Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2017, 21:14   #2101
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Question : why name a variant xz+ when there's no xz?
For the simple reason that they could launch it later. TATA is into a new game of introducing the middle variants later on. Today, they launched the XM variant of TIGOR. There is a huge gap between XT & XZ+ variants in terms of features. So, delete some of the not-so-necessary features & maybe provide AMT and you can keep in check the final price of the product. But comparing to Vitara Brezza feature wise, lack of Cruise Control, Auto Headlights & Auto Wipers, is a downer. I'm hoping for price range of 6-8 for Petrol models & 7-9 for Diesel models. Add another 0.5 for AMT.
Old 9th September 2017, 22:24   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
For the simple reason that they could launch it later. TATA is into a new game of introducing the middle variants later on. Today, they launched the XM variant of TIGOR. There is a huge gap between XT & XZ+ variants in terms of features. So, delete some of the not-so-necessary features & maybe provide AMT and you can keep in check the final price of the product. But comparing to Vitara Brezza feature wise, lack of Cruise Control, Auto Headlights & Auto Wipers, is a downer. I'm hoping for price range of 6-8 for Petrol models & 7-9 for Diesel models. Add another 0.5 for AMT.
Absolutely correct.

Now there's a smart Maruti guy at the helm of affairs and hence these 'business strategy' change.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 22:44   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
For the simple reason that they could launch it later. TATA is into a new game of introducing the middle variants later on. Today, they launched the XM variant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Absolutely correct.

Now there's a smart Maruti guy at the helm of affairs and hence these 'business strategy' change.
The Tigor variants anyway made no sense as the xz was the only variant with safety features. It was one of the main criticisms of the car. How does introducing an XM variant help there?

And is adding a lower variant same as adding a probable second from top variant?

I would seriously like to know more about this strategy.
Old 9th September 2017, 23:00   #2104

Quote:
For the simple reason that they could launch it later. TATA is into a new game of introducing the middle variants later on. ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
And is adding a lower variant same as adding a probable second from top variant?

I would seriously like to know more about this strategy.
In this case, I agree with @arif_t01 about the introduction of the variant sometime later. We all know AMT is coming and it is going to be in the XZ variant as is the case with the industry. Nothing more, nothing less.
5hadow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 00:35   #2105
BHPian

Given the way the base variant is specced, a base price of 4.99 is not unlikely. It will be only introductory in any case. Base price of below 5 Lakh will create a buzz and will attract footfalls in big number.
Old 10th September 2017, 00:42   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Given the way the base variant is specced, a base price of 4.99 is not unlikely. It will be only introductory in any case. Base price of below 5 Lakh will create a buzz and will attract footfalls in big number.
I guess we will next have people who will expect it to be priced at 1.99 lakhs undercutting the Nano.

Hatchbacks like the Baleno start at around 5.5 lakhs and to expect a car like the Nexon, with a turbocharged engine, 6 speed manual , excellent build quality to start at 4.99 lakhs is unrealistic especially considering the positioning as an SUV which for what ever reason commands a premium.

5.99 should be possible though, but I am personally expecting it to be priced around 6.2-6.3.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 10th September 2017 at 00:52.
Ragavsr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 01:33   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
I guess we will next have people who will expect it to be priced at 1.99 lakhs undercutting the Nano.

Hatchbacks like the Baleno start at around 5.5 lakhs and to expect a car like the Nexon, with a turbocharged engine, 6 speed manual , excellent build quality to start at 4.99 lakhs is unrealistic especially considering the positioning as an SUV which for what ever reason commands a premium.

5.99 should be possible though, but I am personally expecting it to be priced around 6.2-6.3.
Sir some would even expect initial batch of NEXONs to be given away for free. But still the naysayers will have a doubt about its potential as they may think that TATA has done some black magic on their cars

The sales guy at HARTON TATA in gurgaon was tight lipped about the pricing but the sales guy at ARYA TATA was claiming that diesel models would be priced sightly lower than Vitara BREZZA spec. to spec.

Last edited by fuelinmyveins : 10th September 2017 at 01:37.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 03:08   #2108
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, glad they've included ABS & Airbags from the base variant. We must always acknowledge & appreciate that effort from car makers.

Revotron (petrol) with 170NM Peak Torque Rev Range of 1750-4000RPM is pretty wide (across 2250 RPM). That, along with the 6th cog in the gearbox will help hugely in highways.

Given that they would've studied the tolerances of the old petrol Revotron engine (albeit with a new turbocharger), they could program the ECU of the AMT to follow the optimum shift pattern Tata should've launched the AMT Petrol Nexon.

The Diesel engine is new & IMO Tata should be able to sort out any improvements that are necessary after a year of studying real-world "customer usage patterns". (I'm NOT calling it unreliable, don't jump on me, even Honda made improvements for iDtec.)

XT variant gets plastic wheel covers but Actually, the design of the wheel covers are is very good. Few will miss the machine cut alloy wheels IMHO.

Good to see automatic climate control in the XT.

Questions,
Day Night IRVM is considered to be called as a safety feature in this segment ? (Actually asking coz these days we never know the bean counting standards!)

Is there a way to deactivate the voice message of drive mode selector? Many may find this annoying after a few months of ownership.

Now a few disappointments at what XT doesn't get :
Driver seat height adjustment!
Front armrest!
Rear seat 60:40 split & even cupholders
Front/rear fog lights!
Rear defogger!

Also, XZ+ should've had atleast low cost PU leather upholstery.

They clearly want buyers to go for the XZ+ variant, which I'm told will touch 12L OTR Bangalore for the diesel.

Will that be good enough to knock off some numbers from EcoSport, WR-V & Brezza? (& If the introductory price is kept at mouth watering levels, then cross-shopping could come into play & maybe it'll knock off the numbers from a few others too.) Hope they do, because it's the year end & since quite a few will choose to push the purchase to January, it'll be hard to gain visibility if sales numbers don't do well initially.

Let's see.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 10th September 2017 at 03:34.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 08:02   #2109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
4.99 is just impossible. That would undercut the Zest as well, IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post

5.99L would be the shock pricing this car deserves to get a brilliant start. Over the years they can increase it to 6.3 - 6.5L as all other manufacturers do as well.

I have a feeling Tata will achieve this pricing, the way entry level variants as specced.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 08:26   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Tata would be targeting not only Brezza and EcoSport but Baleno and i20 as well. For some this would be compact SUV, for some a premium hatch. As long as numbers come in, I don't think Tata would mind.
Old 10th September 2017, 08:37   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
4.99 is just impossible. That would undercut the Zest as well, IIRC.
You are right. 5.99 is more likely, but we will see. Tata needs this car to bring volumes and they have got most of the things right so far and only pricing is the last piece that remains to fall in the right place.
Old 10th September 2017, 08:39   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
We all know AMT is coming and it is going to be in the XZ variant as is the case with the industry. Nothing more, nothing less.
The AMT will be the XZA, or the XTA, does not really explain why no XZ as of now. And what is the benefit in bringing this variant later?

I guess this is just to match the variant with ZXI/ZDI+ of the Brezza. Just so that the Nexon top variant doesn't feel any less special. The plus is just a positive vibe.
Old 10th September 2017, 08:53   #2113
BHPian

Posting larger version of the brochure shared in the previous post. The variant packaging is quite weird. There is hardly any difference between XM and XT. And a massive difference between XT and XZ+.

Given experience with recent launches - Tiago, Tigor and Hexa (and non-Tata Motors ones like Innova Crysta), the market demand seems to be maximum for the top-end variant. And Tata Motors seems to be playing to this market.

Still i personally think, a XZ variant at launch would have made more sense. You wouldn't want to lose a customer who would find XZ+ out of reach and XT too bland.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.png

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2.png

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3.png

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.png
sachinayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 09:06   #2114
PCS
BHPian

Why on earth the Xz+ Variant should have alloy wheel and wheel cover. Is it a mistake ?

Last edited by PCS : 10th September 2017 at 09:07. Reason: Removing dots
Old 10th September 2017, 09:31   #2115
BHPian

Tyre sizes are mentioned as 195/60 r16 in lower variant and 215/60 r16 for top end. Another typo?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks