Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 20:39   #1411
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Is there any news trickling in about additional features of the car and performance of the engine? At least some pointers/teasers?
There is an embargo to post any subjective opinion till 28th. Guess we need to be happy with the pics and specifications till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I believe the ICE offered in Nexon will be the best we have seen from Tata till date.
The best HU from TATA, yes.

In terms of audio hardware though - the best is the 10 channel 320W system on the Hexa. Nexon gets the 4 *25W setup similar to the top end Zest.

Edit -

Pratap Bose claims that the boot will fit a full size washing machine including the cover!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170726_205048.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th July 2017 at 20:52.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 20:44   #1412
BHPian

Yes. That is why I mentioned "pointers/teasers" in the form of some vague comparisons or affirmations. I remember some journos doing that for Hexa. They tweeted something very vague, but the message was clear.
Old 26th July 2017, 21:18   #1413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any news trickling in about additional features of the car and performance of the engine? At least some pointers/teasers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There is an embargo to post any subjective opinion till 28th. Guess we need to be happy with the pics and specifications till then.
Quote:
Yes. That is why I mentioned "pointers/teasers" in the form of some vague comparisons or affirmations.
There's one from AutoPortal's Ashish Masih:

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th July 2017 at 21:25. Reason: added first look videos.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 21:24   #1414
BHPian

So the upcoming nexon which competes with the likes of the brezza and Ecosport gets a ton of features that it's most expensive brother, the hexa doesn't get.
Features like better touch screen, push button start etc which are totally missing even on the top most version of the hexa which costs 18 lakhs onroad.

I wonder what is tata thinking? Hexa owners feeling short changed?
Coming back on topic, love the interiors and power train options on the nexon. Tata has really upped their game. The only gripe is the quirky looks, but if its engine power figures do justice in the real world and tata upps it's Service experience, there is no stopping tata taking the second place in its segment.

Dethroning the brezza will be very difficult due to our fixation with Maruti and lack of understanding of tata's new found vision.We don't seem to want to give Tata a second chance at life.

Though I too would be skeptical about buying a tata since Service in Goa is about average, the nexon makes me take a harder look at what is being offered rather than dweling into who makes it.
Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 26th July 2017 at 21:34.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 21:39   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
So the upcoming nexon which competes with the likes of the brezza and Ecosport gets a ton of features that it's most expensive brother, the hexa doesn't get.
Features like better touch screen, push button start etc which are totally missing even on the top most version of the hexa which costs 18 lakhs onroad.

I wonder what is tata thinking? Hexa owners feeling short changed?
I was thinking along the same lines and then I asked myself "Is Nexon offering everything that the Hexa does?" and it very clearly doesn't! Additionally, Creta owners aren't complaining about features that are present in the i20 but are missing in the Creta, so I guess Hexa owners shouldn't fret. Yes the Nexon gets push button start, but the Hexa starts too, albeit with a turn of a key, so they are not that short changed.
esoticoreventon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 21:49   #1416
BHPian

There is a lot of talk on unnecessary things IMHO. The main USP of the Nexon will be the engines which seem to top the segment. Also, the ride quality of the recent Tata vehicles had been very good. So expect more of the same here. Combined with the engine it makes for a nice powerful and comfortable mile muncher. Perfect for small families who like to travel.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 22:03   #1417
BHPian

As far as I am concerned Tata has another car which hopefully will be another Tiago, I am a diehard Tata fan, with 3 cars to prove that, Indigo LS, Vista and now my old faithful MANZA. So if the need be, I have a good choice between the Nexon and Hexa. Hope Tata has a good innings with the NEXON.
Old 26th July 2017, 23:03   #1418
Distinguished - BHPian

How cool is this very unique feature inside the Nexon?!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg
(Source)

I don't think any car under Rs 40 lakhs OTR is equipped with this!

Making me fall for it even more with each passing day.
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 23:22   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

I had seen this, but I couldn't believe it. Do you mean to say that the touch screen can be pushed inside when we don't need it?
Old 27th July 2017, 00:03   #1420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
More than cool, I think it is necessary. Imagine leaving the panel exposed to heat filtering in from the dashboard, or heating of the cabin (when parked). The panel will then give up faster than if it is concealed like this when the vehicle is parked.
condor is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 00:22   #1421
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How cool is this very unique feature inside the Nexon?

Absolutely none below the luxury Germans!

That's the coolest feature of the car if it's true. Is it motorized movement, or spring loaded? If it's motorized - that will be one big party trick and a conversation starter everytime someone new gets into the car.

Bit surprised though, as the ac plumbing would be right underneath the HU. So wonder how they accomodated a full 6.5 inch underneath, to slide it away from sight. Anyways, absolutely delighted with this feature.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_2017072700241556.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th July 2017 at 00:27.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 00:38   #1422
BHPian

A big applause to Tata Motors!

Nexon is one of the most beautiful crossovers in recent history. Its beauty is in the details of the Impact design language. The inclusion of coupe body shape, ceramic garnish at the right places, grey-colored roof, less height yet very high Ground clearance, well appointed interior, among other aspects.

Just drool at the pictures of the red one!

Are there any pictures of the underbelly? Can't find one. Must be like Zest or Bolt, I guess.

Few small, yet significant mods for prospective owners to catapult the Nexon to GLA territory 😀

1. Damplify the car floor, dashboard, doors and hatch, wheel well, roofliner and hood.

2. Drape the seats and door arm rests with sunburnt orange-colored perforated, genuine Nappa.

3. Custom DRLs along the ceramic strips surrounding the front fog lights.

4. Ultinon LED headlights and LED fog lights.

5. Add a Dead Pedal, if not present already.

6. Some cool, non-flashy ambient lights.

Last edited by aamateen46 : 27th July 2017 at 01:07.
aamateen46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 01:15   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The manufacturer just needs to tell the supplier "look I am making 3000-4000 units of vehicles that will be using this each month, here is what I am willing to pay" have you heard about wholesale rates? Imagine the next level wholesale rates a manufacturer will get to enjoy. Not wholesale rates that a customer would get access to, not even wholesale rates that a dealer or stor would get access to but wholesale rates that a manufacturer would get access to. As for your sunroof argument, obviously the customer is charged an extra lakh but do you honestly think that is because it costed the manufacturer 90 thousand to add the sunroof? If you do, then how much do you think it costs a manufacturer to make the engine which has so many more intricate moving parts? Manufacturers charge you a lakh extra just to make profits, btw with a sunroof, electric seats, hydraulic bonnet, regenerative braking etc. all being offered to the customer for about a lakh more, don't you think it was far cheaper for the manufacturer to incorporate? Anyway I am just telling you basic facts of life. You will be surprised how cheap things are at the manufacturing end. Your ex-showroom prices are inclusive of taxes, marketing, labour, transport and dealer fee etc. anyway, if you don't want to believe me you need not.
Tata is not out at a vegetable market shopping for a sack of tomatoes, to make a deal like how you mentioned, and source parts from their suppliers. Nor is Tata an NGO to provide features at cost price to the end user.

I think this thread could really do without such rants and "facts of life" OEM procurement tips for a global giant like Tata. Expecting features from cars couple of segments above and that too offering them at "wholesale" price? It cannot get more ridiculous than this.

How about an equation, "planned price of car + additional feature = more than planned price of car = more people cribbing about the price"?
Please spare us and Tata, the business lessons.

Last edited by jayded : 27th July 2017 at 01:16.
jayded is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 06:23   #1424
Senior - BHPian

LOL. If Tata were to really have taken lessons from experience and feedback of better quality than some of what is here, they would have led the market and been in the black years ago! Many posters here don't have the memory of all the Tata car history.

The true test of the car will be sales numbers a year after it is launched. I don't expect this one to be a taxi market attraction, so that side road to volumes isn't available for the car.

It is illuminating, even entertaining, to see the extent of speculation on a car that is still to be seen in the flesh, let alone driven. But something similar is happening on the Compass thread. Again from many that don't know the entire Fiat history in India of the last 20 years.
Old 27th July 2017, 06:58   #1425
BHPian

Few senior BHPians are just bashing TATA for the sake of it. They are unnecessary taking the thread somewhere else by starting and replying to irrelevant topics, even when the original author has mentioned its OT and wouldn't like to discuss further.

We need to stick to topic, if you have relevant information on Nexon, TATA service, OR your own TATA car (from past 2-3 years) then please share it for the benefit of junior members like me.

Request mods to tell all to stick to Nexon. If you feel my concern is not worth mentioning then please delete post.

Thanks,

PK
pk_del is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks