Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2017, 19:36   #1516
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Tata Nexon to get AMT variant by April 2018. This is a complete bummer for me.

Tata Motors will introduce AMT variant of it much-anticipated sub-4 meter compact SUV, Nexon by the end of the financial year 17-18, Tata Motors confirmed.

Scheduled for launch this festive season, the Tata Nexon will currently have 1.2L turbocharged petrol engine from the Revotron series that churns out 108 hp and 170 Nm of peak torque and 1.5L diesel engine from the Revotorq family that makes 108 hp and 260 Nm of torque.

Source: News18

Last edited by damager21 : 27th July 2017 at 19:38.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 19:37   #1517
BHPian

The review by Overdrive hasn't gone down well with other journos and it shouldn't! Unethical journalism by Overdrive. On top of that such a half baked and poor review !

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1501164452.137753.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1501164469.054350.jpg
akhil994 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 19:39   #1518
BHPian

Overdrive review is clearly rushed in and lacks coherence. I have expressed my views on their twitter post The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-odmag.jpg

Couple of observations from that review
  • Engines seem to have good performance; especially the diesel
  • Rear seat is inclined quite a bit. Hope back support is decent.
  • The white window line applique is gaudy. Spoils the look of an otherwise well-designed car (minus those bulbous headlamps)

The launch should be at least a week or two before Dusshera to take advantage of the festive season.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 27th July 2017 at 19:49.
dheepak10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 19:49   #1519
BHPian

Launched delay until late September. This is news, it has built up so much of momentum and all it needed was scheduled launch in mid August and delivery early September.

But this could be due to many factors:

Shradhs (Pitr Paksh) is starting from September 5th and ending on September 19th. The Navratres are starting from September 21st and many people would want to have their new car/house delivered during this period.

If they had launched in mid August then they would have to start delivering the cars from 1st week of September and due Shradhs many would have pushed taking delivery of their cars by 15 days i.e., during Navratres.

So I guess they would open the bookings now and disclose the price during September and start delivering from 20th/21st September. This will also give them good chance to monitor the upcoming facelifts and act accordingly.

May be I am being optimist, they could surprise us with an Automatic launch in September

- PK
pk_del is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 19:55   #1520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
May be I am being optimist, they could surprise us with an Automatic launch in September
Read Tim Leverton, CTO, TM interview with OD on Nexon -AMT

Will there be an automatic transmission in the Nexon in the future?

Quote:
In this segment, for ease of use and economy, the AMT is the future. The AMT will be available with both the engines in the new year or within the next few months.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 20:13   #1521
BHPian

How stupid of Overdrive to break the policy's and post a review which lacks quality and quantity. They have missed out on so many things No mention of ICE nor mentioned how the rear seats feel or can they accommodate 5 people and the list goes on.

I guess they have made a fool out of themselves. Just to increase the views on the site they have posted the 1st half baked Nexon review.

Time given to the journalists and bloggers and a date is fixed to post an review is so that on the same day all reviews are live and people like us can read how each one of them felt. It also helps in making proper quality reviews.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 20:43   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Had gone to my dealership ASS for my Manza's service yesterday and had a chat with the Sales Team regarding Nexon.

Word is that it will reach showrooms for display alongwith TD vehicles by end of August. Though not confrimed but rumor is that expected price range should be around 8 - 12 lakhs (depending on trim).
My mistake !!

I forgot to mention that I had only asked for the (possible) on-road prices of the diesel variants ....including the (probable) AMT diesel version.

Also, do bear in mind...these are rumoured prices.

Its not over till the fat lady (TATA) sings...
Old 27th July 2017, 20:47   #1523
Distinguished - BHPian

A presentation slide showing the ConnectNext App Suite supported by the Nexon's HU:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfv6drdvwaa1ykh.jpg
(Source)

Couple of nice shots, making the blue & red blend into the ambience around the Nexons:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfvlv7ovoaqkm1b.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfvlw4zvwai8tns.jpg
(Source)

A nice shot of the red Nexon resting under the shade:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfvs2t1uaaebtet.jpg

And a few by the Kerala countryside:

RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 21:02   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Someone clearly doesn't appreciate it!

Source
Now taking direct aim at Tata Motors for favouritism.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_20170727210416.png

Last edited by spindoc : 27th July 2017 at 21:05.
spindoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 21:38   #1525
BHPian

Screw all these jornos. If they did a good job we would wait for a good review. Embargo or not, we still wait and decide based on Team-BHP reviews.
Coming back to the Nexon, had anyone seen if there is a dead pedal? IIRC there wasn't much space to rest your foot to the left of the clutch pedal in the Bolt and Zest.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 21:42   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
Screw all these jornos. If they did a good job we would wait for a good review. Embargo or not, we still wait and decide based on Team-BHP reviews.
Coming back to the Nexon, had anyone seen if there is a dead pedal? IIRC there wasn't much space to rest your foot to the left of the clutch pedal in the Bolt and Zest.
Yes, a dead pedal is present. I have seen it in some pictures but cannot recollect the source.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 21:48   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Yes, a dead pedal is present. I have seen it in some pictures but cannot recollect the source.
Yup, here's a photo sourced from Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170727033657_pfd_7001.jpg  

Amartya is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 23:45   #1528
Distinguished - BHPian

India Today's review is out.

Quote:
In our stint of 120km with the car, occupants in both front and rear seats never complained of fatigue. There is enough lumbar and under-thigh support and generous shoulder room both in the front and back seats. The sloping roof doesn't hinder headroom at the rear with taller passengers still having a little space to spare. Fitting in a third passenger in the rear may be a squeeze though unless they're children.
We drove the petrol first. With bore and stroke length similar to the 1.2-litre engine in the Tiago, this engine adds 25bhp with a turbo charger, subsequent bump in compression ratio and 56Nm of torque. The higher torque output offers a wider powerband with linear power delivery as you progress through the six-speed gearbox. The engine also allows to hang onto a higher gear, picking it up from lower revs at slower speeds without hesitation. The only grouse in performance was iffy fuelling which results in jerky on-off throttle transitions.
The 1.5-litre diesel engine on the other hand is stellar. Refined, minimal turbo-lag and linear with torque reserves to quickly propel you forward in any of the six gears. This engine feels powerful enough to make the 1.3 tonne Nexon feel light on its feet.
The handling of the Nexon is another one of its strong-points. The electronic power steering doesn't feel vague in the centre, is well weighted and direct. The suspension absorbs undulations and potholes with ease with the petrol version feeling slightly stiffer while the added weight of the diesel engine making for a more pliant ride quality. A set of twisties that included 12 hairpins revealed more about the car's dynamic abilities. Body-roll was well controlled and the Nexon holds its line in corners with no hint of understeer unless pushed hard.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonrear_072717103851.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 23:57   #1529
Senior - BHPian

So far, so good!

Knew Tata was confident with the handling of the Nexon. Else, they wouldn't have picked the gorgeous Ernakulam - Idukki route for this acid test.

The roads are well paved, with plenty of fast and tight corners and a lot of elevation changes. It is total bliss with a well balanced chassis and steering. And the monsoon brings its own set of challenges and rewards.

It is the only route where I have heard the poor old stock Goodyear on the Fiesta squeal.
deetjohn is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 00:08   #1530
BHPian

Well first Tata Motors gave an exclusive drive to Autocar. Call it favouring the media house and now this Overdrive breaking the Embargo seems it is another favour to this media house and even Sid Patankar sir also confirms this.

Now coming to the hasty and laughable review. They say plastic quality could have been better. I doubt the competitors are giving any better. And please if you say Maruti Is giving better. OD has some bias towards Maruti for sure.
Also, the engines are new there is not all on the refinement, NVH levels, gearshift quality and the peculiar clutch and gear vibrations. Secondly, the infotainment system has not been talked about and no word on its performance at all. Third, the seats are wafer thin? Check grand i10. Can't just understand what was the Road tester expecting.
Now the laughing part they say it looks like a hatch back and ask the readers to remember the Vista D90. What? Okay it's not a proper SUV but Vista D90. Sure side profile might resemble but the article directly says it's nothing more than Vista.

Also, fit and finish has not improved according to them. I would like to tell them please see Indigo, then Manza and then then present Bolt, Zest, Tiago, Hexa and now Nexon before saying it has not improved.
Now the wiper does not clean the driver side but it does it hamper the vision. But, they still have a complain against it?
Can't really rely on this hasty article and this EmbargoGate makes it more opportunist media house more untrustworthy. Will see what others say tomorrow after the real reviews are out. Respect for other media houses who preferred not braking the embargo
shravan2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks