Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2017, 15:52   #1486
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I still don't see any controls for automatic headlamps and wipers. I don't think they are offered in the Nexon sadly!
On the XUV the Automatic Wipers and Headlamp switches or on the edges of Wiper / Light Stalks. Not so easily visible at a glance.
Old 27th July 2017, 16:22   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Seeing the pictures, it sure looks like TATA has come up with a good quality product. However, the more I see the pictures the more worried I am with the positioning.

It's easy to see why Brezza, Ecosport and Creta sell inspite of their shortcomings - the SUV form factor; which the Nexon lacks. Wouldn't it be prudent then that Nexon be priced head on with i20 active? Can't Tata "price" it as a premium hatch/cross and leave the "positioning" to customer's imagination? Terming it an SUV may backfire IMO.

And there is no reason why Nexon cannot be priced along side i20 as the latter too offers good amount of features, quality inside and out, a good torquey diesel and similar size in terms of external dimensions.
In second para, you want it to be priced on par with i20 Active. In 3rd para, you want it to be priced on par with i20. If there were 4th and 5th paras, you would probably want it to be priced at par with i10 and Eon.

Jokes apart, I'm sure it would be on par with i20 hatch, because Hyundai and car prices, just like Toyota's, have gone through stratosphere already. But, that said, would you buy this car even at i10 money? Don't know about you but there are many who just love to nitpick but have zero intention of buying a Tata car, no matter how good it is.
pgsagar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 16:43   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post

Jokes apart, I'm sure it would be on par with i20 hatch, because Hyundai and car prices, just like Toyota's, have gone through stratosphere already. But, that said, would you buy this car even at i10 money? Don't know about you but there are many who just love to nitpick but have zero intention of buying a Tata car, no matter how good it is.
Majority expects Tata to be the real 'Volkswagen'; deliver a good package ( Toyota quality, Fiat like handling, Hyundai-sh kind of goodies) and ask Nano rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
One of the previous posts had said that Nexon had been tested for 1.7 million kms and in temperatures ranging -20 to +50 degree C. I don't know if this is not enough.
Do others advertise such data?

Last edited by jkdas : 27th July 2017 at 16:45.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 16:45   #1489
vdi
BHPian

Saw 2 Nexon [Red] at Kakkanad, Cochin within 1hr at around 130pm today. One thing which is very noticeable is this looks very different from other so called SUVs.

Size wise I felt this is slightly bigger than WRV and this is not a SUV at all.
vdi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 16:58   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
In second para, you want it to be priced on par with i20 Active. In 3rd para, you want it to be priced on par with i20. If there were 4th and 5th paras, you would probably want it to be priced at par with i10 and Eon.

I am sorry, just got lazy to type "Active" over and over.

Honestly though, where am I nitpicking? If you had understood my post, all I am saying is Nexon may be at a disadvantage due to the form factor not being that of a typical SUV. IMO Brezza, Creta and Ecosport all have been able to get away with a premium pricing purely because of their form factor and nothing else. This is my opinion and I stick to it unless it can be substantiated otherwise.

And what's wrong in "expecting" something to be priced at a particular range? I have given my reasoning why it can be priced along with the stratospherically priced i20 Active. Nexon doesn't have anything extra (in terms of features and specs) over and above the Active i20. Nexon has a fancy wrist band and i20 Active has 6 Airbags. If you think otherwise, I would love to hear the reasoning. Extending my argument to suggest something else is absurd.

And I don't think intention of buying a product is a necessary and sufficient condition to comment on it. I rest my case
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:02   #1491
BHPian

OVERDRIVE has given a full set of photographs of the NEXON taken for the Media drive, looks very good.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/i...-drive-review/
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:06   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
This is what happens when you push the launch forward just because you wanted to take advantage of people's interest in Nexon. I sincerely hope they were able to complete all their testing as per plan. Maruti can afford to launch ill tested product. Not Tata. Without any traction with respect to Nexon for a month, I believe people will even start forgetting about Nexon. If Maruti or Ford manages to launch Brezza or Ecosport facelifts in between, I think Tata has got even bigger mountain to climb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
What gave the impression the last few pages that this is an ill tested vehicle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Prejudice
I think Arun's comment was more out of concern than prejudice and was taken out of context.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:07   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
I still don't see any controls for automatic headlamps and wipers. I don't think they are offered in the Nexon sadly!
From the review of Overdrive:

What clearly is a miss are automatic headlights as well as wipers. Speaking of which, the wiper blade doesn't fully clean the glass surface near the driver. This doesn't hamper vision but nevertheless could have been executed in a better fashion or by using a larger wiper blade. The sunglass holder is lined with a soft material inside, however the access to the slot itself is a bit awkward�"it didn't accommodate my aviators. The USB slot right ahead of the gear lever is too deep and isn't really the most ergonomic when it comes to usage. Also the headlamp levelling switch is placed on the stalk, making it a bit inconvenient while making changes to the beam on the move.
Old 27th July 2017, 17:07   #1494
BHPian

A video from Facebook showing the Blue Nexon on the road. Look closely and you can see it pass quite a few other cars (on the opp lane) - i20, WagonR, Vento, Ciaz etc. It does seem to have good road presence.

Here's an assortment of screen-grabs from the video.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon_on_road.png

Here's the Nexon next to a Tavera:
Name:  nexon_tavera.PNG
Views: 3224
Size:  760.4 KB

Another video of the Nexon in Red:

Last edited by spindoc : 27th July 2017 at 17:12. Reason: Added another image
spindoc is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:13   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Price it at 7 -11L as ACI predicted, it will sink without a trace.
Correct! I've been following the specs and information. If I were to pick the XZ+ Diesel (which directly compares to Ecosport Titanium Tdci in terms of features), my expectation on Madras OTR price around 10.5L, anything lesser is absolute killer pricing. A 10.5L OTR would mean about 9.1-9.2L ex-showroom Madras. 9L ex-showroom Delhi would be what I expect as the launch pricing.

For comparison, Ecosport Titanium 1.5 Tdci OTR in Madras is 11.18L, which is 9.64L ex-showroom. With the facelift launch around the corner, one would expect discounts in the period overlapping with initial 2-3 months of Nexon.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:17   #1496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post

Earlier it was the Jeep Compass thread doing at 2-3 new pages/day during the Compass revelation and first drive. Things watered down as the launch got postponed.

This thread is a complete contrast. Launch, first drive got preponed and all of a sudden we see 2-3 new pages added every few hours.
Pardon me for quoting my own post. But If the launch gets postponed, this thread will lose the spark.
Old 27th July 2017, 17:23   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
I think Arun's comment was more out of concern than prejudice and was taken out of context.
Thank you discoverwild. My comments were indeed taken out of context. I am genuinely concerned for Nexon and it's success because I feel it is one of those safe cars built for mass market.

Now nobody cares if there are issues or niggles in Toyota or Maruti (read Crysta or Baleno). It will still sell. However even smaller niggles in Nexon will be blown out of proportion. Hence my concern for pushing front the launch date abruptly, just to capitalise on the interest generated, which gives a sense that Tata did not finish their test run completely.

One misstep from Tata can ruin all their hardwork. I have nothing against Tata or any other manufacturers. Ok may be against Maruti, Honda and Toyota for obvious reasons. Hence no reason for me to go against Nexon.

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 27th July 2017 at 17:25.
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:35   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm hoping for a starting price of around 6L
Quote:
I totally acknowledge the advantages in Nexon including the best in class quality, interiors, the excellent music system, build quality, (probable) best in class engines etc.
You admit that Nexon has so many best in class things and yet expect starting price of 6L where Vitara Brezza starts at 7.38L and Ecosport starts at 7.1L! Even i20 which is being brought into competition starts at 6.75L!!

Is it not unreasonable to expect Tata to undercut similar class vehicles by such huge margin? If Nexon starts at 6L, Vitara Brezza
would be 20% more expensive! This when Nexon has enough features, has far more powerful engines and convincingly beats competition when it comes to power to weight and torque to weight numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Also the headlamp levelling switch is placed on the stalk, making it a bit inconvenient while making changes to the beam on the move.
Compared to conventional placement of levelling switch on dashboard, I find stalk placement far more convenient. Can't find a better position for this.
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:35   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Size wise I felt this is slightly bigger than WRV and this is not a SUV at all.
If our list of SUV's in India includes Ecosport, Brezza and so on. This is more than SUV. By the size i think Suzuki Gymny is still smaller than Ecosport.
Old 27th July 2017, 17:37   #1500
BHPian

So the Nexon does not have automatic wipers or headlamps! Which is a bit of a downer though!

Read through Overdrive's review and wanted just applaud them. Such a poor review, just to get it out quickly they made a hash job of it. They say the front seats are wafer thin, but seeing them, does not make one feel so!

Waiting for some better reviews, maybe a preview by our team as well before the full blown review from the only trustworthy source that is Team Bhp.

Till then, contemplating !
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks