Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:51   #1096
BHPian

Wanted to see how the Nexon would look in the what seems to be the most popular these days and the result is very good indeed. I think the ceramic looks much better in white on a darker shade car than the other way around.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1500704449218.jpg  

prakash_ajp is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 11:57   #1097
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I am yet to see a Nexon in some of the most popular colors in India, aka white, silver etc.
Page 47 of this thread - a Team-BHP exclusive:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image2w.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:51   #1098
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Page 47 of this thread - a Team-BHP exclusive:

The tail light units seem to be having two designs. This (below) was one I noticed in some pictures with half red, and some other pictures are having a full white type pictured above.

IMO, the below one looks better. Hope they stick to it.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170721_102837.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 14:54   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest spyshots, including a clear interior shot, courtesy an IAB reader.

Quote:
The spy shots provide perhaps the clearest look yet at the production Nexon’s interior.
Projector headlights, 16-inch alloy wheels, LED tail lights and roof rails are among the Tata Nexon’s exterior highlights.
On the inside, the mini-SUV would get engine start-stop button, automatic climate control, rear AC vents, adjustable rear headrests and infotainment system with 6.5-inch floating display, navigation and voice command.
Dual airbags, rear parking sensors, reverse parking sensors, ABS, EBD and CSC should form the safety and driver assistance features.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonfrontthreequarterskarnatakaspyshot.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexoninteriorkarnatakaspyshot.jpg

Notice the absence of cruise control buttons on the steering wheel?

What say now, Motoroids?

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd July 2017 at 14:56. Reason: added quoted part.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 15:08   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Wanted to see how the Nexon would look in the what seems to be the most popular these days
You can see them all (except white) in Geneva edition promo. The colour rendering starts around 0:30. Should give a fair idea.

narayans80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:11   #1101
BHPian

In such a neat interior scheme, the floating infotainment display is an eyesore and very poorly integrated, something like the EcoSport facelift. Not a deal breaker but takes away from perfection.
The Ignis integration while unimpressive, is still better.
But yes, if the display is a foldable type one, then it will be real cool.
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:58   #1102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
In such a neat interior scheme, the floating infotainment display is an eyesore and very poorly integrated,
This trend is directly lifted from the premium German brands, although most of them have retractable screens. Expect similar designs to trickle down to other cars as well soon.

In a market like ours where touchscreen HU has become a must-have feature, I think Nexon interior with the highlighted HU (Not to mention the music system) will be one of its highlights.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd July 2017 at 18:06.
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:18   #1103

Is it just me or is a 6.5" AVN screen a little on the smaller side?
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:29   #1104
BHPian

Did somebody notice what seems to be shiny hard plastic on top of the dashboard? The one on top of AC vents; it doesn't really exude class and seems to be quite poorly built?
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:37   #1105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahushrc View Post
Is it just me or is a 6.5" AVN screen a little on the smaller side?
Only half a size smaller than the 7 inch Smartplay system on the Brezza and the 7 Inch Digipad of the WRV. Even Creta gets a 7 inch screen only.

Not a deal breaker considering the better sound system it should be equipped with, if the Tiago / Tigor experience is anything to go by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Did somebody notice what seems to be shiny hard plastic on top of the dashboard? The one on top of AC vents; it doesn't really exude class and seems to be quite poorly built?
That is quite typical of test mules across brands, even the luxury ones. Most of the initial plastics will be devoid of any texture which makes it look shiny and cheap.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:42   #1106
Distinguished - BHPian

I have my eyes on the Nexon right from Auto Expo 2016. That was the first time saw the car in flesh and i liked it. May be i would have liked a bigger tail lamp!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-12670292_1009065102498716_1034206238607392303_n.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-12670598_1009064342498792_6764563017234127901_n.jpg

Tata has come up a long way and that's obviously in a positive way. From Indica/Indigo to Indica vista/ Manza to Bolt/Zest on each of their new releases it was better than their last one. Their new entrant the Tiago has one of the best interiors and i feel it to be the most value for money car in its segment. There are no reasons we should have a doubt on the Nexon. I have met Ecosport / Brezza owners complaining about small niggles in their cars too but when the problem comes from a Tata car we bash the product more than it deserves. One cannot find a single TATA car built with light sheet metal or put together in a flimsy way. All TATA cars are always well built. I feel proud Tata being an Indian company has reached this far and making cars which can easily be compared with the more established brands.

In the beginning i expected Tata to plonk the Fiat multijet Diesel Engine in the Nexon but instead they chose to put their own engine. That will definitely help Tata to keep the cost down, plus Tata's own diesel engines were never bad. The Cr4 engine in the Indica/ Indigo or Sumo earned a lot of money to the cabbies. The figures of this diesel engine is quite good with a class leading 260nm torque in its segment. I have heard news of NEXON being tested heavily around different parts of India before the launch. Hope that will help them to release the car niggle free.

Regarding the Petrol engine i do not have much hope with it, as am not a fan of 3 cylinder engines! Though there are class leading 3 cylinder engines like the Boosterjet or the Ecoboost.

I sincerely hope TATA brings an AWD version of the Nexon diesel in the near future.

The benefits-

1) Short wheel base, as its a sub 4 meter and that's backed up by a decent 200mm GC. Am sure if a AWD version is launched TATA can tweak the GC to a higher 205/210mm.

2) 260nm Torque is more than what Duster AWD offers!

3) Lastly it can be priced within 12L on road ! So it can be the most value for money and a very capable AWD one can buy.

I sincerely hope Nexon will turn TATA's image in a more positive way and it will be a hit in the market.
Waiting eagerly for the Team Bhp review.

Last edited by Samba : 22nd July 2017 at 18:59.
Samba is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:54   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 I have observed the same in all interior spy shots. It looks like hard plastic and no need to touch and confirm. These are common in prototypes, but here the vehicle looks close to production.

Top dashboard design was different in Auto Expo version - It had textured soft plastic and different design. But Geneva version design looks close to the final version (it looks good). Hope to see quality plastic in the final production version.

picture source: screen shots from motoroids, autocar videos.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon1.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:03   #1108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I sincerely hope TATA brings an AWD version of the Nexon diesel in the near future.
I remember an earlier discussion where this was denied with a confirmation. Can't find the source now. The reason given was that Nexon is based on the Vista platform, same as Zest and Bolt.

This platform doesn't have room at the rear to accommodate the rear differential, nor can the center tunnel accomodate the propeller shaft.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:30   #1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Only half a size smaller than the 7 inch Smartplay system on the Brezza and the 7 Inch Digipad of the WRV. Even Creta gets a 7 inch screen only.

Not a deal breaker considering the better sound system it should be equipped with, if the Tiago / Tigor experience is anything to go by.
I can most definitely vouch for the Harman sound system on the Tiago and the Tigor, I believe it'll only get better.

But, in my experience the 5" touch screen on the Tigor makes you squint and take your eyes off the road for longer than necessary. Hence, my concern. Let's hope the 0.5" doesn't make much of a difference in the Nexon.
Old 22nd July 2017, 20:20   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it does look different and certainly not class. But then these days, you can't buy class for 7L (my guess for the starting price), can you. And I would wait till I see it in a showroom or see the review here in this forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks