Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 12:08   #1186
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I am wondering if the base variant will come at a mouth watering price but with possibly the 1.3 Multijet and higher variants getting the 1.5L Diesel unit ?
I think 1.3 MJD has had its time under the Tata hood. They are clearly revving away from it since Tiago, and later with Tigor and now Nexon. The official announcement doesn't say anything about a lower state of tune or a different engine.

Infact I wouldn't be surprised to see a 'facelifted' Zest in 2018 with the Revotorq 1.5 plonked. The tune might be lower than the Nexon. It would also help in recovering the development costs they spent on this engine. Not 100% sure if they would do the same with the Bolt.

With the media drives starting today, we should see juicy details on the Nexon starting to trickle in slowly
Old 25th July 2017, 12:09   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Guys, looks like Nexon is indeed being launched with an AMT option.
Please take any info you receive from these click-bait auto journos with a pinch of salt right now unless, of course Tata releases this info in one of their press releases. And knowing how important this info is, they would have themselves advertised it by now along with the details of the engines.
Old 25th July 2017, 12:35   #1188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
"Tata has ditched the Fiat-sourced 1.3 Multijet diesel and has instead developed an all-new four-cylinder 110hp,1.5-litre Revotorq diesel engine, which is essentially a scaled-up version of the 1.05-litre engine used in the Tiago. For the petrol Nexon, Tata makes use of a turbocharged version of the 110hp, 170Nm 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine, currently present in the Tiago.
Missed the fact that the petrol is same as Tiago petrol, but with a turbocharger. Fingers crossed since the Tiago petrol is pretty bad in terms of NVH. It's almost diesel like! Fingers crossed for this one.

The three cylinder diesel in the Tiago is better in comparison, just that it was interviewed. With the added cylinder and 110hp tune, this should be the motor to watch our for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Infact I wouldn't be surprised to see a 'facelifted' Zest in 2018 with the Revotorq 1.5 plonked.
Zest and Bolt itself were aging facelifts of the Vista platform. Both were just stop-gap products like the actual HorizonNext products came along.

They should focus on new generation products like the upcoming B+ segment hatchback instead.
Old 25th July 2017, 12:47   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Missed the fact that the petrol is same as Tiago petrol, but with a turbocharger. Fingers crossed since the Tiago petrol is pretty bad in terms of NVH. It's almost diesel like! Fingers crossed for this one.
When Tigor came out with the same petrol engine from Tiago, Tata added a "Balancer Shaft" which somewhat minimized the NVH but its still present.

Quote from the Team-Bhp Official Tigor review " Tata has added a balancer shaft to the Tigor's petrol engine (Tiago should also get it!!) and the vibrations have noticeably reduced (although they are still there).A balancer shaft basically helps in eliminating those typical 3-cylinder engine vibrations up to a certain level. Quite a few engines in the Indian market are now adopting balancer shafts for refinement "

Surely this balancer shaft will be present in the Nexon, lets hope Tata's have gone a bit up the notch to reduce the NVH further in Nexon.

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 25th July 2017 at 12:51.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 13:05   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zest and Bolt itself were aging facelifts of the Vista platform. Both were just stop-gap products like the actual HorizonNext products came along.
I don't see a Tata B+ hatchback/C- sedan for another 2 years atleast, and it might even border BS6 when diesels are slated to be more expensive. Their upcoming release is the Q501 whose mules we might see post Nexon launch.

They have to recover the investment done on the new diesel engine for the Nexon. What better way, than plonking it on the existing C- sedan in market.
Old 25th July 2017, 13:20   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't see a Tata B+ hatchback/C- sedan for another 2 years atleast, and it might even border BS6 when diesels are slated to be more expensive. Their upcoming release is the Q501 whose mules we might see post Nexon launch.

They have to recover the investment done on the new diesel engine for the Nexon. What better way, than plonking it on the existing C- sedan in market.
It is rumoured that Tata is already working on a hatchback and a sedan above the Tiago and Tigor and the launch could happen next year. Details have been very sketchy and there were some comments about it here on Team-BHP. I guess these are replacements for the Bolt and Zest. Looks like a closely-guarded secret.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 13:41   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The three cylinder diesel in the Tiago is better in comparison, just that it was interviewed. With the added cylinder and 110hp tune, this should be the motor to watch our for.
The 4 cylinder Revotron is a very tractable engine ( although doesn't rev freely to higher rpms like a Honda ). It builds up speed very nicely and in sports mode, is a delight to drive. Even on eco mode ( which I used it extensively ) in the Bolt in the 80 odd BHP state of tune, it used to build up speed briskly on highways and maintain high 3 digit speeds. Also I never found it noisy at all. Tata, for long, has been using good sound deadening material even in its petrol cars - maybe for that reason I guess.

With more BHP and torque ( assuming with a larger Turbo charger ) - the Nexon engine should be quite good as well. But lets be measured on FE expectation. FE should be on par with the Hyundais but not the Marutis/Hondas for sure.

Last edited by narayan : 25th July 2017 at 13:43.
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:05   #1193
BHPian

Build quality like VW
driveability like a ford
features like a hyundai
after sales service like a toyota at the price of a maruti
fuel efficiency like a maruti
power like a GT
size like a creta but priced like a KUV

And no Tata badging please. they are no mahindra who can sell a tin box (TUV) or a bucktooth (XUV) at ease.

P. S. this is just an attempted (bad) satire, no offence to anyone intended.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:07   #1194
BHPian

Now that the Nexon kochi media drive started, I am not sure why nothing is surfacing anywhere about it. I had been refreshing the pages in this thread and on Twitter and Google since morning just to be disappointed on not seeing anything potential about the event yet. I guess we need to be calm for couple of days.
Old 25th July 2017, 14:20   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Infact I wouldn't be surprised to see a 'facelifted' Zest in 2018 with the Revotorq 1.5 plonked. The tune might be lower than the Nexon. It would also help in recovering the development costs they spent on this engine. Not 100% sure if they would do the same with the Bolt.
Somehow I feel that we may not see any Zest or Bolt in future. I could see ads of Bolt and Zest for taxi owners in local newspapers. So probably they refocusing (as they should) on platforms like Tiago, Tigo, Nexon, Hexa etc

Quote:
TaMo along with RaceMo had a hatchback named C-Cube, so someones actually on building some global hatchback .

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatatamoccube1.jpg
This Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
It is rumoured that Tata is already working on a hatchback and a sedan above the Tiago and Tigor and the launch could happen next year. Details have been very sketchy and there were some comments about it here on Team-BHP. I guess these are replacements for the Bolt and Zest. Looks like a closely-guarded secret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Now that the Nexon kochi media drive started,
Wow ! Great News
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:51   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Thank you details gentlemen My measure of a Tata's upcoming launch off late has been with the frequency of their test mule spotting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Now that the Nexon kochi media drive started, I am not sure why nothing is surfacing anywhere about it.
I remember RavenAvi mentioning about embargoes until 27th July. So we might see the first details trickling in only later this week. All I see so far is the event photographs.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:52   #1197
Distinguished - BHPian

First glimpse!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfkgpz0voaaxgg9.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfkfugbvwaesdd6.jpg
(Source)

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfkhfrbuiaah4so.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfkhgb6uwaaypdq.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfkhhbwuiaertel.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfkhioyuiae0ybm.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfkhlrxyaactdr.jpg

(Source)

Giddy with excitement!

EDIT:- Whoa! Notice the "XZ+" variant?!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th July 2017 at 15:02. Reason: added more.
RavenAvi is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 15:04   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
First glimpse!

Giddy with excitement!
[/center]
Sir, Why the passenger side wiper should rest like this ? as shown in the pic.
May be to point out this. Are we going to see this even in the vehicles once they hit the showrooms ?
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

Hickstead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 15:10   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
First glimpse!
Giddy with excitement!

EDIT:- Whoa! Notice the "XZ+" variant?!

[/center]
That's your 5000th post, RavenAvi!

XZ+ means a higher variant, additional airbags?
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 15:12   #1200
BHPian

Few clear interior shots and additional shots from the Media Drive.

Source: https://twitter.com/mishramugdha
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-interior-shots1.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-interior-shots2.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-interior-shots3.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-back.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tire.jpg  

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 25th July 2017 at 15:15.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (22) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks