Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 06:17   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
I agree with you. But for that extra capability on a trail drive or a drive to farm house might need a 4wd . There might be a segment of buyers who mostly use the car in city, need only 5 seater, but goes on occasional long drive and like to have a n adventurous detour from the highway even though not hardcore offroading. A 4wd would definitely boost my confidence while doing so. May be that segment is too tiny to entertain .
Since the 4WD will add a lac/lac and a half to the cost, Tata may not offer it even as an option since the price range will reflect that and may put many a buyer off.
But I do agree that there would be a section (tiny as you mentioned) that would welcome it. And since it would be a first in segment, could be exploited as a selling point.
Old 14th February 2017, 06:36   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
May be that segment is too tiny to entertain .
Absolutely! Just ask Renault what happened to the brilliant AWD variant. Besides, most modern monocoque front wheel drive vehicles with adequate ground clearance and torque can tread most paths that the owners might take off the road. And if its too demanding a track, one might hesitate even with an AWD. Not because the vehicle is not capable, but to save the vehicle from the torture off-road. There are many capable vehicles out there which hasn't left the tarmac ever. And I don't blame the owners, we pay through the nose for a vehicle here!

Moreover, AWD will mean bespoke suspension as well. It has to be tough and the rear will have to go independent to accommodate the drive-train components in a monocoque. And that is surely going to increase the sticker price of the Nexon. And then we will have those awkward questions from the prospective user base about the resale and service for a Tata!
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 07:59   #558
Senior - BHPian

I have traversed many off-road trails on a humble Indica. But I don't dare to do so with the Vista because of the bumper overhangs which reduce the approach and departure angles compared to the older generation.

With the increase in ground clearance and wide stance, the Nexon should be able to fare better than the hatchbacks. Unless, you are thinking of serious mud plugging.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 10:24   #559
Senior - BHPian

I spotted the Nexon test mule on my way to work this morning, at Bommanahalli signal on Hosur road. The Nexon was headed towards Hosur, I was waiting to turn right.

It looks very good, even with the camouflage cladding. The car sported TN37 (Coimbatore) trade certificate plates.

This is the only picture I could capture.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170216_092708553.jpg  

KiloAlpha is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 11:03   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Meanwhile, testing mules continue to be spotted at various parts of the country.

Motor Vikatan @ Bangalore:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-5.jpg

Kaustav Sen @ Lavasa:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg

Akshay Fatangare @ Pune:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2.jpg

Karthik R @ Pune:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3.jpg

Sanmaan @ Pune:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 11:09   #561
BHPian

Spotted the test mule today morning when commuting to office. I couldn't snap pictures but the car really looks like an Indica on stilts!
The ground clearance seems to be the highest in this category.
Old 21st February 2017, 15:29   #562
BHPian

This is a great effort by Tata and the proportions are just about right but they could have gone for a more bolder aggressive face especially the grille. From the front it looks like hatchback.
Old 22nd February 2017, 01:13   #563
BHPian

Unidentified camouflaged test mule spotted in Bangalore

Dear Bhpians,

Spotted this completely camouflaged car being tested on NICE road Bangalore today. It looks to be a 'cross' version as it has the bottom claddings and bigger wheels. The design language, the steel rims and the side mirrors makes me think it's a cross version of Tata Tiago or Ford Figo. The car looks bigger than a normal Tiago/Figo for sure. After the Tigor launch is Tata considering a Tiago cross?

I could not click the front pic as I spotted this car about 300 meters before I had to exit the NICE road.

Aravind
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170221_215601.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170221_215742.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170221_215657.jpg  

aravind511 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 01:17   #564
Team-BHP Support

Re: Unidentified camouflaged test mule spotted in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind511 View Post
Dear Bhpians,

Spotted this completely camouflaged car being tested on NICE road Bangalore today. It looks to be a 'cross' version as it has the bottom claddings and bigger wheels. The design language, the steel rims and the side mirrors makes me think it's a cross version of Tata Tiago or Ford Figo. The car looks bigger than a normal Tiago/Figo for sure. After the Tigor launch is Tata considering a Tiago cross?
You got Tata right for sure. IT's Tata's new compact crossover, Nexon. Have moved your post into the Nexon thread as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 01:25   #565
BHPian

Re: Unidentified camouflaged test mule spotted in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You got Tata right for sure. IT's Tata's new compact crossover, Nexon. Have moved your post into the Nexon thread as well.
Thanks Vid6639,

So it's a Tata. They have started to rope in some good talent in their design department for sure.

I am not sure if we can call it a SUV even if we prefix the word 'compact'. If yes, i think we should start calling the S-Cross also the same.
Old 22nd February 2017, 08:33   #566
BHPian

Anyone knows the width of the car? From some of the pictures it looks like it has the same width as the Zest and the Bolt, and in others it looks wider.
Old 22nd February 2017, 15:16   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Anyone knows the width of the car? From some of the pictures it looks like it has the same width as the Zest and the Bolt, and in others it looks wider.
It looked wider than Zest and Bolt and had far better road presence too. It is comparable to S-Cross in dimensions I felt.
aravind511 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 15:25   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Width
Tata Nexon 1730 mm
Tata Zest 1706 mm
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 17:23   #569
BHPian

A friend of mine who knows someone in Tata Motors informed me that the launch of Nexon will happen around mid 2018

I somehow hope this proves to be wrong. Does anyone have some concrete info on launch date to negate this ?

I am planning to buy a diesel automatic around 10 lakh, and the options available now are Ameo, Zest, Dzire, TUV.

With no Brezza AMT in sight, Nexon was a great option in terms of design, engine and interiors.
Transporter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 18:06   #570
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
A friend of mine who knows someone in Tata Motors informed me that the launch of Nexon will happen around mid 2018
This might be true given the pace of launch of Tata. This year will spent on Tigor itself. For nexon they might start at the beginning of the year with media drive and then 2-3 months for some preparation. And deliveries happening in June/July. Who knows.

I was also looking forward for this. But given their current pace, I am running out of patience.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks