Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2017, 19:41   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

A couple of spy videos of the Nexon test mules - one on the outskirts of Pune and the other on the winding roads of Himachal Pradesh.

RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 23:18   #752
BHPian

So The Nexon reportedly crashed head on with a sand loaded tractor. That's not something small.
http://siliguritimes.com/two-vehicle...a-one-injured/

Pics & discussion here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4199765

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th May 2017 at 10:45. Reason: Linking to post in Accidents in India thread :)
shravan2k2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 19:47   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted by an Youtube user on the roads leading to Darjeeling.

RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 11:43   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
That is a nice looking interior and looks smarter than the Brezza and the Creta. If Tata launch it at a great price (7-10 Lacs exshowroom), they have a winner on their hands. I only hope that they could ditch the front smiley face for something more modern - it has been hanging on for more than 17 years now since the Indica, it is high time that they went for some other frontal character face. They have plenty of options from JLR, why don't they pick up some smart grill & Front bumper designs from there! If you ask me, I would love to have a car with the face of the Range rover Evoque!!

Any good photoshop designers out there who can try a cross breed experiment of a Nexon with an Evoque face?
+1. The typical bean-shape design has been sticking around ever since their Indica was launched. Even Tiago has signs reminiscent of the typical all-rounded design. If Tata is willing to market it as a compact-SUV/crossver, it needs to take cues from Ford, Hyundai & even Maruti for that matter. All their compact-SUV offerings are lookers and offer some wow-factor for buyers willing to spend a little extra over premium hatchbacks.

It its current form, it looks more like an overgrown Tiago though interiors seem to generate some interest. Just my views..
torquehead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 23:19   #755
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm so excited about Tata Nexon and hope it will be a great vehicle. My cousin wanted to buy a new crossover kinda vehicle in around 10L and I have asked him to wait a bit more until Nexon is launched and after seeing the Geneva Auto show pics of Nexon now he can't buy Ecosport as he also has become an admirer of Nexon.
If Nexon comes with that 1.5l diesel then I guess it would be the first Tata to have an actual Turbo pull feel unless they also manage to make it 1500kgs too. Even the Hexa accelerates so linearly so people like me who love the turbo kick miss it a lot. But hope that the AMT variant would not hide the turbo kick.
Also I felt like the ice display is kinda odd looking like it looks a bit aftermarket have to see in person I guess and I'm eagerly waiting for it.
Old 31st May 2017, 12:16   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post
+1. The typical bean-shape design has been sticking around ever since their Indica was launched. Even Tiago has signs reminiscent of the typical all-rounded design. If Tata is willing to market it as a compact-SUV/crossver, it needs to take cues from Ford, Hyundai & even Maruti for that matter. All their compact-SUV offerings are lookers and offer some wow-factor for buyers willing to spend a little extra over premium hatchbacks.

It its current form, it looks more like an overgrown Tiago though interiors seem to generate some interest. Just my views..
But in pic just above, from broadside on, it looks huge and like a proper crossover. Not one bit like a hatchback. If this is called hatchback then all mini-SUVs should also be called hatcbacks.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 14:57   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead View Post

The Nexon doesn't seem to offer any WOW factor to you? Those interiors look much better than anything else in the segment, that floating ICE display is reminiscent of cars costing over 20 lakhs, and while I understand that looks are all down to personal preference, I feel that if this looks like a tame little hatchback to you even with its excellent proportions, what would the EcoSport look like? Ecosport would be like a jacked up WagonR then? Considering it is quite a narrow car If not the design, I feel you must concede that the proportions are spot on no?
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2017, 17:49   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
But in pic just above, from broadside on, it looks huge and like a proper crossover. Not one bit like a hatchback. If this is called hatchback then all mini-SUVs should also be called hatcbacks.
It's definitely a bigger car, so were Manza and Aria, but they all had irritatingly-rounded fronts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The Nexon doesn't seem to offer any WOW factor to you? Those interiors look much better than anything else in the segment, that floating ICE display is reminiscent of cars costing over 20 lakhs, and while I understand that looks are all down to personal preference, I feel that if this looks like a tame little hatchback to you even with its excellent proportions, what would the EcoSport look like? Ecosport would be like a jacked up WagonR then? Considering it is quite a narrow car If not the design, I feel you must concede that the proportions are spot on no?
Couldn't agree more on the interiors part. In fact, I may even say that they seem to be class-leading. But that's only after one may get inside the car. It's the front and bean-shape design that I don't like.

- Ecosport created some benchmarks for others to play the catch-up game.
- Hyundai took their praised-designs from Santa FE and Creta was born.
- Maruti created Brezza using Vitara

Tata knows how to make good designs as well - Safari(earlier version), Storme and now Hexa are excellent examples to prove it. They could have chosen one of these to create this Compact SUV instead of choosing their 'smiling-grill' platform. Added to that is the fact that they have access to one of the best R&D teams in JLR. We expect Tata to lead this class especially with their premium offerings. In fact they have pretty much done it as far as the interiors go, it's just some of the exterior bits that bother me.

It's all my personal opinion though, their sales-numbers will tell the real story
torquehead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 22:55   #759
BHPian

Recently I was on Himachal Trip with my friends, on return journey I noticed a Camouflaged vehicle in my RVM. It did not take me a second to realise that it was Nexon. I told my friend to click as many photographs as he can. Attaching here some of the best quality photos and a video (muted for obvious reasons ) that my friend managed to click.
One point which i would like to mention here is about suspension of Nexon, I was really impressed the way this beauty handled potholes(read craters), twists and turns on Himachal roads. I was finding it hard to keep up with this tiny vehicle in my truck as we were loaded with six passengers.
This is the second Testing vehicle I have encountered in less than a month's time, Mahindra Rakshak+ last month and now Tata Nexon. Dear Companies beware of my Hawk eye.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170604_123140.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170604_123441.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_9326.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_9341.jpg  

itsmb is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 11:10   #760
BHPian

After reading this thread and from my own observations, i am almost sure that Tata is going to nail it perfectly with the Nexon as far as product quality is concerned; but, my only concern and demand (to Tata, if you are reading this) is about being offered AMT at a price point of around Rs 9-10 Lakh on road for this vehicle. Tata, please give something better (cvt/dual clutch/ torque converter), as myself and many more wont be spending 10L on car having AMT. Even if the prices rise by Rs 1 lakh, please give us good gearbox on this promising looking car.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2017 at 11:20. Reason: pls > please. No SMS lingo please. Thanks! :)
46TheDoctor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 13:01   #761
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted on testing runs in Himachal Pradesh by a Rush Lane reader, who has also posted his own observations.

Quote:
I can tell the way the vehicle was responding and it overtakes me, I can say its a Diesel as it has the mid range punch which shows & i can sense that the torque is going to be really really good as Tata is known for that too. It must be a Tata’s new 1.5 litre Turbo engine which produce 105-110 bhp and torque will be around 230-250 Nm.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonreaderexperience1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonreaderexperience2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 15:51   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexon base variant spied,

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspiedtestingsharkfinantenna.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonspiedtestingsteelwheels.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th June 2017 at 15:58.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 13:22   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nexon base variant spied,
I wish they improve on the Air-con vent knobs, Their newer cars Zest, Bolt, Tiago, Tigor dont give the HVAC display near the knobs

This one from the Vista D90 was one of their better designs.

So instead of :-

We get a blank piano finish insert :-
Moto$apien is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 12:20   #764
BHPian

What is the dial for?
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

Old 14th June 2017, 12:25   #765
BHPian

Quote: