Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 17:55   #2191
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Sunroof as an "accessory" = something done at the dealership/workshop level? That would be a blunder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Sunroof is currently offered for the Hexa as well as a dealership level accessory.
Cannot get this. How can sunroof be an accessory? That basically means roof itself is a plug and play device and not factory fitted? Just wondering what all quality issues it can lead to !!
Old 12th September 2017, 18:06   #2192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Cannot get this. How can sunroof be an accessory? That basically means roof itself is a plug and play device and not factory fitted? Just wondering what all quality issues it can lead to !!
Yes. It is an accessory. The vendor is Webasto, and they are OEM supplier to many brands. They would cut open your roof as per the required dimensions and install the sunroof.

Here's a YouTube video of an installation done similarly on the TATA Hexa -

Webasto is a very genuine brand, and hence the only concern, and quite a big one at that, would be on the quality of installation.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 18:19   #2193
BHPian

Quote:

Here's a YouTube video of an installation done similarly on the TATA Hexa
Noob question: Is this how all sunroofs work? I mean does the window slide over the roof? Though I've seen sunroofs have never seen one working. I supposed it would go in a cavity in the roof like the windows
Old 12th September 2017, 18:47   #2194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Noob question: Is this how all sunroofs work? I mean does the window slide over the roof? Though I've seen sunroofs have never seen one working. I supposed it would go in a cavity in the roof like the windows
There are both kinds of sunroofs. Some have an elaborate thick in-roof resign where the cap slides "inside" the roof. And then there is the other type where the cap pops out from back and slides backwards, over the roof.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 19:39   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Webasto is a very genuine brand, and hence the only concern, and quite a big one at that, would be on the quality of installation.
To my understanding, the installation is also done by Webasto trained staff, not by dealer staff. I think I read about it somewhere by a HEXA owner.
arif_t01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 23:09   #2196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
My hypothesis
Brezza will continue to do 12k-14k

Nexon max to max 4k. Not beyond that.
Let the Nexon hit the roads first.

I get I feeling that in 1-2 years the numbers might reverse. i.e The Nexon (14-15K) and the Brezza (3-4K) per month of numbers.

ABOUT BRAND IMAGE:

The Best thing that has happened to Tata thanks to OLA - UBER (at least in NCR) is that ANY CAR BUT a TATA now is a TAXI.

Not even one Tiago or Tigor that I now see frequently on the NCR roads has been seen as a Taxi.

Last edited by payeng : 12th September 2017 at 23:10.
payeng is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 23:22   #2197
Distinguished - BHPian

A short video showing the cornering fog lamps in action on the Tata Nexon's XZ+ variant.

Also, AMT details of the Nexon from the owner's manual.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th September 2017 at 23:26.
RavenAvi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 00:15   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A short video showing the cornering fog lamps in action on the Tata Nexon's XZ+ variant.
Love the dimming effect of the Fog lamps upon shifting sides! In XUV / Polo / Creta it is a sharp cut off..
Waiting desperately for the Official Review, to actually sum up all these little feel good qualities of the NEXON mentioned in the last nearly 150 pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Also, AMT details of the Nexon from the owner's manual.
C'mon TATA give us the AMT at Launch! It will be by far, the most loaded product in its segment.
Also, All TD mentions are currently about the Diesel, hasn't the Petrol option reached dealerships yet?
Old 13th September 2017, 07:19   #2199
Senior - BHPian

I'm pretty sure it's a good thing that the sales will be ~5k mark. The exclusivity will remain.

Not that I don't what Tata to do more, but once any car pushes to 15k/month, that uniqueness withers off.

Btw, I think Tata is also waiting for the Team BHP review before they launch the Nexon on 21st!
GrammarNazi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 07:34   #2200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Btw, I think Tata is also waiting for the Team BHP review before they launch the Nexon on 21st!
No, no .. I think TBHP is waiting for the launch to release the TBHP Official Review
condor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 08:53   #2201
Sac
BHPian

Yes I think they are waiting for the Price reveal to put things in context. True Team Bhp style.
Old 13th September 2017, 09:59   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Is it the best color on Nexon? grey looks awesome. It hides most of the flashy exterior design elements and project ceramic belt line better comparing to all other colors.

pic credit Akula@ TAI forum
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon_grey.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 13th September 2017 at 10:02.
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 10:02   #2203
BHPian

I had the pleasure of test driving both petrol and diesel Nexon yesterday, when a colleague had asked them to come to our office.

The showroom sales advisor came with a diesel variant. The interiors are what stand out. In my opinion that is the weakest part of the Brezza and that's where Nexon nails it.

We then drove the Nexon for 6 kms on the way to the showroom. The diesel engine loves to be driven and is excellent. The pickup is smooth, in traffic experience is nice. Customer looking for diesel engine variant is bound to be happy in this segment. You have the ever reliable Multijet, along with the 2 good engines in Ford and Tata. The Ford should be upgraded soon, so lets wait and watch if it becomes even better.

The return trip from the showroom was in the petrol variant. This was a red colored Nexon, and thats where the disappointment began. In my personal opinion, this is the worst color on Nexon, no offence to anyone. The petrol engine takes bit of effort to get going. There is non sufficient power below 2000 RPM and you need to work through gears to get it going otherwise you will get honked in traffic signals. Once past 2000 RPM the engine frees up but then the 3 cylinder clatter starts becoming evident.

To those considering the Nexon, diesel is clearly worth buying. However for petrol buyers, I think we have seen many engines that are better, and few more are coming which should be better like Ecosport and the 1.5 on S-Cross expected early next year.

Last edited by autorahul : 13th September 2017 at 10:16.
autorahul is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 13:48   #2204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is it the best color on Nexon? grey looks awesome. It hides most of the flashy exterior design elements and project ceramic belt line better comparing to all other colors.

pic credit Akula@ TAI forum
Absolutely agree with you. I love this shade the most too. Always like understated looks over loud show-off. This shade makes the car look more suited up rather than in fatigues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post

To those considering the Nexon, diesel is clearly worth buying. However for petrol buyers, I think we have seen many engines that are better, and few more are coming which should be better like Ecosport and the 1.5 on S-Cross expected early next year.
Very valuable test drive report indeed. As expected, the 1.5 Revotorq seems to be a wonderful power unit. And alas, petrol engine continues to be dead ballast that pulls otherwise good Tata cars down...

I have always been sure that they made a mess of things by not using this prime opportunity to bring a good 4 cyl 1.2 Turbo. Unless all the possible designs of 4 cyl 1.2 engines that they made were exploding within 4 strokes, I see no reason why they did not pursue this design approach.

A jugaad engine powering a product that is supposed to pull a company division from the depths of frequent losses.
Old 13th September 2017, 14:42   #2205
BHPian

I found the below information while browsing TAI forum.

Source: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post548215

Hi guys, I was in TATA showroom in Bangalore. fortunately I met my old friend there who is working for TML and he answered our many question regarding nexon including price according to him price for xz+ on road Bangalore will ₹ 10,54,000/- he said TML wants to keep price below 11 lakhs and they already have 3000+ bookings so they started loading cars.
prasathlr is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed