Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 12:26   #1576
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

For a Change the TATA bashers are talking positive

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-revi...t-drive-405530

Should I buy one?

If you are one of the many sold on the looks of the Nexon, you should be happy to know there is also genuine substance behind its style. Tata’s compact SUV is well equipped and made from expensive materials that make it look and feel more upmarket than its rivals, even if fit could be better at places. The needs of comfort and practicality are also abundantly addressed in the Nexon, ride comfort is really good and, as an added bonus, handling is excellent. Yes, the engines are not as exciting as their power numbers suggest but are adequate nonetheless.

Fuel economy remains a question mark for the moment, but, as things stand, the Nexon is a fine package. We hear Tata is looking at pricing the Nexon aggressively with prices likely to start at just over Rs 6 lakh for the base petrol version and topping off at Rs 9.5 lakh for the top-spec diesel. All pointers suggest, the Nexon could be Tata’s Swift moment – the car that changes its image for good.
rajchetan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 12:27   #1577
BHPian

Looks absolutely stunning

Name:  1.png
Views: 4481
Size:  479.7 KB
Name:  2.png
Views: 4393
Size:  560.3 KB

A quick look at the search trend shows spike in volumes for Tata Nexon in the last few days, way ahead of search volumes for Maruti Brezza.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-search.png

Interestingly and not surprisingly though, people are searching the web for TeamBHP. I am sure there are lot of eyes keenly awaiting the TeamBHP review after shoddy job done by some of the other so called established auto journos

Name:  Search1.png
Views: 4604
Size:  17.2 KB
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 12:31   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Zigwheels review is out & they have a mostly positive opinion of the Nexon. They are all praises for the Diesel engine & also the packaging of interiors. A few pages ago there was some concern raised on the brightness & richness of the display. Zigwheels finds it good. Overall they are impressed with the cabin, but feel there are some fit and finish issues. Driveability of petrol in city traffic is not up to the mark though.

Quote:
When you step inside, the first thing you wonder about is if this really is a sub-4m SUV. Seating six-footers? No problem! The coupe like roofline shouldn’t foul with turbans either. Surprising? Very! There’s plenty of room for long shanks too. Three-abreast? Sure, sort of. It is wide enough to accommodate three, but the middle occupant will have to deal with a shorter seat base and a protruding backrest. For two, the smartly scooped out backseat is going to feel like a treat. We're nitpicking, but the cushioning could've been firmer and set a bit higher for better under-thigh support.

In terms of resolution and brightness alone, the new 6.5 inch colour display is a big upgrade over units seen in Tatas before. It looks crisp and is legible even in bright sunlight. The introduction of plug-and-play connectivity with smartphones via Android Auto is very welcome, while Apple CarPlay will be integrated by the time of launch. The Nexon’s reversing camera’s resolution isn’t all that crisp, however, you do get bending guidelines to make reversing easier.

The cabin of the Nexon strikes you to be more impressive than its rivals too. Fabric for door pads, the glossy silver panel on the dash and the textured plastic for the dash top look good and feel solid too. The plush switches for the power windows and well-damped stalks for wipers and indicators add to the experience. But, as you look closely, the way it comes together doesn’t inspire too much faith. Improper shut lines, scratchy panels and the loose console for the power window adjustment on the cars were disappointing.

The engine that got us hook, line, and sinker was the Revotorq four-cylinder diesel. Start up the motor and some diesel rumble and light vibes can be felt in the cabin, but as you get going, the cabin starts to feel smooth and plenty quiet. The big win for the diesel is its drivability. Tata claims that it makes its peak torque of 260NM from 1500rpm to 2750rpm and that means it should be quite easy to drive even in the city. Actually, it’s better than what numbers suggest, as you get genuinely usable drivability from as low down as 1000rpm! and still drive around comfortably. Cruising calmly through city streets at 30kph in 4th gear or 20kph in 3rd comes naturally to the Nexon.

The petrol option is a more nuanced taste. The Revotron badge is slapped on a three-cylinder engine that is based off the Tigor’s unit. For the Nexon, Tata has added a turbocharger to bump up the punch. The petrol engine feels particularly enjoyable in Sport mode. The throttle response is sharp and you can feel the spikes in power delivery clearly. It just gives a ragged but fun feel. The big dollop of torque in the mid range makes it quite eager and we found wheel spin accompanying the mash of the throttle. In Sport mode, the engine unlocks a few more revs and redlines near 6000rpm.

Verdict
The Nexon is a remarkable product from Tata; a bold crossover that combines standout form while packaging in immense practicality too, and if it weren’t for the the fit and finish issues, we would recommend it without hesitation. Especially the diesel.

Nexon is likely to set segment benchmark on account of its very easy to drive diesel engine, and the big car levels of space in the cabin. On top of that, the Nexon is a neat and tidy handler and comfortable to be chauffeured around in too. The petrol is exciting when driven hard - but for everyday use you’d wish it offered smooth and more fluid performance. And, yes, the design is striking, and this Tata has all the features you need.
Read the full review here

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Just curious has Team Bhp been invited for the Kochi Press Ride..?? If no, Why not?
Yes, Team BHP was there at the press drive. Mods Aditya & Viddy were part of the team.

Last edited by AkMar : 28th July 2017 at 12:35. Reason: Added reply
AkMar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 12:49   #1579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
A quick look at the search trend shows spike in volumes for Tata Nexon in the last few days, way ahead of search volumes for Maruti Brezza.
They do manage to get the hype going. But eventually it fizzles out.

Compared to the elder sibling, is it Deja-Vu for Nexon? Only time can tell.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-googletrends.png
Old 28th July 2017, 12:59   #1580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
They do manage to get the hype going. But eventually it fizzles out.

Compared to the elder sibling, is it Deja-Vu for Nexon?
Just a little difference this time.... this is probably the first TATA is actually DESIRABLE
Old 28th July 2017, 13:19   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
What Tata hasn't been good at, is riding the hype to the launch and subsequently to the deliveries. This happened even with Hexa.

There are contradictory launch timelines already.

Its all in Tata Motors' hands for the Nexon. Only time will tell!
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 13:33   #1582
BHPian

Hormazd of Autocar India has been generous in his praise for the Nexon on Twitter. Here's an assortment of his tweets (emphasis added by me).

Quote:
Great job done by @TataMotors with #Nexon. Bold, refreshing & so practical too.

Suspension is a class act. Better than Ecosport

Honestly feel this car could change @TataMotors image for good.

#Nexon's Stunning design, ride & handling, refinement most impressive. Engines not great but adequate.

Nexon a defining moment for @TataMotors. Review of this ground breaking compact SUV in Aug issue of @autocarindiamag
Source

Last edited by spindoc : 28th July 2017 at 13:34.
spindoc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 14:13   #1583

It is exciting to read the blogs at the advent of a media drive or a launch.
So lucky that we are in an era where we have such a platform to express our views and also observe other's.
And more importantly in a healthy way.

Coming to the topic, it is so unfair that people anticipate all kind of features in a TATA car and expect the price to be still the lowest in the segement and that too by a good margin.
And when TATA manages to do that few a times (Tiago/Zest, etc) , the same people do not buy the car as they question on service/network arises.
It becomes the car of the year (Nano/Zest/Tiago) , but yet it is not in the top 10 cars as far as sales is concerned.
No doubt that there OTHER factors which are responsible for this. But one of the main factor amongst this "OTHER" is people's biased and illogical perception.

Well said in earlier posts that people will go gaga over the positives of the car but they will not buy it, assuming that they are about to buy new cars.
Especially it happens with a FIAT. Nothing wrong in buying the car of your own choice, surely there would be valid reasons.
But this valid reason cannot be nitpicking the minor issues which every product has and also it cannot be commenting something which comes out of your FEELINGs which is not based on facts/obeservations.
Why am I commenting, my family has owned a maruti/hyundai/tata. They all are great. And some are best in some particular areas.

People are happy about the smart band feature but want a fitness tracker or time on it. If TATA would have done that, people would have wanted a sim slot as well.
If TATA would have provided that too, they would have complained that it does not have a selfie camera.
But if we think a bit deeper, all these comments just show one positive thing.
And that is how much people expect from a TATA. It is humongous. It indirectly shows the faith that they have.
Surprisingly, TATA has been fulfilling all such requests for the last 3 years or so. That is just legendary.
Though, the company is here to do business and not earn the faith only.

I particularly liked a post blogged earlier, where the blogger is asking to the picture of the nexon and meant "little baby how will you climb the hill of expectations".

I am no better expert than most of the people here. So there is hardly anything to add whcich has not been said earlier about the Nexon.
I think it is a nice experiment that TATA has done with NEXON. As I have not driven yet, it SEEMS to be a decent car stand alone, and it SEEMS to be a fantastic product in its segment.
The expectation is not to beat Brezza/Ecosport, the homegrown company is just trying to increase it's share , the more the increment, the more the company would would acknowledge it as a success.
Apart from Bolt( it is a good car though) , Zest/Tiago/Tigor/Hexa have done that for the company.
And you would have noted the difference in sales had it been a Maruti Zest/Maruti Nexon. It would have sold 15k/month for sure.

You just cannot beat a Maruti/Hyundai sales chart with one or two products. It would take at least a decade of consistent and solid efforts to even come close to those two companies, as far as sales are concerned.
In last 3 years, TATA is just trying to do that. They have improved their servicing, their showrooms, their products - it is a long list and it will take a long time to prove these efforts in sales.
Give that time to TATA.
Roadilicious is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 14:28   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
If you think it looks like an Indica/Vista you need your eyes checked. Or your attitude.
Funny stuff! Well I do see the overall shape and design language of the Bolt (which in turn is a similar to Vista) in the Nexon too.
Nothing wrong with my eyes or attitude.

Autoportal review too mentions the same.

While it is not just a Bolt on steroids, it does share some structural design elements overall. In fact it is very evident from the front three-quarters and side view, in my opinion.

So if you are not able to spot it, good for you. If others do spot it and mention it, that is fair too.

What is not fine is "Getting personal" and that attitude needs to be checked.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 28th July 2017 at 14:30.
dheepak10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 14:46   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadilicious View Post
People are happy about the smart band feature but want a fitness tracker or time on it. If TATA would have done that, people would have wanted a sim slot as well.
Frankly, I've been unable to grasp this logic of a wristband to serve the purpose of keyless entry. I own a Swift Zdi with the keyless entry function built into the keyfob itself. Personally, carrying the keyfob in my pocket has never really been an issue. Infact for outdoor activities, watching out for my wristwatch is a much greater concern in real life, than bothering with the keyfob in pocket. Now, this separate wristband after the euphoria, will only add additional concern for an extra embellishment on the body!
Old 28th July 2017, 14:47   #1586
BHPian

Just wondering what TATA will be offering in place of that touch screen for lower variants. Any thing apart from that screen seems to be a difficult fit there.

Is anyone aware of how TATA plans to differentiate between variants.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 14:50   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Just wondering what TATA will be offering in place of that touch screen for lower variants. Any thing apart from that screen seems to be a difficult fit there.

Is anyone aware of how TATA plans to differentiate between variants.
Infotainment System will be standard in all variants. I doubt they will give anything else there.
Old 28th July 2017, 14:50   #1588
Team-BHP Support

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-0_578_872_httpcdni.autocarindia.comextraimages20170728125331_cover_big.jpg

Autocar 2017 edition has the Nexon as its highlight and is reportedly already on the stands. So, they are allowed a media preview, earlier than others?
Old 28th July 2017, 14:52   #1589
Senior - BHPian

The only similarity I find between Nexon & Bolt is the black plastic portion on lower half of bumper between front fog lamps. Apart from that I do not find similarities in the looks of both cars.

Last edited by AkMar : 28th July 2017 at 14:53.
Old 28th July 2017, 14:56   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Frankly, I've been unable to grasp this logic of a wristband to serve the purpose of keyless entry. I own a Swift Zdi with the keyless entry function built into the keyfob itself. Personally, carrying the keyfob in my pocket has never really been an issue. Infact for outdoor activities, watching out for my wristwatch is a much greater concern in real life, than bothering with the keyfob in pocket. Now, this separate wristband after the euphoria, will only add additional concern for an extra embellishment on the body!
The wristband based on what i have read, is targeted for a specific set of users (with active lifestyles). Imagine if

1. You are going to a gym
2. You are going for a swim
3. You are going for a trek

Most trackwear do not come with pockets (and even if they do, are XS size). Carrying the key is more cumbersome than a wearable. Also, there is a risk of dropping/misplacing the key.

This is not a wristwatch, just a band. You do not need to watch out for it, just simply wear it.

Last edited by sachinayak : 28th July 2017 at 14:57.
sachinayak is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks