Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2017, 22:08   #961
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I can now confirm to all of you that the Tata Nexon will be unveiled in Kochi (Cochin), Kerala.
Some more info:

- Media drive commences from the beginning of next week, culminating in a blogger event for social media bloggers who have been invited from all around the country. (same as the Hexa media drive) This will continue till 31st July. (maybe stretch over till August first week for training of dealership principals and staff)

- Embargoes will be up till 27th July, after which we can expect to see a barrage of first drive review reports on the Nexon from various auto websites/publications.

- Official bookings will commence from the first week of August, while Nexon displays and experience centers have been planned in various cities around the country.

- Prices will be disclosed by the last week of August. Cars will start reaching dealerships one week prior to this.

- Deliveries will commence from the first week of September onwards.
RavenAvi is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 22:32   #962
BHPian

OT - Put these impressive engines in the Tiago/Tigor twins, retune the suspension, some cosmetic changes & we have the sport versions ala the Figo twins
Old 17th July 2017, 23:47   #963
BHPian

Sorry to be a bit pragmatic, but the last turbo petrol from TATA, the 1.2 T Revotron has all the right specs on paper, but is just about an above average engine at the best. Just like all turbo petrols, it is very sensitive to driving styles and will return bad FE if not driven with care. It sure has amazing driveability though. And we all know how much the Bolt/Zest sold. Just wanted to say that yes the specs look good, but they hardly tell even half the story.
And TATA cars need to go on a diet. They neednt be as fragile as the new gen Japs, but some weight shedding will definitely help. Now since the Nexon is based on the Bolt/Zest platform which are no lightweights themselves, I'm worried the FE of petrol motor might be underwhelming. We cant possibly have issues with how the new gen TATA cars age. Zest/Bolt/Tiago are all solid cars that seem to have aged well.
Old 18th July 2017, 06:55   #964
BHPian

The diesel engine specs sure look good but with a span of three years before diesel engines either die off or become a whopping 1-2 lacs more expensive due to CAFE and BS VI, I just wish that TATA plonks this motor into multiple cars to make hay while the sun shines.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 08:05   #965
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
They need to do way better than the Tiago for sure, which was their recent attempt at a 3 cylinder. But the Nexon being a bigger car with lot more margins as well physical space available for insulations, it could turn out to be acceptable indeed.

Either ways, the prime attraction will surely be the diesel motor, provided the refinement is acceptable.

TATA cars are usually heavier than the competition. And from the looks of it, the build quality looks to be good here in the Nexon. So it may not be as fast. Probably between 12-13 seconds to the 100.

Doesn't need to be sub 10 sec to be fun as well. The much praised 1.6 SCross takes a lot more time to reach the 100 mark. What matters is the way the engine is tuned to deliver all that available power and torque.
The Nexon wouldn't be too heavy as compared to the Zest. So around 10 sec with 110 bhp and 260 Na is a real possibility. Especially considering that peak torque start at 1750 rpm and peak power is at 3750 rpm. That is a wide band. I am hopeful!

Last edited by srh : 18th July 2017 at 08:07. Reason: Additional comment
Old 18th July 2017, 09:17   #966
Senior - BHPian

A friend working for TML Pune indicated that both 5th and 6th gears are overdrive with 100 kmph @ Diesel will be just below 1800 rpm while for petrol it will be @ 2000 rpm.

Thus the machines will be in their power band / max torque zone while at cruising speeds of 100 kmph. In diesel, the turbo starts spooling right at 1200+ rpm resulting in availability of required power for in-city driving comforts.

Again, the diesel will be fun to drive, whereas petrol would also be meeting expectations of buyers. The pricing will be very much in-line with how recent lunches have been done, it will be on aggressive side as a lot of ground needs to be covered since the time this segment has opened up with launch of EcoSport (2013)

The vendors are all geared up for supplies as TML is looking at about 3500+ copies every month as stable volume (somewhere close to EcoSport numbers)

Last edited by i74js : 18th July 2017 at 09:18.
i74js is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 09:41   #967
BHPian

Any confirmation or information on getting 6 airbags for Nexon? Would be really good if we get atleast for top end. Excellent build quality with 6 airbags equates to unmatched safety.
Old 18th July 2017, 10:42   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

A test mule spotted early in the morning today in Pune by my good friend Autospy had different alloys shod on it.

Look closely - these look quite similar to the Tigor petrol's alloys.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image2.jpg

According to him, the test mule seemed like a base variant and the tyres seemed like 15-inchers and narrower than the ones which were seen on earlier test mules.

Maybe Tata might go the Tigor way for the Nexon - different alloys for different fuel types - or this could be the AMT version, which might come with a separate alloy design.

BTW - the Nexon media drive experience, commencing from the last week of July and extending till the first week of August, will be called the Nexon Drive Fest.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th July 2017 at 10:52. Reason: added last line.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 11:11   #969
BHPian

Is Nexon Drive Fest only for media people or can anyone interested can participate? Does that work by getting invited by TML or can we go directly with some registration or something like that. Sorry I have not participated in such things so I don't have any idea about that and neither I am a media person by anyway.
Old 18th July 2017, 11:14   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Is Nexon Drive Fest only for media people or can anyone interested can participate?
Media drives are, like the name, for the media. I guess they'll have a separate event for public - you register when they announce it, and then go for the event.
Old 18th July 2017, 12:22   #971
Senior - BHPian

It is very exciting to see how quick things are moving with respect to Nexon! I will be following this thread regularly as it looks like a very good product. Tata have done well by advancing the launch from festive season to August. That way, they can get some time on their hands to iron out capacity issues & fine tune production by the time the festive season sets in. I hope this time they get their projections for variant breakup right and avoid high waiting periods for a particular variant due to wrong demand projections. Getting supply chain sorted is of utmost importance. Tiago like situation of demand-supply gap should be avoided at any cost.

Another important thing is to get the marketing right. Advertisements should be impactful & a cohesive marketing campaign needs to be run. From Tiago, Tigor, Hexa & Nexon, Nexon is probably the most exciting product in a segment that is seeing a lot of popularity. They should leverage it to the maximum extent. I see Nexon as the product that has most potential to redeem Tata's image.

Lastly, logistics should be spot on. This includes:
  1. Minimal time gap between launch and customer deliveries
  2. Availability of TD vehicles at showrooms immediately after launch
  3. Availability of media drive vehicles

I really want Nexon to succeed. Wishing all the very best to Tata with their latest product
AkMar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 12:27   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe Tata might go the Tigor way for the Nexon - different alloys for different fuel types - or this could be the AMT version, which might come with a separate alloy design.

[/left]
[/center]
Considering the delay refreshed Ecosport seems to be facing for Indian launch, I would totally go for this if Nexon comes out with an Automatic.

RavenAvi, any solid info about AMT's on launch yet?
Old 18th July 2017, 12:54   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...TA6300 synchromesh with overdrive...

That is the best news I have heard in a long while. Tata's passenger Cars powered by the indica block & its derivatives (1.4 CR4, 1.2 Revotron) had been bottlenecked by the aging TA65 gearbox and its power/torque handling limits, with tata downsizing the engines for the tiago & tigor, and using the MJD in the bolt and zest. Tata has had a decent amount of time to fine tune the CR4/Dicor engine, and a lot of fingers had pointed to its delphi common rail fuel system which was considered inferior to the bosch CRDI. Good to see tata has adopted bosch here, and hopefully we'll get a robust and reliable engine, and without any bottlenecks. This is what the Indica/Indigo Dicor could have been 10 years ago, if tata had not been constrained by its then choices!

Regardless, the past is past, and I am happy that Tata has a class leading diesel engine to replace the national engine, and I look forward to a Bolt/zest sport version a few years down the line, with all the bugs caught and ironed out by tata's volunteer QA team
greenhorn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 20:24   #974
BHPian

So much of developments, happy to know that the launch is getting shape quite quickly and all the best for Tata for putting their soul into making this product with brilliant specs all around. Let's hope this will turn into a blockbuster.

Mayank Pareek has also added this in the official statement - The new engines will be light in weight and low on friction, delivering high performance and fuel economy. So they finally become conscious of the weight factor. Can we also expect some changes to lighten the kerb weight? While I will appreciate if the Car is bit more on lean diet than the standard build of Tata Cars, I don't wish this to be a feather-light build like the Japanese.

And it is disappointing that there is no specific mention of automatic transmission. I hope Tata understands the need of the hour and be prudent in ensuring that the Car is embellished with all belts and whistles without any miss.
Old 18th July 2017, 20:33   #975
Team-BHP Support

Safe to assume a 6 - 7.5L ex showroom price for the petrol and 7 - 8.5L pricing for the diesel?

Assuming only manual variants and the top version will have dual airbags only and no sunroof.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks