Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 17:06   #1621
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

I was scratching my head as to what was it that I was missing from the Autocar India review.. till I saw the following review.

Then I realized, it was KARTHIKEYA SINGHEE

payeng is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:07   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
The more I read about Nexon, more I feel it is targeted towards the younger crowd. Those not bothered about Tatas indica baggage or will not shy away from checking non Maruti cars. My gut feeling says this will change Tatas image for good. There is something very unique is the way this car looks!

It's is not just Nexon. Newer Gen Tata's like Tiago, Tigor have always had a youthful appeal towards them.Many in my friend's cricle (age group of 25's) whom earlier had a contempt towards Tata's, are starting to have a positive outlook towards its newer product due to its design language.
Car Architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:09   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
ISOFIX - RushLane says the Nexon has it.
Media drive cars were top end versions, as they normally are. Lower variants may not have it. Tata's own presentation doesn't indicate it is a standard (read it like a Wren and Martin ). Hence my comparison with Ecosport, that also has ISOFIX only on Titanium variants and beyond.

There haven't been any mention of lower variants in reviews I've read so far. Infact we've not seen anything other than red or blue since 25th. TeamBHP official review may throw light, if this was the case TML had organized this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Frankly, I've been unable to grasp this logic of a wristband to serve the purpose of keyless entry.
I thought the other way around. Why wasn't anyone else thinking about this? I can give you some use cases that'll happen in the lifetime of the car ownership:

1. Kerala temple hopping (dhoti dress code)
2. Goa beach hopping
3. Short/Long drives where you can be on shorts
4. Women not in pants/jeans without the need to lug their handbags along.

Last edited by narayans80 : 28th July 2017 at 17:21.
narayans80 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:14   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Watch the ACI video review closely and notice the roads and their traffic in it, specially when a couple of Jeep Compass test mules zoom past the Nexon media drive car?

These are not Kerala roads at all!

This review/report was done much earlier than the official media drive dates, with a Nexon media drive car which was made available to ACI at/near the Ranjangaon facility.

(someone in the dedicated Nexon WhatsApp group mentioned the road areas seen in the ACI video as Shirur, near Pune)

This could be one of the reasons for the above.
Is this really even possible? I mean what will be Tata's image under other other's eyes when the other groups gave Tata the due respect and made it to Nexon Media drive? This is not just blatant nepotism but downright unprofessional. So why have media embargo after all? Just let ACI review it and give their blasted verdict?

This reinforces my belief that ACI reviews are untrustworthy and one cannot trust a source which functions purely for commercial reasons. Trust only those groups which has no commercial interests or any vested interest in any of the manufacturers.
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:27   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

I thought the other way around. Why wasn't anyone else thinking about this? I can give you some use cases that'll happen in the lifetime of the car ownership:

2. Goa beach hopping
Plausible.

But how many will be affected by the above situations? Infact Situation 1 is the only true exception (faced this at Ujjain Mahakaleshwar).
Old 28th July 2017, 17:31   #1626
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
I was scratching my head as to what was it that I was missing from the Autocar India review.. till I saw the following review.

New information from the review -

The rear AC vents are just blowers without a cooling coil. (Like in the Duster)

Overall, a very good review indeed and he recommends the diesel variant whole heartedly except for the fit and finish of few interior bits.
Old 28th July 2017, 17:42   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A posts that asks people with a different opinion to get their eyes or attitude checked, gets 35 likes with a couple of hours. Not really the spirit of discussion on the forum IMO. Let's discuss more on the product rather than each other, and if it's truly worth it - it will emerge on top alright.
LOL.. There are few more lines in the post where he compares Nexon with remapped Yeti poster he was driving. He was discussing "the product" there. Why you decided to quote just part of the post to conclude this?
Latheesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:55   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Architect View Post
Just had a thought, how the Nexon would have looked with sharper headlights.

Pardon my photo shopping skills.(Unedited Image courtesy-Zig Wheels)
Great! Your rendering looks much better that the original. It looks a lot sharper and less flabby.
petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:56   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Hm36bzAuxwI
Definitely one of the better reviews out there. In fact Karthikeya's review at Zigwheels is definitely better than that of his ACI reviews, in my opinion.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:07   #1630
BHPian

The Nexon has really made me want to continue my buying trend of Tata Motor cars. The Nexon is an absolute stunner!

Like a lot of people in this thread, I too had the concern of the stance of the car (especially being a Storme owner ). One of my media publication friend sent me this picture:
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-index.jpg
Sorry for the poor quality, was sent via WhatsApp

At this angle especially, the stance is pretty good! Moreover, the design elements especially give it a much wider feel.

All the best Tata Motors. Make us proud!

Last edited by rohansachar : 28th July 2017 at 18:09.
rohansachar is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:11   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
At this angle especially, the stance is pretty good! Moreover, the design elements especially give it a much wider feel.!
I wouldn't use this pic as reference though as there is a clear distortion at the sides due to lens angle and the fact that the i20 is parked a little behind than the other two; the i20 looks like an Eon in this pic.

Such shots for comparison should generally be taken with a 90-degree angle lens with all cars parked at the same starting position to eliminate distortion.

Last edited by dheepak10 : 28th July 2017 at 18:14.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:13   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Watch the ACI video review closely and notice the roads and their traffic in it, specially when a couple of Jeep Compass test mules zoom past the Nexon media drive car?

These are not Kerala roads at all!

This review/report was done much earlier than the official media drive dates, with a Nexon media drive car which was made available to ACI at/near the Ranjangaon facility.

(someone in the dedicated Nexon WhatsApp group mentioned the road areas seen in the ACI video as Shirur, near Pune)
Yes, bang on this is the same place were the Jeep Compass was tested off-road.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-compass1.jpg

Have marked things which I saw common in both of the video's. Notice the tree, stone and stones which are present in both videos.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-compass2.jpg

Well no need to explain these pictures.

But I would like to salute AutoCar India for not breaking the news and posting the review earlier like Overdrive. This was even way before the cars were given for the Media Drive.

On the side note: After the rainy season, the plants have grown quite well to change the look of the same terrain to fool the viewers and not think is the same location.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:19   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
I wouldn't use this pic as reference though as there is a clear distortion at the sides due to lens angle and the fact that the i20 is parked a little behind than the other two; the i20 looks like an Eon in this pic.

Such shots for comparison should generally be taken with a 90-degree angle lens with all cars parked at the same starting position to eliminate distortion.
Agreed, however the whole point of this view was the stance. Even in this angle, the height is clearly visible. Regarding width, your point may be valid. That's something an 'in flesh' feel would really give clarity on.
Old 28th July 2017, 18:25   #1634
Distinguished - BHPian

This should give a better dimension-wise perspective between the two arch rivals:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-df0jx4_uwaawuc3.jpg
(Source)
RavenAvi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 18:30   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Frankly, I've been unable to grasp this logic of a wristband to serve the purpose of keyless entry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

2. Goa beach hopping

Another fairly generic Use case:

If you go to a beach with your friends/family and all of you decide to dive-in, where do you keep your smart/idiot key? Most definitely not in your pocket!!

Actually, I saw this feature first in the Discovery 5 and wondered why not all cars have it! At one point I was even contemplating retrofitting this somehow.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks