Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 13:17   #1861
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Such a conflicting review. That's why we just can't trust these "paid automotive journalists". Some are saying petrol engine is better, some are saying diesel engine is better, some are saying both are lackluster and some are saying both are good. Goes on to show that Team-BHP review is worth it's weight in gold.

And somebody ask this "genius" that if the the engine produces it's peak torque from 2000 rpm then how come the car starts pulling only after 3000 rpm? All seems to paid crap.

All but Just One Review (PD) so far has said that Petrol is better. Every one else has been impressed with the Diesel.

Old 7th August 2017, 13:25   #1862
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
All but Just One Review (PD) so far has said that Petrol is better. Every one else has been impressed with the Diesel.
You mean - only one reviewer so far has said petrol is bad. But everyone is impressed by the diesel ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 13:28   #1863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You mean - only one reviewer so far has said petrol is bad. But everyone is impressed by the diesel ?
That's the only review (from the 13-16 reviews that I might have seen online) that has picked the petrol over the Diesel.

Else the Diesel has been the unanimous pick.

Old 7th August 2017, 14:32   #1864
BHPian

Looks like the same issue all over again - Interests peaked during media drive and slowly waning before the product launch
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nex.jpg
dheepak10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 14:43   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Looks like the same issue all over again - Interests peaked during media drive and slowly waning before the product launch
What ultimately matters is the interest of the "buyers" in the Product.. and how long it lasts
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 14:51   #1866
Senior - BHPian

I won't pick a petrol Tata. Somehow they never get it right. Diesel has been their strength so that should be the preference if someone is inclined to buy Nexon.

Also, their product launch strategy is deeply flawed. Media drives and ad campaigns should happen simultaneously with the launch. It's absolutely ridiculous to expect a customer get interested and then keep on waiting for the launch. Same thing happened with Compass but they overcame it by pricing it fantastically which I hope Tata can do as well.

Last edited by harry10 : 7th August 2017 at 14:52.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 14:51   #1867
Senior - BHPian

My friend booked Nexon (Tier II city in Kerala) last week. That dealer received 5-6 bookings.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 15:00   #1868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
https://Youtu.be/pCvqOpeOOwA

Autocar now comes up with a review of the petrol variant, this time shot at the media event in Idukki.
I wonder why the review did not show the average FE reading ( maybe there is an embargo on that ).

also the reviewer looked like Hormazd Sorabjee's son ?
Old 7th August 2017, 15:13   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Attachment 1664571
Totally agree with you. Similar thing happened at the time of bolt and zest as well.

Now as if to garnish the souffle with a blob of lard, Tata won't be able meet the initial demand and leading to unwanted waiting periods.

So the sequence of events might be:-
1. Excessive delay in launch.
2. Rivals given enough time to prepare their offerings (example updated Ecosport).
3. Excessive wait raising hopes for unrealistic pricing and quick delivery.
4. Waning interest. (Already reached this stage)
5. Launch at price that can't match the unrealistic expectations leading to cancellation of few bookings.
6. Delay in initial delivery putting off god sent customers who straight away walk to the nearest Ford/Maruti Suzuki showroom.
7. Tata management amused at the heavy cancellations of the bookings by early customers.

I can't help but remember the face of the Tata salesman who gleefully quoted 2 months waiting period for zest only to call me back after 15 days and informing me of immediate delivery for most colours.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th August 2017 at 20:01. Reason: Typos.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 15:16   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I wonder why the review did not show the average FE reading ( maybe there is an embargo on that ).

Nope he is Nikhil Bhatia. I guess he came as a replacement for Kartikeya Shinghee. I miss Kartikeya, his style of presentation was awesome and was truly a natural.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 15:32   #1871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

His name is Nikhil Bhatia and he has been around since 2008-09 in ACI

Last edited by payeng : 7th August 2017 at 15:34.
Old 7th August 2017, 15:48   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
I saw Powerdrift review mentioning 11kpl as average fuel efficiency for petrol while 15kpl for diesel. The numbers are pretty low to be confidence inspiring but I guess the reviewers weren't exactly aiming for stellar fuel efficiency.
Old 7th August 2017, 15:57   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
So the sequence of events might be:-
1. Excessive delay in launch.
2. Rivals given enough time to prepare their offerings (example updated Ecosport).
3. Excessive wait raising hopes for unrealistic pricing and quick delivery.
4. Waining interest. (Already reached this stage)
5. Lunch at price that can't match the unrealistic expectations leading to cancellation of few bookings.
6. Delay in initial delivery putting off god sent customers who straight away walk to the nearest Ford/Maruti Suzuki showroom.
7. Tata management amused at the heavy cancellations of the bookings by early customers.
Thank you fuelinmyveins - perfect summary - hope Ratan Tata sees this. This exactly Tata way of doing things and they dont have any car which hits more than 5000 + monthly for atleast one year..... after Indica. I sympathize with this company and my fear is that with these numbers they may close the PCBU soon. This exactly the reason I asked what is the differentiator in Nexon compared to say for example Ertiga which is a family mover. But I got beaten on this forum trying to educate me on things like where Nexon will fit etc ( they were trying to say it may address the spill over sales from Brezza and Ecosport). The point here is that I am true Tata fan and have 3 vehicles Safari, Manza and Nano XTA driving more than 2 lakh kms in them without any problem but people try to educate me on Tata vehicles
My worry is vehicle after vehicle they are not getting a trend setter. Spill over sales from the segment is not enough for Tata now. They need to get profitable as soon as possible. That is why I asked they should have a killer variant like 4x4 in Nexon atleast as an option to beat everything in the segment hands down - but the esteemed members on the forum retaliated telling that the platform does not support it. My question is who cares if the platform does not support. why launch a product again which does not create a USP and again suffer losses. My worry here is that already they are planning to stop Nano and things like tyres will not be available as spares given the unique size and MRF may not manufacture if there are no volumes. I clearly see PCBU closing with these numbers soon. They have to do something radical like Safari and Sierra in early 90s to define and rule a segment not trying to handle spill over sales given the herd mentality of Maruti and Hyundai with our population. Only a owner like me can understand the pain of not getting something like tyre. I plan to own nano for another 10 years and believe me I have the same problem on my great Yezdi Roadking ( Yezdi tyre size is unique so no replacement now given that MRF and Ceat have stopped making them) Atleast for this I want PCBU to be alive for a decade. So gurus please stop justifying how great Tata cars are. I have enough proof and have enjoyed 2 Lakh kms in them and hopefully a few lakh more. I rest my thoughts
power ranger is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 15:58   #1874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I saw Powerdrift review mentioning 11kpl as average fuel efficiency for petrol while 15kpl for diesel. The numbers are pretty low to be confidence inspiring but I guess the reviewers weren't exactly aiming for stellar fuel efficiency.
The figures from first drives are always meant to be taken with a pinch of salt, this includes a lot of idling while the features and instructions are being given to the driver. I remember seeing some video on youtube. I believe the credible FE figures are the once claimed by an owner after full to tank full run.
Old 8th August 2017, 06:44   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
My worry here is that already they are planning to stop Nano and things like tyres will not be available as spares given the unique size and MRF may not manufacture if there are no volumes.
Good reminder; once Nano production is stopped, I shall change the tyres on mine that are now 4 years old and still in excellent condition!

You make some good points, and one can only hope that lessons have been learnt by Tata. That said, service quality has not changed all that much in four years. I would therefore credit the "herd" mentality of car buyers in India with more brains than of a herd. The consistently good performance of Maruti and Hyundai also therefore deserves more respect than just ascribing it to the emotion of a herd.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks