Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 15:38   #1606
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Exactly. I agree with you CrazyDriver.
Bashing TATA here does not take away the sales and the segment first wrist band does not set the sales chart on fire too .
People do consider a lot before going for a new vehicle. They might even consider the points which were not even discussed here.

Last edited by Hickstead : 28th July 2017 at 15:40.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 15:44   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A posts that asks people with a different opinion to get their eyes or attitude checked, gets 35 likes with a couple of hours.
Lol. Good catch that says it all.
Old 28th July 2017, 15:54   #1608
BHPian

The more I read about Nexon, more I feel it is targeted towards the younger crowd. Those not bothered about Tatas indica baggage or will not shy away from checking non Maruti cars. My gut feeling says this will change Tatas image for good. There is something very unique is the way this car looks!
akshay380 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 15:57   #1609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Architect View Post
Just had a thought, how the Nexon would have looked with sharper headlights.

Pardon my photo shopping skills.(Unedited Image courtesy-Zig Wheels)
Looks nice. A bit Mitsubishi-ish though but in a good way. This definitely could be the mid life facelift for the Nexon (provided it sells well and Tata makes money on it ).
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:01   #1610
BHPian

It's sadly hard for older people to shun the Tata Truck image when it comes to considering Tata cars. I was suggesting my father about going in for Tata Tiago and his totally rejected the idea as soon as he heard the company's name. People seem to think they've "assembled" the engine with whatever parts they could find and put together a car that barely works. Even on asking our mechanic for the last thirty years, he too shrieked at the idea of buying a tata car.

I really feel they've come a long way and are trying hard to shed that image and appeal to the younger crowd. What still bothers is me is the poor opinion of the after sales services.
sibot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:04   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
If you read it again, his statement said "If you think it looks like an Indica/Vista you need your eyes checked. Or your attitude."

If that is not personal, then Karan taking offence on Kangana saying "You support Nepotism", is not acceptable there are others who say "There is nepotism in Bollywood". Out of topic, but I can't explain it any clearer.

Hence similarities will definitely be noticed.

So if you want my opinion, I feel that there are folks who like Nexon, but don't like Bolt and its association with taxi market and those folks take offence when others opine that they do find similarities between these two models. Now whether this is "general" or "personal" is up to how people interpret it.
Referring to the example given by you, I just want to say that Steeroid's comments were for the general trend. The fact that you took it personally is completely your prerogative.

If that was the case there are so many statements made on this very forum everyday, If I were to take those which were against an opinion that I hold personally, I will be spending the whole day replying to those statements/comments.

And yes the similarities will be noticed, but it should be noticed where it exists. Fair enough you might say that in your opinion it might be similar, but that should be backed up with substance.

If so, kindly point out one body panel that looks similar in the two cars apart from the windshield and A pillar angle?

If you say the height of the car, well then they share the platform and that is the shortcoming of the platform.

I don't mind any car being associated with Taxi's. Hell out of the top 4-5 cars in terms of volume each month, I think 2 or three are immensely popular as cabs. So people don't actually mind that.

Anyway let's wait for the Team-bhp review for the merits and de merits of the car.

Till then , peace out!
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:05   #1612
BHPian

There is always a prejudice, always a preferred and a non-preferred list with all of us. Personally I hate Iphones (infact any smartphone >35000 bucks. just not worth it!)

1. Prejudice says maruti cannot sell cars in premium segment

2. Prejudice says DSG are bound to fail

3. Prejudice says Honda stands for quality (india specific)

4. Prejudice says creta is a SUV while ecosport is hatchback on stilts

5. prejudice says innova crysta is VFM while hexa is expensive

The list is long. What we need to do is to form our own opinion and either respect, or ignore opinions which sound like prejudices. And what good companies do? They genuinely try to break those prejudices.

Like Maruti Suzuki is doing by launching Ciaz and S cross (premiumization, with success I would say)

Like VW is doing by reducing the "fail-rate" on DSG

Like Honda is doing by repeatedly dishing out low-quality cars

Like Tata is doing by constantly trying to improve the quality of its cars.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:06   #1613
BHPian

I don't know how many would agree or have thought of this. Just my personal view. Instead of making the user to forcefully choose one of the 3 driving modes, they could have either had another a general map as usual (like how it would be if there were no drive modes at all) and give an option to turn on / off the drive mode selection by pressing the rotary nob down or have a general tuning map as one of the options in the rotary nob along with the other modes. I personally feel that for users like me who know how to change the driving style based on the situation / requirement, the drive modes could have been an aditional option rather than being forced to use those options. I am not telling that it should have been an option but rather it could have been an option according to my personal views. Ofcourse I am one big fan of that rotary nob though.
Old 28th July 2017, 16:12   #1614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Architect View Post
Just had a thought, how the Nexon would have looked with sharper headlights.
Absolutely. Looks like a mini Hexa. Had posted something similar few days back -

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dfmzvo9wsaa0ekw.jpg

Perhaps they can consider something similar for the facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
This is surely an error. My Hyundai i20 1.4 diesel cruises constantly at just under 2000 rpm in 6th gear at 100kmph. It should be the same with Tata's 1.5 Diesel.
Totally depends on the gearing they've chosen. Even TATA's own Storme Varicor 400 does 100 kmph at 2000rpm. Hexa is even more relaxed at 1900rpm.

Perhaps with Nexon, they have targeted better city driveability, as the reviews also mention that the ratios are closely stacked. Not a big issue even on the highways as all the reviews till now suggest that the diesel engine is refined.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th July 2017 at 16:14.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:16   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
ISOFIX doesn't seem to be (a-la Ecosport), that's what I can understand from their presentation slide on safety.

What's with that silly audio warning about the drive mode selection? Sounds downright childish, when there is already a visual display of it.
ISOFIX - RushLane says the Nexon has it.
Source

Quote:
The rear seats offer comfortable seating to three adults. There is seat belt for all three. In case you have baby on board, there is ISOFIX as well.
Audio feedback on Drive Mode change - MotorOctane confirmed in their review that it can be switched off.

Last edited by spindoc : 28th July 2017 at 16:23.
spindoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:34   #1616
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Looks like they did it all in an hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Thanks for sharing this review, and even though Renuka's reviews continue to underwhelm, ACI's videographer(s) continue to do a very good job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Renuka Kripalani actually makes me laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Renuka's review was above average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
This is proof enough that autocar itself is a spoof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Renuka Kripalani probably expected the Jaguar gear selector in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Autocar 2017 edition has the Nexon as its highlight and is reportedly already on the stands. So, they are allowed a media preview, earlier than others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Excerpt from ACI site which answers your query:
Watch the ACI video review closely and notice the roads and their traffic in it, specially when a couple of Jeep Compass test mules zoom past the Nexon media drive car?

These are not Kerala roads at all!

This review/report was done much earlier than the official media drive dates, with a Nexon media drive car which was made available to ACI at/near the Ranjangaon facility.

(someone in the dedicated Nexon WhatsApp group mentioned the road areas seen in the ACI video as Shirur, near Pune)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Hormazd has had excellent personal relationships with all levels in TML for twenty years now, so that is perhaps earned. There is give and take in every aspect of life, every where, and not all of it has a monetary side attached to it.
This could be one of the reasons for the above.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:40   #1617
BHPian

RushLane have posted their review.

Their verdict:
Quote:
The Tata Nexon is a game-changing product for Tata Motors, and a trump card in the much preferred segment of cars these days. The Nexon says bring-it-on to the competitors in terms of power, handling, features, driving dynamics and what not, and the foes are waiting to know just one thing with a sweat, the price!

It’s not just ‘Tata Motors’ anymore after we’ve driven the Nexon, its “TATA MOTORS” now!
They have also added estimated pricing - not sure if this is informed or plain speculation.

Link: https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12247869.html

Last edited by spindoc : 28th July 2017 at 16:50. Reason: Removed pricing - could be misleading :)
spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:43   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
RushLane have posted their review.

Their verdict:

They have also added estimated pricing - not sure if this is informed or plain speculation.
This should be just their estimation.
Infact, they have missed XZ+ variant.
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 16:57   #1619
BHPian

How has been TATA Service Centre experience recently? I understand from another threads that HEXA gets a different treatment being a premium category, but has the experience improved for Tiago and Bolt owners?

My brother's Punto started getting better service after FIAT centers opened up and he stopped going to TATA.

Last edited by vidyanand : 28th July 2017 at 16:57. Reason: correction
Old 28th July 2017, 17:05   #1620
BHPian

Positive so far for the Nexon. And I hope Tata Motors does proper marketing post launch too.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1501241623142.jpg  

bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks