Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 10:09   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Parag, can you try get the specs of this AMT version ?
I think you both are talking about the 2 different models, the petrol and diesel models. The older petrol had a 4-speed AT while it's last refresh diesel (ZDi) model was launched with an AMT. The new DZire has an AMT diesel. The petrol AT was discontinued sometime in past if I am not wrong.

Edit: Just checked that the new Dzire has AMT in diesel as well as petrol models.

Last edited by ashis89 : 20th July 2017 at 10:19.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 11:21   #1022
BHPian

Some interesting and cool things about the Nexon that I observed based on the pics released by Autocar

1. Shark fin antenna
2. Boot opener has a request button like in the EcoSport
3. Rear AC vent
4. Tweeters in the front and rear doors
5. Arm rest for driver and rear seat
6. The cup holders have a sliding cover. (Land rover effect)
Pic courtesy: Autocar
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1500528259728.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1500529817520.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1500529846637.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1500529862860.jpg  

Jude300 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 11:37   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
How long are we really planning to bash tata in each and every thread? Is it so hard for a forum member who is an auto-enthusiast to overlook the efforts put in by an Indian manufacturer?
. Well said. The minute they hear Tata, bashing starts. Even before the car hits showrooms and even before anyone so much as takes it out for a spin. And they expect Tata to sell it for a song whereas some other brands can charge whatever they fancy but, hey, that's ok. No issue there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
To be honest, I have only 2 main gripes against AMT:

1. Hill hold - This is more critical. What's the point in paying a premium for an automatic car, if it expects you use manual mode (or) foot jugglery to avoid rollback and climb inclines.
2. Creep functionality - This is already doing duty in Maruti's AMT cars. So it is not a far fetched expectation.

If these can be addressed, I don't see much to complain on the AMT.
I agree with Creep functionality. But I guess it's there in some AMTs. As for hill rollback, do MT cars have anti-rollback? No one said AMT is better than traditional AT. It's against MT that most AMT buyers weigh it. It caters to those looking for clutch-free, shift-free driving for mostly inner-city use at marginal MT price plus. Those seeking adrenaline-rush look elsewhere.
pgsagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 11:41   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
To be honest, I have only 2 main gripes against AMT:

2. Creep functionality - This is already doing duty in Maruti's AMT cars. So it is not a far fetched expectation.

If these can be addressed, I don't see much to complain on the AMT.
Creep function is available even on Nano AMT
Old 20th July 2017, 11:58   #1025
BHPian

I just love the way the Tata Designers/ Engineers have done the center console. It runs high and all the way from the dashboard until the rear AC vents, thus acting like a wall between the driver and front passenger. At this supposed price bracket, I bet no car in India has this feature. The car simply looks very European from the inside because of this. Kudos to Tata especially for this
Maruti/Hyundai, are you listening?
vjkamal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 12:06   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
. Well said. The minute they hear Tata, bashing starts. Even before the car hits showrooms and even before anyone so much as takes it out for a spin. And they expect Tata to sell it for a song whereas some other brands can charge whatever they fancy but, hey, that's ok. No issue ..

. Those seeking adrenaline-rush look elsewhere.
Rightly said.

No one has seen the production version in flesh, leave alone drive.

With Tiger, a looker really, it is the 3 cylinder engine, never mind there were no comments on it by the owners. Reviewers' praise for the driveability is not taken into account.

Now, with Nexon it's AMT. Why not talk about rival's comparitively puny engine ?

With Zest it was looks and the alleged resemblance to Indica family. While it was a superior product at the time of the launch. Accent too was launched around the same time and it had a 3 cylinder one. If all boxes are ticked, then it is Tata service demon or reliability issue. I am not talking about earlier generation cars but the present day cars, from Zest onwards, niggles are as much or as little as competition . Trust me, service is as competent as the competition. And reliability ? Well, that's not an issue now.

Constructive criticism is good for every one. Bashing only sours everything. While every one has a right of opinion and choice, one need not indulge in infra dig attitude towards Tata and it's customers.

Last edited by simplyself : 20th July 2017 at 12:08.
simplyself is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 14:04   #1027
BHPian

Tata Motors tweets officially Tata Nexon Rolling out of Ranjangaon facility. Must assume production has began.

https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...52012914065408
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

amrutmhatre90 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 14:35   #1028
BHPian

Tyres look like a definite 205 or 215 section ones.
Old 20th July 2017, 14:41   #1029
BHPian

Wow! That's great news. I am on the hunt for my next car. Owning an EcoSport there was no other car in the segment that I could think of as a replacement to EcoSport. That's when my mind said that I should probably look for an upgrade. Then I was researching on the XUV and Hexa and almost zeroed in on the Hexa. But even after visiting the showroom in person twice in the last one month I am yet to do a test drive. Such is the customer service at Tata Concord motors, Guindy, Chennai. I gave up because I some how didn't quite fall in love with Hexa. Else, I would have ignored the poor service at the dealership and still gone ahead with the booking like I did when I got the EcoSport.
Now, Nexon excites me. But I am just hoping they don't disappoint me this time. Will I be replacing the EcoSport for the Nexon? Only time would tell. But from what I have been reading about it, it sure has lot to compete with the EcoSport.

Many here are divided between the brand image of Tata and the related stereotypical bashing. But the general public opinion is more inclined towards the bad image and that shows in the poor resale value of these cars. Keeping those aside, I personally feel that they have now started to get the products right and moving in the right direction. But there's a lot to do in the service and sales bit. If this can be managed, I believe the perceptions can change to the positive.

Being a team bhpian, I would discuss the case on the merits and not by perception.

Last edited by Jude300 : 20th July 2017 at 14:44.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 15:21   #1030
BHPian

We were looking at the Hexa. Now, we will wait for the Nexon. The Hexa is a gem- it rides better than a Passat and has more road presence than a Fortuner. However, since my parents would be using it most of the time, something of the Nexon's size would be the best fit. Later when I return to the country after a few years, we will go for something like the Hexa.
Seeing cars from so many manufacturers here, I cannot help admire how wonderfully Tata has evolved. Compared to Mahindra which just has 1 contemporary product in the XUV, Tata now has class defining products in every segment. And in Ahmedabad, the service is great.
Kudos Tata. You truly make us proud. From being a company that was written off by so many people, they set the benchmark in terms of design, quality and value.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 20th July 2017 at 15:22.
Nissan1180 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 15:21   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Tata Motors tweets officially Tata Nexon Rolling out of Ranjangaon facility. Must assume production has began.

https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...52012914065408
The tweet is deleted. Any idea why?
Old 20th July 2017, 15:22   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
When I bought the Tiago AMT, I told myself, well this is for the better half. I will just slot into manual and drive. But it frankly is not all that bad it's made out to be. For 'enthusiasts' - default mode should be sport! It's a hoot to let it rip in sports. So it's kind of a well balanced best (maybe not best, but most) of all worlds solution. Doesn't take a hit on FE, can give power when needed. Suits the sedate driver and can alter for the guy with the heavy foot.
Try the Tiago AMT once. And then try the Celerio AMT. Technology is one thing, implementation matters.
Ditto here.

Bought the Nano AMT for the Missus but for short distances and as a daily runabout I leave the Storme home and prefer the Nano. With the Sport mode, it is a hoot to drive and I can always park my candy red Nano where 'no man has parked before'!

I anticipate I am going to hold on to the Nano for a very long time . . . well past my retirement (2 decades away) until it becomes a coveted classic!
Old 20th July 2017, 15:33   #1033
BHPian

It seems they goofed up in the announcement on twitter handler. Earlier it said "The fourth in the new generation of cars under IMPACT design philosophy – the Tata Nexon is ready to roll out of the Ranjangaon facility!"

Now it says, "The fourth in the new generation of cars under IMPACT design philosophy – the Tata Nexon rolls out of the Ranjangaon facility!"

https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...74230922579968

I guess Tata's twitter team is confused between - has the production began or is going to begin
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 20th July 2017 at 15:35.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 15:41   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
We were looking at the Hexa. Now, we will wait for the Nexon. The Hexa is a gem- it rides better than a Passat .
Even the Manza rides better than a Passat, has better AC and better rear leg room.

FYI, I owned a succession of Passats and still love it! On the subject of Hexa's ride, one of India's foremost auto journos told me privately that if you want a ride better than Hexa in India, the price tag is Rs. 1 Crore!
Ferruccio is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th July 2017, 15:41   #1035
BHPian

The photos does not do any justice to how it looks in person (even with all the camouflages). This one is going to win over the hearts of public and going to be a success for TATA just like Tiago. Congratulations to all those who are waiting to buy it, you would absolutely fall in love with it.
jaganpec2002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks