Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2017, 07:57   #1711
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
That's just prejudice! Hope you guys are old enough, if not you will have to see Tata bringing out great vehicles. No two ways about it. I have never owned a Tata, but have driven Indica. I hated it like anything. But the Nexon is different story.
Citing personal life in an open forum and comparing it to something else (the trials and tribulations) requires guts. Kudos to you, Doc. I wish you well and hope that you become the person worth emulating for all your peers, juniors and seniors.

It's not what you were that matters. It's about what you learnt from that and your willingness to do better. My best wishes to you.

Last edited by ampere : 30th July 2017 at 13:23. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
discoverwild is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 08:08   #1712
BHPian

Lot of 'war o' words' going on over the last week (read - through the media drives) on this forum! I expect the Nexon to burn the roads soon - if you get my gist!
Old 30th July 2017, 09:25   #1713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
That's just prejudice!
NEVER EVER WRITE SOMEONE OFF!
Thank you sharing your experience with us. It takes courage to admit that what you have said in the post.

Coming to the car itself, TATA might have come out with a exceptional product but the attitude of the dealers and every single person on the supply chain must reflect the same if past mistakes are not to be repeated.

For that to happen, it will take time. I am sure the Nexon is a very good product but will it be a very good product in the ownership experience is something that only time will tell.

Till then, there will be a lot of people who are on the fence and are wary of buying them. Their fault; if they miss out on a nice product, their relief; if they are not part of horror stories from the dealership.

Let's wait and see.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 09:45   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post

Till then, there will be a lot of people who are on the fence and are wary of buying them. Their fault; if they miss out on a nice product, their relief; if they are not part of horror stories from the dealership.
Well said. The wiser and perhaps older heads will choose the former on balance because it isn't like buying a share; they can always change their mind, buy after seeing how the car fares in the market and reap full benefits with nothing lost except the wait. I don't see a risk of having to pay a higher price for the car a year from now except perhaps for what is caused by inflation. The competition will ensure that.

There is always a price to be paid for pioneering; all that differs from case to case is how much.
Old 30th July 2017, 09:48   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Curious to know the reason behind her opinion. Some previous experiences ?
It's a bit of both. We were unfortunate enough to own a Indigo Diesel car which broke down very frequently - sometimes embarrassingly so in front of relatives. Also, a very wrong brand perception of Tata being a "cheap" car which people buy only when they don't have money to buy more premium cars (I completely disagree with this).

And yes, I agree it's 100% prejudice on her side. I, for one, am very interested and looking forward to the Nexon launch, but the point I was trying to make is that not everyone thinks the same way.
pathik is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 12:31   #1716
BHPian

When is the team-bhp review expected? I believe, all the journos have already told us everything that they could've told about the Nexon. Now I'm only awaiting the team-bhp scrutiny for those smaller yet significant things that only team-bhp review has. I hope the review comes before the test drive vehicles reach dealerships.
Old 30th July 2017, 12:53   #1717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Can someone who test drove the car throw light on engine noise levels esp. for Diesel?
I haven't driven the car yet but from what I could make out of the video reviews posted so far, the diesel does sound harsh.

People sitting inside the cabin would be experiencing the NVH levels after the sound passes through deadening layers and insulation, hence most reviewers driving the car would comment that the NVH levels are controlled. The real harshness of the engine would be known from the outside only.

To an extent, the diesel would be comparatively less noisy at lower RPMs (being a 4-cylinder does have it's advantages), but when the revs build up and the engine starts punching through it's paces, the sound levels will definitely increase. Cabin occupants won't know much as long as it isn't causing a disturbing ruckus, drowning out any other sounds all around.

Also, as long as it's a roar and not a whine, nobody will be complaining.

One video review which I found to be excellent. It's in Hindi, though:

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th July 2017 at 13:18. Reason: added link to a good video review in Hindi.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 14:03   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
One video review which I found to be excellent. It's in Hindi, though:
That was indeed a very good review. One thing that's a bit of a downer is the rear seat not being good for 3 people. Fold-flat seats would have been very useful too.
Old 30th July 2017, 17:30   #1719
srh
BHPian

Any news on warranty, ARAI fuel efficiency and AMC?
Old 30th July 2017, 19:50   #1720
BHPian

With the addition of Nexon, Tata motors showrooms now have a very good lineup of new products starting from tiago to tigor to nexon and finally to hexa. All these products have good VFM proposition and unique styling. This will help in increasing the appeal of tata motors as a brand and also encourage cross segment shopping.

They should price the lower variant of diesel similar to brezza ldi(o) but the higher variants should undercut the zdi+ by atleast 40k in order to lure the waitlisted customers of brezza.

I think if nexon manages to sell at least 2.5-3k units a month, it will seriously hurt the sales of ecosport.
Old 30th July 2017, 20:08   #1721
BHPian

A basic test of the nexon by autocar India, still too slow IMO!!
Expected a lot more out of 260nm
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1501425498747.jpg  

dhruvritzed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2017, 20:22   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Coming to the car itself, TATA might have come out with a exceptional product but the attitude of the dealers and every single person on the supply chain must reflect the same if past mistakes are not to be repeated.

For that to happen, it will take time. I am sure the Nexon is a very good product but will it be a very good product in the ownership experience is something that only time will tell.

Let's wait and see.
IMHO the Tiago sales figures speaks volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
IMHO at the end for a consumer in this segment the real world drivability is what matters, as these figures don't give the complete picture.
Old 30th July 2017, 20:37   #1723
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but which color is the Nexon diesel ? and which are the other 2 colors? And also as it is a copyrighted content, i would suggest taking it down and only sharing the relevant figures as text .
Old 30th July 2017, 20:38   #1724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but which color is the Nexon diesel ? and which are the other 2 colors?
In the media drive, the diesels were Blue
Old 30th July 2017, 20:38   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but which color is the Nexon diesel ? and which are the other 2 colors? And also as it is a copyrighted content, i would suggest taking it down and only sharing the relevant figures as text .
These are the three modes of the diesel engine, fastest being the sport, then city , then eco.
dhruvritzed is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks