Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2017, 20:52   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Notice the size comparo with the Creta in front
Actually Photo Angle is at play here. I have seen the Nexon on Highways coming from Opposite direction. It is wide but isn't that big. If you compare Nexon & Creta, definitely the latter has much better presence though the Nexon's different Styling makes it look unique & bulbous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Creta is a little too far for a comparison. Cant say much unless we get them along side each other
Old 26th March 2017, 23:10   #677
BHPian

I am seriously considering the Nexon if Tata manages to offer it with AWD & Terrain Management System , would be a segment first . Can any expert in the forum confirm the IAB report that says the petrol engine will have 120 hp on tap ?
Old 28th March 2017, 19:18   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

The base variant of the Nexon has been snapped by an IAB reader during a testing run in low-light conditions in Maharashtra.

Among other things, we get a peek at the illuminated interiors and the speedo's dials.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonbasevariantfrontspottedtesting.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonbasevariantheadlampandbumperspottedtesting.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonbasevariantinteriorsspottedtesting.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonbasevariantinteriorspottedtesting.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonbasevariantrearspottedtesting.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 18:54   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

On the NH-1 expressway earlier today:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image4.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image3.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image5.jpg

Thanks to Parvez for sharing these.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 15:14   #680
BHPian

After TIGOR launch, I am eagerly waiting for launch of Nexon before festive season. It will be interesting to see whether TATA place it above TIGOR or create altogether new price segment. Like to know speculative prices for Nexon both petrol and diesel versions.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd April 2017 at 15:25. Reason: Corrected typos & punctuation
dbaapps is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd April 2017, 22:04   #681
BHPian

It will most definitely be priced above zest , definitely compared to ford ecosport category
Old 4th April 2017, 10:52   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaapps View Post
After TIGOR launch, I am eagerly waiting for launch of Nexon before festive season. It will be interesting to see whether TATA place it above TIGOR or create altogether new price segment. Like to know speculative prices for Nexon both petrol and diesel versions.
Well this wish of yours would definetly come true

From the earlier reports i have read on various auto websites the likely launch price will be in the range of 6.5 lakhs to 10.5 lakhs (ex showroom)

It certainly will be placed above the Tigor as it is a mini SUV and will have more powerful engines and much better features compared to Tigor
Old 4th April 2017, 11:08   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
I am seriously considering the Nexon if Tata manages to offer it with AWD & Terrain Management System
It will not have all wheel drive. The Vista platform on which the Nexon is based does not have enough room at the back to accomodate a rear differential nor the centre tunnel is deep enough to house the rear propshaft.

Nexon - 2 , projected launch in 2022 maybe package protected for AWD as it will be based on Tata's new modular platform.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 14:13   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaapps View Post
It will be interesting to see whether TATA place it above TIGOR or create altogether new price segment. Like to know speculative prices for Nexon both petrol and diesel versions.
Will definitely be placed above TIGOR and should be. As per the information floating around and from what has been witnessed so far in the Auto-Expos its definitely above TIGOR engine-wise(as per the rumors), space-wise, feature-wise and will have a better road presence.

Its rivals Ecosport and Brezza start from 7L+ ex-showroom Delhi and by festive season(the speculated launch time) these might have crossed 7.3L. But then this being a TATA, people would expect everything better than them and still the pricing to be atleast 1L less like the trend seen during HEXA and TIGOR launch

However I would guess something around 6.5-6.7 starting for petrol and diesel around ~7L as per the speculations floating around.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 15:18   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
It will not have all wheel drive. The Vista platform on which the Nexon is based does not have enough room at the back to accomodate a rear differential nor the centre tunnel is deep enough to house the rear propshaft.

Nexon - 2 , projected launch in 2022 maybe package protected for AWD as it will be based on Tata's new modular platform.
And there goes my hope of owning the Nexon , thanks for your input though .
Old 4th April 2017, 19:56   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
And there goes my hope of owning the Nexon , thanks for your input though .
Curious to know which other car would you buy in that price bracket ! Do keep us posted.
Old 4th April 2017, 20:11   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Confirmed from my birdies - the Nexon will enter mass production at Tata's Sanand facility in Gujarat very soon.

Tata's Nexon development team apparently visited the plant last week and were suitably impressed with the Quality Control in the vehicles rolling out of Sanand's assembly lines.

Launch is still chalked up for September 2017, just before Dusshera season.
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 23:59   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Curious to know which other car would you buy in that price bracket ! Do keep us posted.
Without the Nexon in contention it might be the 1.5L VTEC version of the WRV or the diesel Creta SX(O) . If the experts at team-bhp provide a positive review of the Jeep Compass , I might be even tempted to buy the trailhawk edition too but that's still far fetched .

Last edited by drift2race : 5th April 2017 at 00:00.
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 00:32   #689
BHPian

Creta is clearly a segment (or 2 if you consider Duster/Terrano AWDs) above Nexon. Compass will be even more expensive. No harm in wishing for AWD/4WD when you pay that kind of money. Nexon would be an entry level pseudo SUV aimed to compete with Brezza and Ecosport. People are very price sensitive in this price bracket. So Tata would not even want to think about AWD and Terrain response in Nexon.
Even if they try, the current platform will not allow an AWD configuration.

By the way, wish you good luck with all my heart. May you buy a Trailhawk Edition. That would be one awesome vehicle to own.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 5th April 2017 at 00:36.
DieselAddikt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 01:05   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Creta is clearly a segment (or 2 if you consider Duster/Terrano AWDs) above Nexon. Compass will be even more expensive. No harm in wishing for AWD/4WD when you pay that kind of money. Nexon would be an entry level pseudo SUV aimed to compete with Brezza and Ecosport. People are very price sensitive in this price bracket. So Tata would not even want to think about AWD and Terrain response in Nexon.
Even if they try, the current platform will not allow an AWD configuration.

By the way, wish you good luck with all my heart. May you buy a Trailhawk Edition. That would be one awesome vehicle to own.
This is again a bit off-topic , please bear with me . My primary concern with buying a car is safety & Creta SX(O) fits the bill with 6 airbags , ABS , ESP & many other safety features but it lacks disc brakes all around & AWD which i feel is necessary to get out of tricky situations . 4WD isn't a priority for me because i doubt i will ever do hardcore off-roading in my car & I don't even have the time to do it .

Nexon is an entry level pseudo SUV & if its priced right it will surely end up bringing the required numbers for Tata Motors . I might end up buying a Pseudo SUV too for my wife but again , safety is a priority & no vehicle except the Ecosport fits the bill here as I am one hundred percent sure Tata motors wont put all the safety features that ford has put in their vehicle (entry level pseudo SUV).

Last edited by drift2race : 5th April 2017 at 01:06. Reason: DieselAddikt lives in USA & I live in India
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks