Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2017, 00:08   #1666
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The actual embargo controversy is still raging on Twitter and social media. We want another one?

OD Mag was criticized heavily for breaking the embargo. Now they (along with few others) have come back at TATA Motors for showing favours to ACI alone in providing a media car 15 days prior and only to ACI.

Attachment 1661808

Edit - "That issue" in the tweet refers to ACI magazine copy with Nexon as the cover page and as its prime article, being made available on the stands the day media drives (and embargo) started.

Rather weak defence by OD.
An embargo is a gentleman's agreement and just because Autocar had early access is no justification for breaking it & penalizng all the other journos who stuck to it. And if they wanted to take a principled stance then why not publish their review openly instead of sneakily linking it in their first look images only post.
OD has just gone downhill ever since folks like Adil Darukhanawala & Sirish Chandran left. This stunt has just eroded their trust quotient for the meagre spike in visitors it got them.
Bad trade net-net and I hope Tata Motors blanks them out for their next launch.
Silverfire is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 00:11   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
No wonder.. as I said, the ACI review must be shot near Ranjangaon as same location was seen during Compass review. You can even see a Compass during this Nexon review
Yup your right, here you go.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4242420
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 00:19   #1668
BHPian

I followed this car with interest and even developed a liking for the design from the front and sides (though the back still looks overdone and, frankly, quite ugly), but the lack of an automatic transmission at launch has made it fall out of contention. I cannot wait till next year to purchase a vehicle, and I'm actually sad that I cannot have the Nexon as an option when it comes time to make the booking in September - October. :(
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 00:20   #1669
Senior - BHPian

As has been pointed out a few pages back, younger generation or millennials seem to be showing more interest in Tata cars. A friend's office is near local Tata showroom and I regularly see young newly-weds checking out Tiago/Tigor. And many actually buying it. In sharp contrast to conservative middle-age/older folks who just do not look past Maruti/Hyundai. Younger folks tend to be experimentative. Many of them also have this rebellious streak to go against parental stereotype advice. This should help Tata. And, Nexon should only take this game further.
Old 29th July 2017, 00:32   #1670
BHPian

Tiago, Tigor and Hexa were impressive on many parameters, but the Nexon looks like their most well rounded product yet!

The design is young, unconventional and funky, all in a good way! I absolutely love the way they have played around with the differently coloured elements on the exterior. Refreshing to say the least! The cabin looks like a really nice place to be in. Again, the choice of colours and materials on the interiors help the case. At least based on the looks, it seems quite pleasing and premium. However, I acknowledge the true understanding of quality would only be determined when we sit inside and get a feel of the real thing. Nexon scores high on practicality as well with many storage spaces and a good capacity boot. I like the way the rear seats fold away. The engines, based on the reviews, are also quite competent. The jury is still out though and will reserve my judgement based on the Official Team-BHP review and my own test drive of the vehicle. The suspension and steering feel also get a thumbs up from the reviewers. Not surprising as the most of the recent Tata cars score high on these parameters anyway!

There are some minor niggles as seen on these media drive cars but I'm optimistic that things will be better when the deliveries begin. Niggles are not something uncommon on pre-production vehicles.

I hope this the moment when people break free from the negative perception about Tata Motors and embrace what looks like a highly promising product by a home grown manufacturer, provided they price it right.

Correspondingly, Tata Motors should ensure a positive ownership experience for all its cars! This is a manufacturer that's definitely making all the right moves.

I sincerely hope that people's purchase decision would rest on the merits/de-merits of the Nexon rather than the badge on the car alone!
Old 29th July 2017, 00:50   #1671
BHPian

CarAndBike's review. Great visuals from the top angle - show the Nexon's considerable width.

He completely missed the folding cup-holders in the central console though. :P

spindoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 01:15   #1672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
CarAndBike's review. Great visuals from the top angle - show the Nexon's considerable width.
Oh yes, this baby is quite wide !

Btw, regarding that lose piece of plastic in one of the reviews - I wonder if the reviewier tried to atleast push it back in. Or if anyother review cars had the same problem
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 03:02   #1673
BHPian

The Instrument cluster has been shared with the Tiago and The Tigor. I remember the petrol and diesel cars had the same rev counter and so the red line wasn't marked inside. This was criticized as a cost cutting measure in the official review of these two cars, and as the same has been carried over to the Nexon I was expecting the same, but to my surprise, the rev needle changes to red colour as it approaches the red line for both the diesel and petrol and the marking wasn't really necessary in the rev counter. Is this also available in the Tiago and Tigor twins or is it exclusive to the Nexon? I don't remember seeing this feature on them. I like this tiny detail. It's not much but it looks nice! Attaching a screen shot from the MotorBeam review for reference.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1501277203178.jpg
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 06:51   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
...to my surprise, the rev needle changes to red colour as it approaches the red line for both the diesel and petrol and the marking wasn't really necessary in the rev counter. Is this also available in the Tiago and Tigor twins or is it exclusive to the Nexon? I don't remember seeing this feature on them. I like this tiny detail. It's not much but it looks nice! Attaching a screen shot from the MotorBeam review for reference.

Attachment 1661834
Yes the Tiago also has a tachometer needle that turns red when it goes past the threshold.
The Manza Club Class has had it from 2012.

Last edited by cogWheel : 29th July 2017 at 07:08.
cogWheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 07:01   #1675
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Rear AC vents with speed control. Don't think too many cars come with speed control for rear Ac vents
Those are just blowers, and not a/c vents. They take in air from the vents seen on the sides and blow them towards the rear.

That said, competition (Brezza, Ecosport, WRV) doesn't offer these as well - so it's a point for TATA either ways.
Old 29th July 2017, 07:08   #1676
Senior - BHPian

That design of rear blower is either a brilliant idea or a rip off, depending on how well it does the job. I had thought that all rear vents directly conduct cold air from the AC into the space and the more advanced ones also have a cooling coil inside them.

Does any other car have this kind of redistribution trick of a vent? If effective in increasing the cooling effect at the rear, as I said, it is a useful feature that is cheap to make as well.

@Nissan1180: So there are three designs floating around, with the ones with built in cooling coils being the most effective and the Nexon/Duster type the least so? I understand that the fourth is the worst - nothing at all.

Last edited by Sawyer : 29th July 2017 at 07:16.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 07:12   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Does any other car have this kind of redistribution trick of a vent? If effective in increasing the cooling effect at the rear, as I said, it is a useful feature that is cheap to make as well.
The Nissan Sunny had one, besides the Duster. It is good but takes longer to cool.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 07:26   #1678
Senior - BHPian

The Zigwheels review was really good. Good attention to detail and visuals. Well balanced as well. A few other points that came to my mind.
1. Due to the multiple surface finishes, colours and materials on the exterior, this is going to cost Tata more during production. So it's going to be a volume game if they have to price this well. Else they lose money.
2. I'm wondering if this white ceramic finish is going to start off a trend in the aftermarket for more such decals hopefully replacing the chrome overdose we see
3. The umbrella holder I feel is a gimmick and could have been avoided. Hopefully water seepage doesn't cause a problem.
4. Can we have this engine in the Tiago which would make it the most affordable hot hatch in the market ?
5. Folks who have seen the Nexon in flesh - any comments on how well do the wheels fill up those massive wheel wells ?
6. The rear seat back is split, the base tilts forward as well like on the Vista and Bolt freeing up good amount of space and an almost flattish base. There's so much talk of the "magic seats" in the Jazz. What more do those seats do ? Curious to know.
7. The blue body colour seems to have multiple shades in different angles from a nice darkish blue like the Hexa 's to a peacock blue. Nice.

Last edited by narayan : 29th July 2017 at 07:29.
Old 29th July 2017, 07:52   #1679
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
6. The rear seat back is split, the base tilts forward as well like on the Vista and Bolt freeing up good amount of space and an almost flattish base. There's so much talk of the "magic seats" in the Jazz. What more do those seats do ? Curious to know.
Base folds away backwards to help load tall items. A cycle or a couple of big plants, for example.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2015hondajazz14.jpg

A complete refresh mode for our friendly neighborhood 'saab' for long journeys.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2015hondajazz13.jpg

There is a big difference between "almost flat" and absolutely flat as well when loading Big items.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2015hondajazz21.jpg

That said, the more relevant competition against Nexon, the WRV from Honda does not offer magic seats even on the top end variant. Talk about having an USP and not using it!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th July 2017 at 07:58.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 08:09   #1680
Senior - BHPian

There are audio warnings in case the handbrake is engaged, doors are open when diving.. nice touches

Skip to 8:00 for that feature

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks