Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2017, 14:51   #2206
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
Hi guys, I was in TATA showroom in Bangalore. fortunately I met my old friend there who is working for TML and he answered our many question regarding nexon including price according to him price for xz+ on road Bangalore will ₹ 10,54,000/-
If this is the case, then Nexon might sit and fight with already over crowded segment of hatches/cross overs (Baleno, I20, I20 Active, Jazz/WR-V) which are a segment below Brezza & Ecosport. So, mass market might ignore their consideration of Nexon as a C-SUV . Brezza and Ecosport might continue their run with out any impact from Nexon.

Last edited by Hickstead : 13th September 2017 at 14:55.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 15:02   #2207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I found the below information while browsing TAI forum.

Source: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post548215

Hi guys, I was in TATA showroom in Bangalore. fortunately I met my old friend there who is working for TML and he answered our many question regarding nexon including price according to him price for xz+ on road Bangalore will ₹ 10,54,000/- he said TML wants to keep price below 11 lakhs and they already have 3000+ bookings so they started loading cars.
If true, that is dream pricing! Fingers crossed.

Also, TML should use this opportunity to stop selling the STORME altogether .

People like me who want to buy a STORME also will cancel the idea & book a Nexon instead given that A Storme VX that still doesn't get most of Nexon's comfort and utility features (not to mention FE) costs a good 5 lakh more. Forget about other competition, the first victim of the Nexon will be within a Tata showroom...

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th September 2017 at 15:22.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 15:35   #2208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
If this is the case, then Nexon might sit and fight with already over crowded segment of hatches/cross overs (Baleno, I20, I20 Active, Jazz/WR-V) which are a segment below Brezza & Ecosport. So, mass market might ignore their consideration of Nexon as a C-SUV . Brezza and Ecosport might continue their run with out any impact from Nexon.
I couldn't get you? Why would the Nexon fight with Baleno, i20 and WRV? Is it because it is being priced at par with them and lower than the available CSUVs?
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 15:48   #2209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If true, that is dream pricing! Fingers crossed.

Also, TML should use this opportunity to stop selling the STORME altogether .

People like me who want to buy a STORME also will cancel the idea & book a Nexon instead given that A Storme VX that still doesn't get most of Nexon's comfort and utility features (not to mention FE) costs a good 5 lakh more. Forget about other competition, the first victim of the Nexon will be within a Tata showroom...
That's quite an overreach!
I am sure someone wishing to buy a Safari would settle for anything less than a Safari. Many cars in the comparable price-range offer a better experience than the Safari in one way or the another but the pull of the brand/name - the intangible - is what attracts the enthusiasts to the Safari.

PS - Do Tata really need the Nexon to kill the STORME, when they have been so good at it themselves
r0nit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 15:51   #2210
BHPian

Anyone has a clue if AMT will come with hill hold assist?
Old 13th September 2017, 16:06   #2211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Safari is at least twice the size of Nexon. There just is no comparison. But, that said, someone not requiring 5+ seating and full-size SUV, may look at Nexon and also save some moolah in the process. And, I hope Tata brings in AMT soon, before novelty of this car wears.
Old 13th September 2017, 16:07   #2212
BHPian

Quote:
Nexon price according to him price for xz+ on road Bangalore will ₹ 10,54,000/- he said TML wants to keep price below 11 lakhs
This is good pricing according to what the rumors are around, I suppose the taxes and registrations are higher in the state of Karnataka (Can anyone confirm on this?)

Anyways have done a break-down taking this price, used 1 lakh difference between On-road and Ex-showroom. Comparing with the Brezza this is how Nexon stacks up.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-vs-brezza.jpg
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:41   #2213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
That's quite an overreach!
I am sure someone wishing to buy a Safari would settle for anything less than a Safari. Many cars in the comparable price-range offer a better experience than the Safari in one way or the another but the pull of the brand/name - the intangible - is what attracts the enthusiasts to the Safari.
I have had that pull since I was legally allowed only to ride a bicycle. However, I cannot even convince myself that at the asking price the Storme gives enough features. It is still the most solid & capable real SUV in my opinion. But for 15L OTR or more, it gives creature comforts just more than an Omni. Simplest of things that could be fixed in minutes on design board are not addressed. If a company sells something so shamelessly, I don't want to be the guy falling for it just because I love the legacy of the car.

Let me be candid. The Safari Storme is by far the most outdated, least feature rich & even the least on safety after the SUMO GOLD (lets ignore the Nano) in a Tata showroom. This is the ONLY car in that showroom that offers airbags on only the top most variant.
I'm a Tata Motors partisan. But there is just no escaping these facts.

You see, one may go to a showroom like us, "Okay XUV offers a lot of things but I still want a Safari". Then the person will see a Nexon right besides. That has everything and Safari has Nothing. How many will still pay that 5 Lakh more just for size? I'm not saying these people will buy the Nexon. But they'll not buy the Safari anymore.

I just won't want to buy a Storme that is neglected in an organization that also makes a car as wonderful as the Nexon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
PS - Do Tata really need the Nexon to kill the STORME, when they have been so good at it themselves
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Safari is at least twice the size of Nexon. There just is no comparison. But, that said, someone not requiring 5+ seating and full-size SUV, may look at Nexon and also save some moolah in the process. And, I hope Tata brings in AMT soon, before novelty of this car wears.
Oh I have driven the Storme plenty & no, it is a 5+0 seater. Or a 5 + Plenty of luggage space car. The only +2 who will agree to sit in the jump seats may be crash test dummies. Even they'll have a huge frown!
What I'm trying to say is different.

Tata is asking for that huge price premium with ONLY the size and weight to show. The basic most features are missing in a 1.5 million rupee car.

About the AMT - it will be interesting indeed. I don't think too many AMTs are available on diesels of 1.5L. Mostly all are small diesel engines otherwise. Or are there?

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th September 2017 at 16:44.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:42   #2214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
IMO Maruti incurs royalty costs for the engine as well as adds a fair bit of premium (whether deserved or not is a different question) to come to its pricing. People pay them considering reputation & service network (& ofcourse heard mentality).

While Tata wouldn't incur royalty costs, but I'm sure they'd want a fairly large number of Diesel mills on the road to gain visibility as well as understand how the well tested engine performs "in customer hands".

Also, do note that the Nexon XT variant has seen a fair amount of missing elements compared to the Nexon XZ+.

Considering the above, I believe Tata can achieve a much tighter gap between the Brezza ZDi & Nexon XZ+.

Tata needs this car to succeed in order to bring the defining change the perception of the brand as well as put it's 1.5L mill to real world conditions.

Let's see.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:47   #2215
BHPian

People,what does the attached poster mean??
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_20170913164121.jpg  

nijelj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:53   #2216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I guess they mean 1st biggest launch of September was Apple's iPhone
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:53   #2217
BHPian

Quote:
They are probably referring to the 3 iPhones.
Old 13th September 2017, 16:56   #2218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Probably saying that Nexon launch is even more anticipated by the country than the iPhone X launch.
Old 13th September 2017, 16:57   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
I guess they mean 1st biggest launch of September was Apple's iPhone
No, they mean Apple iPhone is the 2nd biggest launch of September; Nexon would be the biggest. Ambitious, aren't we
pnredkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 16:57   #2220
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think that they are referring to the iPhone launch.

Last edited by AYP : 13th September 2017 at 16:59.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks