Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 21:42   #2086
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

From Autocar India:

Quote:
We hear Tata is looking at pricing the Nexon aggressively, with prices likely to start at just over Rs 6 lakh for the base petrol version and topping off at Rs 9.5 lakh for the top-spec diesel. All pointers suggest the Nexon could be Tata’s Swift moment – the car that changes its image for good.
http://www.autocarindia.com/car-revi...ad-test-405897

If the pricing turns out to be true, then the last statement might just happen for TM.
da_lowrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 10:03   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nexon AMT variant spied from up close
Thanks for that Avi. This however should have been making the right noises at launch, rather than being kept as a best kept secret for later. Could it be sourcing and production issues with Magneti Marelli?

Other things that I couldn't help but observe was this soured car does have the touted floating screen (thank God!) But not the tambour console nor push start button. Could it be an XZ version, which makes sense why the manual is being presented as XZ+?

Hunch says we will get to read a news article soon saying Tata launches AMT version in Nexon XZ variant; thus continuing this appalling and confounding trend in pretty much all launches these days of not getting automatic launches in the top end.

Last edited by ampere : 9th September 2017 at 18:29. Reason: Removed video link
Old 9th September 2017, 12:48   #2088
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not understand. Going by the sales of the Tiago AMT and the recent posiitve sentiment in the market that they have managed to build, one would expect them to come out all guns blazing. After the Tiago, the Nexon has generated a lot of interest. Even the 15L+ Hexa is managing to do decent numbers. Tata should have taken advantage of this and launched the AMT variants right from the start. Look at Maruti. Even for a hot selling car ever since its inception, they still launched MT and AT combinations across the range for Dzire. I do not understand why even after so much time and money, they launch half bakes products. A simple market survey these days would tell that there are enough buyers out there looking for AT cars. No AT in the Tigor and now a long wait for the Nexon AT. Who knows how the car will fare by then. Its an all out war in the passenger car industry these days. One would expect a company like Tata who are trying to resurrect the brand to atleast armour its product to the maximum and then let it fight it out with the competition.
drmohitg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 13:29   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I had called Concorde yesterday and they confirmed that Nexon is available (for test drive). Looks like she thought I was asking about Hexa.
Just called them right now & the lady said & i quote" No Sir, Tata Nexon is still in Transit & not yet in our Showroom"

I even asked whether any other outlet have it & again the reply was a firm NO.

Totally Shocking to know that none of the four TATA owned showroom in bangalore have one display car of their eagerly awaited SUV.
Old 9th September 2017, 14:26   #2090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
I even asked whether any other outlet have it & again the reply was a firm NO.
Saw the nexon at Prerna Rajajinagar today morning while driving through. Planning to check it out today evening. No test drive car yet & expected only after 21st
Old 9th September 2017, 15:34   #2091
BHPian

Big Show-Down is live : Tata Nexon vs Maruti Vitara Brezza
Guess who is the winner here ?

amrutmhatre90 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 16:03   #2092
Distinguished - BHPian

It is clear that Tata has put in the hard yards where it really counts: ride and handling, drivability and refinement. Going by the Tiago and Hexa, it is safe to expect top notch build quality too.

You now buy Tata products for the serious engineering put into them, not just for gimmicky touchscreens, and push button start. Things are looking good.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 16:24   #2093
BHPian

It would be interesting to see price difference between petrol and diesel.
Both engines are homegrown and both comes with Variable Geometry Turbochargers.

Also diesel cars no longer enjoy very high priority over petrol due to the reasons We know.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 9th September 2017 at 16:28.
Old 9th September 2017, 16:55   #2094
BHPian

Well just like my last visit, came back from this one from the showroom even more impressed.

Apparently was the first customer in the city to get a test drive ! One thing to be pointed out is the way that TATA folks have gone out of the way to treat a customer who won't even be buying the car from this city. I had clarified this in the first visit itself, still have been treated so well, whatever happens, cannot forget that part of the experience.

Anyway coming to the test drive. The first look of the car when I approached the showroom :

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1504955039.964811.jpg

As soon as I sat in the car, the advisor started telling me about the car and I politely informed him that I know all there is to know and I just want to drive the car.

Adjusted the seat to my satisfaction and I have to say that everything falls so easily to hand. The armrest is so good for my height and use. When the hand is resting on the arm rest, the mode control knob is in the natural reach of the arm! Good positioning for the knob ergonomically.

So I slot the car into first gear and move out towards the traffic and I'm a little surprised! Surprised because I cannot actually believe this gearbox is from a Tata vehicle. Such sure slotting gearbox with clean gates. Whatever the reviews may say on the internet, I will not agree that the car has a notchy gear knob. ( Believe me I know, have been driving an Aria for 6 years 1.4l kms)

Another positive was absolutely no vibrations on the gear knob. Nada! Nil!

Surely the car would sound coarse under acceleration ( was in sport mode at the start) I thought. Switched off the ac, mute the music ( Do I need to elaborate how awesome the system is? Okay for reference was playing a song at stock settings at volume 13/30 and over Bluetooth, but the sound was so crisp and amazing. Perfect acoustics) and then accelerated the car hard. Well well! Another surprise, the car has superb NVH in that scenario too ( save for some tyre noise, which at 110 km/hr and those goodyear tyres is expected)

The sales advisor asked me to take it on a sort of an off road path along the way to check the suspension and it reaffirmed every bit of praise that new age tata cars get. Very good insulation and lovely ride quality.

The steering is fairly light at city speeds and almost like a semi-hydraulic unit at triple digit speeds ! Very confidence inspiring. The ac was a chiller as well and had to lower the fan speed to keep myself from freezing. The Eco mode is pretty much useless and can only be used when you need to cruise in a relaxed manner on long straight highways. The City mode offers the perfect balance between the two and the sport mode, well all I can say is that it was the mode of my choice most of the drive.

The engine is very tractable and I took a U-turn once and the car picked up from 3rd gear without any fuss. The low end torque is very very good.

In the last part of the drive for 2-3 kms asked the advisor to drive the car so that I can check the backseat space and comfort. He was very chuffed, since even he hadn't driven the car except for bringing it out of the porch of the showroom to the service lane for me. He also kept asking me questions about the car, saying that they hardly know anything about it and hence asking me for the feedback.

By the time we were approaching the showroom, the advisor started getting calls for next customers who had started coming in for the test drive of this lovely vehicle.

So this ended a 20 km long test drive. To sum it all up about the car, all I can say is that yes the views can sound a bit biased since I like the car, but to all people who are on the fence, all I would say is just sit in the driver seat once, and the amazing feeling that you get of those plush interiors will make up your mind. Add to that the brilliant engine, a world class sound setup, amazing ride quality and you just cannot fault the vehicle.

A parting shot, going for the second test drive!

Sigh! Sad that the drive was over, but remember I had you first

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1504956243.975033.jpg

And will soon have you again!

Last edited by Aditya : 10th September 2017 at 13:52. Reason: Formatting
akhil994 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 18:21   #2095
Distinguished - BHPian

Received on WhatsApp.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 19:28   #2096
BHPian

Went and checked out the Tata Nexon on display at Prerna Motors, Lalbagh! The car feels far more impressive in person than in the photos I've seen so far. I feel it will have good road presence since the design is striking and the size is large enough despite its 4 metre limitations. It's amazing how Tata Motors are making their cars ever so desirable!

The interiors feel a lot more premium than the Brezza and the current generation Ecosport. Plastic quality, fit and finish is good for the segment. The seats felt comfortable and the car is very spacious inside. The doors weigh nicely but don't close with a solid thunk. The sound is similar to what you hear on closing the doors of the Vento. So maybe the build quality could be comparable to the Vento.

I was told to expect a price range of 7-9.5 lacs e-showroom. Test drives aren't available right now but may start in a week's time.

Clicked some pics. While I was highly impressed with the stationary car, there were a few not so good things.

The goof stuff first-

A view of the Sapphire Blue Tata Nexon XZ+ on Display at Prerna Motors. I feel its large enough to differentiate itself from premium hatchbacks
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon1.jpg

A small portion of the black cladding sticks out to protect the metal at the rear
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon2.jpg

A closer look at the detailing on the tail lights
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon3.jpg

The central console. The ICE display doesn't seem to hinder the view out of the car.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon4.jpg

The use of the colours inside the car is very tasteful. Hide the badge and you'd be forgiven for thinking you're sitting inside a European car!
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon5.jpg

The arm rest is usable. The Drive Mode selector knob is good to hold. All of these along with the handbrake lever and sliding tambour door feel premium.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon6.jpg

Not sure whether this is a HD screen or not but the display is crisp. It's also decently responsive to touch. Much better than the one on the Tigor.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon7.jpg

Has Bass, Mid & Treble control. No surprises that the audio quality is top notch!
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon8.jpg

Apologies for this pic. But the idea is to show the view from the ORVM, which seems decent.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon9.jpg

There is good under thigh support from the rear seats and I like the seats in general. Not to soft not to hard. Should be a comfortable place for rear occupants.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon10.jpg

Front seats adjusted to my height 5ft 8in. Acres of knee & leg room at the rear!
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon11.jpg

A view of the central console from the rear
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon12.jpg

Nifty hooks provided in the boot on both sides
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon13.jpg

How the Nexon looks standing beside the XUV500 & Tigor
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon14.jpg

Now for some bad bits. Steering tilt is adjusted to my liking. See how it blocks the instrument cluster. Really hate this. Was the same case in Tigor. Complete ergonomic failure. Everything else seems to fall to hand though.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon15.jpg

The pedals seem well spaced but...
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon16.jpg

The space near the dead pedal is too small. I'm wearing a size 10 sandal and it seemed to interfere with the clutch pedal when I tried to lift my feet from the dead pedal.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon17.jpg

Tata Motors have provided slots to tuck away the rear seat belts when not in use but I must say the execution of this slot is not great. Looks like an after thought.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon18.jpg

red.devil_19 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 20:20   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Big Show-Down is live : Tata Nexon vs Maruti Vitara Brezza
Guess who is the winner here ?

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=i1Pd1v1A38w
Nexon totally trounces the Vitara Brezza. I did not realise that VB has cruise control, this is a miss from Tata. But in all other parameters like ride quality, space, engine refinement, NVH etc the Nexon is a better vehicle.
Well done Tata, may you taste massive success with this car.

This car has the potential to put Tata on the map. Go Tata!
hiren.mistry is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 20:24   #2098
BHPian

Visited the new TATA Motors showroom on Sohna road. I must say that I was impressed with the look and feel of the showroom. Feels like Tata motors is moving in the right direction.

As for the car, saw a NEXON parked outside the showroom under wraps. Got a sneak peak on insistence from me and another customer. The car looks really nice and feels much more premium than the competition. The showroom guys were extremely reluctant to allow me to take the pictures but as a BHPian I couldn't help but click a few. Attaching the same below.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170909_162436.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170909_162505.jpg  

fuelinmyveins is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 20:27   #2099
BANNED

Pasting the brochure that I received from Hyderabad concorde.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nexon.pdf (403.3 KB, 551 views)

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2017 at 09:44. Reason: Uploading PDF. Thanks for sharing :)
ottocycle is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 20:57   #2100
BHPian

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_20170909204941.png

Here's what ottocycle posted.

Question : why name a variant xz+ when there's no xz?

Isn't it economical to avoid the +

Looking at the XE equipment, I'm expecting this to be priced fantastically.

Last edited by 400notout : 9th September 2017 at 21:04. Reason: Added comment
400notout is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks