Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2017, 13:44   #721
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Thanks RavenAvi. It is always a shock for me to see the Diesel engine as 1.3L multijet anywhere as I have been waiting for Nexon for more than a year now and still clamly waiting for the year end, mainly for the new 1.5L Revotorque engine only.
And I have been waiting, too, for over a year for Nexon with diesel and AMT combo. Dishearetened to hear that AMT will follow MUCH LATER. Already car is waaay behind schedule. And now it means anyone wanting to buy a diesel AMT would have to wait till mid-2018 to end 2018. That is too long a wait, no matter how good a car is. Just hoping that they would launch AMT along with MT on launch day.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 14:33   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,

Here are the first un-camouflaged, undisguised pics of the production-ready Nexon, caught on a testing run.

Credit for these snaps goes to my good friend DJ.

Am I only one, or there are other who have seen similar rear in some other cars. I was driving in Dubai when I saw MGGS, and at once I think I was looking at a larger Nexon in it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-mggs_rear.png  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd April 2017 at 12:19. Reason: Nixon > Nexon
Old 18th April 2017, 15:23   #723
BHPian

2 weeks back I spotted this camouflaged Nexon on Hosoor Road, Banagalore.

Similar to the post mentioned in JEEP COMPAS thread, I spotted this small silhouette of animals on the rear windshield. Any opinion on what does this point to? Has anyone else spotted this elsewhere on the Nexon?

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170311wa0013.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170311wa0012.jpg

Last edited by redbaron91 : 18th April 2017 at 15:28.
redbaron91 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 16:00   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
And I have been waiting, too, for over a year for Nexon with diesel and AMT combo. Dishearetened to hear that AMT will follow MUCH LATER. Already car is waaay behind schedule. And now it means anyone wanting to buy a diesel AMT would have to wait till mid-2018 to end 2018. That is too long a wait, no matter how good a car is. Just hoping that they would launch AMT along with MT on launch day.
You echoed exact my thoughts. I'm hoping that AMT will be available right from the launch. Automatic is must for me. Fingers crossed.
Old 18th April 2017, 22:09   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,

Here are the first un-camouflaged, undisguised pics of the production-ready Nexon, caught on a testing run.

Credit for these snaps goes to my good friend DJ.
If we look at the first picture closely, the door handle does have a request sensor on it if I'm not mistaked, which is contradictory to earlier pictures that were posted on this thread which did not have request sensors. So that is again a positive.

If they manage to replicate the Hexa's ride quality in the Nexon, that would be some package.

Anyhow this will be my next car , just waiting for it's launch now. But I don't think I can wait more than the festive season.
Old 18th April 2017, 22:31   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
If we look at the first picture closely, the door handle does have a request sensor on it if I'm not mistaked, which is contradictory to earlier pictures that were posted on this thread which did not have request sensors. So that is again a positive.

If they manage to replicate the Hexa's ride quality in the Nexon, that would be some package.

Anyhow this will be my next car , just waiting for it's launch now. But I don't think I can wait more than the festive season.
Please also tell me in the same breath that you can also see the AMT lever. That will be heaven-sent. This car fits my needs to a T. Ok, it's a T (Tata), too. Pun intended. Haha... It will be a perfect town car with occasional highway runs. Compact, diesel, mini-SUV, AMT (hoping), around 10 L mark. Just what the doctor ordered.
Old 19th April 2017, 13:49   #727
BHPian

Well, the case is exactly same with me. Desperately waiting for the AMT Diesel combo of Nexon.
I also remember seeing pictures of the diesel AMT combo being tested on road and posted on this thread.
Is the delay in AMT launch a new twist in the tale or just speculation????
Old 19th April 2017, 14:14   #728
BHPian

I am really not sure why people are so excited about Nexon which is based on Zest which itself was based on Vista and it's a 10 year old platform. TML - Gives us something on a much more modern platform rather than offering something on a 10 year old platform!
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 14:37   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I am really not sure why people are so excited about Nexon which is based on Zest which itself was based on Vista and it's a 10 year old platform. TML - Gives us something on a much more modern platform rather than offering something on a 10 year old platform!
TML has accepted your request, they are coming up with new platforms which were displayed some months ago.
prasathlr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 17:26   #730
Senior - BHPian

Fresh spy shots and a video of top end variant Tata Nexon from Pune.

Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170419_112341385.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170419_112345327.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170419_112337777.jpg  

tushky is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 19:16   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Fresh spy shots and a video of top end variant Tata Nexon from Pune.
Thank you for video link.
Looks like Chandani Chowk area of Pune.
I have doubt, what could be the reason for rear wiper not being at its usual resting position but just halfway stuck?

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th April 2017 at 10:56. Reason: Removing video from quote to shorten it :)
Old 19th April 2017, 23:18   #732
BHPian

Last month i was traveling in my Outlander at night time on solapur-pune highway when i had an encounter with Nexon. The observations i made from that might be as follows:

1. Performance: I was cruising at 90-100kmph on the highway and this thing just passed me like some performance car would do; it might be doing close to 140-150 kmph at the time. I had a thought in mind for a brief moment to try and catch it to get a closer look for some more time but then i had to abort the plan considering the fact that my Outie would have given me close to 5 kmpl if driven in the same fashion.

2. Stability: Nexon looked extremely well planted at those speeds without any roll/pitch movements hinting at the impressive ride & handling set up it might come with.

3. Headlamps: Headlamps looked like that of some premium car in my rear view mirrors.

I hope it comes with the AT which is at least as good as the Duster's AMT which will make me buy it for sure. Torque converter/CVT/ Dual Clutch AT will be even better.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th April 2017 at 01:11. Reason: Please use the team-bhp emoticons only.
46TheDoctor is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:09   #733
BHPian

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1492832219.623509.jpg

Spotted one yesterday near the MIDC Bhosari area of PCMC. Pretty handsome in my opinion.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 10:13   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Please also tell me in the same breath that you can also see the AMT lever. That will be heaven-sent. This car fits my needs to a T. Ok, it's a T (Tata), too. Pun intended. Haha... It will be a perfect town car with occasional highway runs. Compact, diesel, mini-SUV, AMT (hoping), around 10 L mark. Just what the doctor ordered.
Haha ! I wish I had an ability to see through things But I think people are right here, if they have the technology, they should launch it straightaway, although I am not sure about the production capacity of Tata motors.

Maybe that could be one reason or another reason could be that they want to launch the AMT to prevent interest from waning in this product, although I hardly see that happening considering the looks and interiors of the car.

I live in Gurgaon, but I would never go the AMT way for a car which will be the most powerful in the segment in terms of both power and torque. Manuals certainly provide a connect, unless Tata offers a dual clutch, that will be the choice of transmission I'll go for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
3. Headlamps: Headlamps looked like that of some premium car in my rear view mirrors.
Were the headlights HIDs or regular Halogens? Like was it white light or the regular yellow light?

Last edited by akhil994 : 22nd April 2017 at 10:16. Reason: avoiding back to back posts
Old 22nd April 2017, 11:24   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Were the headlights HIDs or regular Halogens? Like was it white light or the regular yellow light?
Don't expect HIDs on the final prod-spec car. Their 2 mill Haxa makes do with Halogen projectors!! :(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks