine with the shabilly looking Suzuki's and of course the Crysta's but just complain on Tata's or Mahindras.
Hi peterjim, if we Show the Pictures without the TATA badge People might like it
Leymama is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:10   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Wonder if black roof would have looked better on Red than gray.
Looks yes, but practicality no. We live in a tropical country where 35+ Celsius is a given, it'll only make matters worse for cooling the cabin in these post-sun film days.
Old 26th July 2017, 17:12   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

By the way, who is the gentleman with spectacles in the tweet? I think Tata used the wrong picture for Team-BHP in their tweet.
The same 2 gentlemen are there in videos welcoming every team. I think both are from Tata motors. They seem to have used a generic video for all welcome tweets.

Edit: By generic I meant generic content in the video, without actually including the attendees from teams in the video. Team names were changed of course for every team.

I wish the reviewers give out a short preview before full fledged review goes live. That was done for the fortuner if I remember right. Going by Team BHP standards, the preview too will be worth waiting for

Last edited by AkMar : 26th July 2017 at 17:19.
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:12   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Same team as the Hexa - Aditya & Vid6639 are reviewing the Nexon .
Thanks for that GTO, eagerly wait for their views now.

Quote:
That would be Vivek B Srivatsa (@Vivekvivi). He and Suresh Rangarajan (@CoolRangs) did the Welcome honours via a small recorded clip addressed to each of the participants upon their arrival.
uday.ere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:24   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Unfortunately the post is written by me. The details were put together before the specs came out and hence the glaring error.
It's one thing to make mistakes. But acknowledging it and making amends is bigger. Takes a lot of heart.

Agree with some of the points in the article. Nexon will compel buyers from across segments.

Quote:
Yes, 209 mm is quite a lot of clearance for a car in this segment.
Remember reading few pages back that it is the unladen GC. Still a lot. Though it is mandated now to use the laden gc, it will take sometime for people to come to terms with it. And Tata may have just used older method to avoid getting negative feedback from the less informed junta.

Two more pics. Source: Twitter.com
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_0124.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_0125.jpg  

Last edited by drnilswap : 26th July 2017 at 17:34.
drnilswap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:24   #1387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
I was sharing the pics of Nexon with a couple of my relatives and some said "this has the typical Indica look" - I was like "What?".

They are fine with the shabilly looking Suzuki's and of course the Crysta's but just complain on Tata's or Mahindras.
I wonder which is the more ignorant approach? The common crowd who keeps seeing Indica / Vista / Bolt in this new age TATA design of the Nexon?

Or the approach we seem to be taking in ridiculing those who do. Multiple posts earlier questioning how people can compare these cars to earlier designs. Four doors and windows and tyres etc. But they can't simply accept the reality that common people are seeing a lot of similarly in the design approach of the Nexon with the age old TATA cars.

But to those BHPians, I humbly request to just do this similar test as above. Just approach any non-BHP'ian / family member and ask them their feedback on the design. You'd be surprised / shocked.

PS - I'm not responsible if you end up fighting with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leymama View Post
Hi peterjim, if we Show the Pictures without the TATA badge People might like it
It is not about the logo. If so, the same would have echoed through Tiago, Tigor and Hexa threads - all of them (atleast the designs, if not sales) were accepted much better among enthusiasts and public alike.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th July 2017 at 17:34.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:32   #1388
NPX
BHPian

not so
can someone post photoshopped pics of nexon with Hyundai, Suzuki, Honda, etc badges so that we can show those pics to our friends & family to gauge their opinions for nexon.
NPX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:38   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Now, coming to Nexon, they say it resembles Bolt? Really? Elantra is far closer in appearance to Verna than Nexon to Bolt. Even Santa Fe from a distance has me confused with Creta. This, when we have another in-between car called Tucson. Then Audi Q3 and Q5. Compared to those, Nexon is not at all like Bolt.
Yes sir. Santafe might look like creta which in turn might look like i20 and so is the case with verna/elantra. BUT, Case in point, Nexon, does look like Bolt, with variable degrees of subjectivity atleast in few angles. Thing to note is Bolt is/was a taxi segment vehicle. Now, a potential Nexon buyer wouldn't prefer to buy a vehicle which might resemble a taxi. Thats it.
100% No offense to Bolt users.
Old 26th July 2017, 17:54   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the layout of the all-new 1.5L Revotorq diesel which is under the blue-coloured Nexon's hood (posted by me yesterday):

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-diesel.jpg
(Source)

And, this is how the engine bay of the 1.2L turbocharged Revotron petrol, under the media-drive-specific red-coloured Nexon's hood, looks like:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-petrol.jpg
(Source)

Smaller than the diesel, with a bit more breathing space on it's left. Seems to have plenty of engine damping behind it as well.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:55   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
Yes sir. Santafe might look like creta which in turn might look like i20 and so is the case with verna/elantra. BUT, Case in point, Nexon, does look like Bolt, with variable degrees of subjectivity atleast in few angles. Thing to note is Bolt is/was a taxi segment vehicle. Now, a potential Nexon buyer wouldn't prefer to buy a vehicle which might resemble a taxi. Thats it.
I really don't see the point arguing about Taxi segment. In the past couple of years, I have seen so many models ending up as taxis like Xcent, Swift Dzire, Micra, Etios, Zest, Bolt and even a Punto. It feels as if the taxi argument is brought up just because there is nothing else to talk about.
prasathlr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 18:02   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
not so
can someone post photoshopped pics of nexon with Hyundai, Suzuki, Honda, etc badges so that we can show those pics to our friends & family to gauge their opinions for nexon.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dsc1764699x38003.jpeg

Actually I did this few days back and asked about 8 people. Two guessed it right calling a Tata. Rest all wandered from Jeep compass to Hyundai.

Last edited by akshay380 : 26th July 2017 at 18:05.
akshay380 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 18:05   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
Amazing- did Tata launch Bolt specifically for Taxi segment? Would you say the same for Toyota Etios, Etios Liva, Swift Dzire? Was it Tata/Toyota/Maruti's intention to make these cars popular in taxi segment? What'd you say about Ritz, which at it's fag end was lapped up by Taxi segment?

These sweeping statements apart- the popularity of a car in taxi market is a good proof point that it is actually better than other cars in its segment, at least on some of these metrics- comfort, passenger space, ride quality, boot space, fuel efficiency, maintenance, vehicle life and cost of ownership (Initial cost of car and day to day running expenses). Otherwise why would people buy these cars to run as taxis? The only issue is that it gets a negative impression and stigma (akin to apartheid ) among buyers (individual owners do not want their cars to be called/likened to a taxi).

Btw, that reminds me of the fact that all the luxury taxis I see on BLR airport are mercs. Let's not buy mercs next time, or just bash them when they launch a product next.

It's sad to see that this thread has become a Tata bashing thread. Anyone defending them will be pictured as fan boys. Let's judge the product on its merits, irrespective of the badge. With Tiago, Hexa and Tigor, Tata has seen a turn around which is amazing to say the least. With whatever impressions I've of it online, I think Nexon is just going to take it forward.

Disclaimer- I like the car (Nexon). Loved Hexa. Recently drove a friend's Tiago, and found it to be a wonderful city car.
LordSharan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 18:07   #1394
BHPian

Comparisons to the Bolt aside, what needs to be seen is if Nexon's positioning as an SUV works well or not. People typically expect SUVs to appear tall and the Nexon's low stance / height could prove to be a disadvantage.

The Brezza is the closest to the Nexon in terms of height (the Ecosport / TUV300 are much taller) but its shape gives it a definite SUVish (or non-hatchback) character.

Would be interesting to see if this proves to be a factor in perception / purchase decisions.

Last edited by spindoc : 26th July 2017 at 18:16.
Old 26th July 2017, 18:13   #1395
BHPian

So sorry sir. I really like the Nexon. I just tried to justify others opinion who think 'it looks like the bolt'
I'm really rooting for Tata here.
And for the point do manufacturers launch models specifically for Taxi segment, they may not do so but they do not promote some models for Taxi like the Tiago, which isn't true for Bolt/Indica/Vista.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks