BHPian

Yes, team-bhp is in I think.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1501055438473.jpg  

satish_tns is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 13:22   #1367
BHPian

Tata motors just posted this on their twitter handle

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1501055497.584009.jpg

So did our team reach today ? Or just delay by tata to post this? Because I see quite a few more such welcome posts being posted by Tata motors today , just like yesterday.
akhil994 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 13:36   #1368
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post

So did our team reach today ? Or just delay by tata to post this? Because I see quite a few more such welcome posts being posted by Tata motors today , just like yesterday.
They split the media drives into batches, so the first day of the drive it will consist of one set of journalists, the next day another set and usually, the third day is given to the bloggers.
Old 26th July 2017, 13:40   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
They split the media drives into batches, so the first day of the drive it will consist of one set of journalists, the next day another set and usually, the third day is given to the bloggers.

So the presentation that happened yesterday, is that only for people attending the first day?
Old 26th July 2017, 13:44   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
So the presentation that happened yesterday, is that only for people attending the first day?
Yes, and the same set of people drove the Nexon today morning.
Old 26th July 2017, 13:57   #1371
BHPian

Tata's compact SUV, the Nexon

I am so keen to know from these journalists on the following parameters
1 - Refinement levels. Have owned Manza, Vista and Indigo but they all lacked refinement
2 - NVH levels. Even my Manza was not very good at it. It was just fine but not like my Hundal i20 and Verna.
3 - Interior Quality - Manza was better than my Indigo but still not premium quality.
4 - Gear Shifts - Manza was notchy and even Indigo.
I have driven both Manza and Indigo diesel for 1.60 lakh kilometres and Vista for 70,000 without any mechanical problems except for regular servicing. The only thing that made me change to Hyundai was refinement and quality plus after Manza Tata had no new product for almost 3 years. If my above factors are better in Nexon, I might go back to Tata Motors again.

Last edited by shravan2k2 : 26th July 2017 at 13:59.
Old 26th July 2017, 14:23   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That is the case with most manufacturers these days - even the ones known to charge a premium for reliability like Honda and Toyota. The initial year of the City had major complaints and the same holds true for Crysta now.
You are right. A mechanic at a Toyota told my friend, who was looking to buy a used Fortuner, to avoid pre-2012 Forts. The early ones (2009-2011), according to him, had issues with brakes , suspension and some other stuff. And Crysta niggles are well documented. But, many would pretend deaf because it's Toyota.

Now, coming to Nexon, they say it resembles Bolt? Really? Elantra is far closer in appearance to Verna than Nexon to Bolt. Even Santa Fe from a distance has me confused with Creta. This, when we have another in-between car called Tucson. Then Audi Q3 and Q5. Compared to those, Nexon is not at all like Bolt.
pgsagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 14:29   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Looks like first day was for the Print Media, today seems to be for the Online Auto portals / fora and tomorrow for the Blogging junta.

Good to note Mod Aditya is there for the drive, he had covered the Hexa drive as well with the same meticulous standards we have come to expect from T-BHP reviews.

Hope to see the sneak peak review in the next few days before the exhaustive one is compiled and goes live later.
uday.ere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 15:20   #1374
BHPian

Few things to note down which tells us Tata is listening to the Feedback and Forums.
1) Tiago had bad NVH for petrol engine - Fixed it in Tigor by adding Balancer Shaft
2) Tigor had less powerful engines - Fixed in Nexon by making most powerful in segment
3) Hexa had complaints regarding expensive SUV withour Android Auto and Car Play - its coming in Nexon
4) Hexa received complaints regarding very less storage spaces - Nexon has oodles of it and much more.

Tata should read and get feedback from people who want Cruise control, Sun-Roof and 6 airbags. Next product might have this sorted too
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 16:28   #1375
BHPian

Is it me that Nexon in Red color gives an illusion that is smaller than Blue. Wonder if black roof would have looked better on Red than gray.

Some more pics from today.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.jpg
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-7.jpg

Source: Twitter

Also Tata Nexon site is now live to capture your basic details
https://nexon.tatamotors.com/
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 26th July 2017 at 16:32.
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 16:43   #1376
BHPian

Quick walk around video by Topgearmag - India

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXADB51BjvA/
Old 26th July 2017, 16:46   #1377
Team-BHP Support

Carblog India compares the Nexon with Maruti Ignis. A poorly written article though as speculative specs are used, whereas actual specs have been revealed yesterday.

http://www.carblogindia.com/tata-nex...uti-ignis/amp/

Speaking of specs, is the ground clearance of 209mm as per the new ARAI method of using laden weight? Can't see it being so, but not sure why TATA is using the old method to advertise either when all others have already been announcing laden GC.

Before anyone starts to jump, should clarify that 209mm is huge eitherways. Just too huge as per new method though.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th July 2017 at 16:52.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 16:49   #1378
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Yes, team-bhp is in I think.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Good to note Mod Aditya is there for the drive, he had covered the Hexa drive as well with the same meticulous standards we have come to expect from T-BHP reviews.
Same team as the Hexa - Aditya & Vid6639 are reviewing the Nexon .

By the way, who is the gentleman with spectacles in the tweet? I think Tata used the wrong picture for Team-BHP in their tweet.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 16:57   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Carblog India compares the Nexon with Maruti Ignis. A poorly written article though as speculative specs are used, whereas actual specs have been revealed yesterday.

http://www.carblogindia.com/tata-nex...uti-ignis/amp/

Speaking of specs, is the ground clearance of 209mm as per the new ARAI method of using laden weight? Can't see it being so, but not sure why TATA is using the old method to advertise either when all others have already been announcing laden GC.

Before anyone starts to jump, should clarify that 209mm is huge eitherways. Just too huge as per new method though.

Unfortunately the post is written by me. The details were put together before the specs came out and hence the glaring errors. That said, I've made the required changes and tried being more accurate. I have also included a section on the ground clearance. Yes, 209 mm is quite a lot of clearance for a car in this segment. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 26th July 2017 at 17:01.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 17:01   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Compared to those, Nexon is not at all like Bolt.
I was sharing the pics of Nexon with a couple of my relatives and some said "this has the typical Indica look" - I was like "What?".

They are fine with the shabilly looking Suzuki's and of course the Crysta's but just complain on Tata's or Mahindras.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks