Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2017, 13:53   #2266
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

One more design element that I'm really glad to see on the Nexon is that Tata have retained their traditional 2 reverse lamps & simply put a single rear fog lamp (ala most Suzuki cars) in the bumper.

It is a real must for our conditions & good that they didn't go the cost cutting way of giving 1 of each on either side claiming it looks better for aesthetics.

They went a bit to the wrong side with the Tiago/Tigor with this.
Old 15th September 2017, 14:09   #2267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If a buyer still wants to stick to the Maruti, well, so be it.
Actually the market is such 50-60% of the crowd doesn't consider anything other than Maruti. I myself had friends, known people or family members who just say "I will buy only Maruti, maintenance is low and reliable". Maruti has created a Brand Image stating the above.

Coming to Nexon, we have several cars which are over priced for what they offer. But Nexon will help to in cross shopping, pricing it right will change fortunes for Tata.
Old 15th September 2017, 14:32   #2268
BHPian

Tata has not lost any of the good will they had in smaller towns. Its just that they played too long wth the Indica and its' bigger siblings, and Hyundai grabbed the easy market share. In my home town (and wherever I have gone or lived in small cities and towns), Tata cars are considered as reliable and as easy to maintain as a maruti. With good products in their stable now, I think Tata motors should focus on these smaller cities and towns rather than big Tier 1 cities to gain back market share.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 14:53   #2269
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone who Test drove the cars checked if the rear seat base tumbles forward or is it just the seat back folding option that is available ?
Old 15th September 2017, 15:01   #2270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Has anyone who Test drove the cars checked if the rear seat base tumbles forward or is it just the seat back folding option that is available ?
There seem to be both options. I have seen pics of "tumble-down" but in the demo / TD car, it was just fold down. Waiting to check the cars after deliveries start / or at launch.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 15:02   #2271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I haven't test driven it but found images on the internet that clearly show that the rear seats tumble-fold like the Vista. Seat base folds forwards and seat back falls down. Should have been an easy design based on an X1.

However, doesn't seem to create a FULL-FLAT area. The folded seat back still seems like a step up from the default boot floor.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-20170727131559699x380.jpg

What is also evident is, the seat-base has proper lining under it. Good job! In my car, its bare foam on the bottom .

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th September 2017 at 15:08.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 18:51   #2272
BHPian

I test drove the XZ+ diesel model yesterday. The build quality feels good and top notch. And already everyone has shared about the engine, so I would like to share my observations.

1. The reverse camera quality is really poor. I test drove around 8PM, the video feed shown was very grainy and blurry. The rear camera view will be displayed only when you press the dedicated button and doesn't switch on when you engage the reverse gear.
2. I had trouble slotting into the 1st gear. it just wouldn't slot. I had to come back to 2nd and change it to 1st. This happened multiple times.
3. One of the DRL had stopped working. Only the right side was lit. You can see that in the pics attached. The SA kept telling me that the DRLs lights up based on the side the tire is positioned, but he was not able to do it for the left side of the DRLs.

Other than these 3 issues, the car is everything that Tata promised it to be.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_20170914_194437_1.jpg  

prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 18:59   #2273
BHPian

When will we have the TEAM-BHP test drive report? Hope they are not waiting for the launch? Its been more than one and half month the car was made available to them.
airbender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 19:00   #2274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
3. One of the DRL had stopped working. Only the right side was lit. You can see that in the pics attached. The SA kept telling me that the DRLs lights up based on the side the tire is positioned, but he was not able to do it for the left side of the DRLs.
Is this a new feature that TATA has embedded into NEXON . That SA should be awarded "Best SA of TATA" immediately.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with Nexon.
I am planning to go for a test drive this weekend .

Last edited by Hickstead : 15th September 2017 at 19:05.
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 21:16   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
He is referring to the Fog lamps with cornering function. It has already been discussed before in this Thread. Please search for it within the last few pages.

But the DRLs seems to be faulty, maybe a minor fault with fuse or wiring loose connection.
Old 15th September 2017, 23:04   #2276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
When will we have the TEAM-BHP test drive report? Hope they are not waiting for the launch? Its been more than one and half month the car was made available to them.
At this point, I would expect the review to be out a day or two after the launch (21st of September). That will allow the reviewers to put the price into perspective.
OT: Frankly speaking, I do not like this new test drives a month before product strategy too much. At the very least, test drives should happen when the price of the product is known (especially when we have wildly different specs for variants).
Amartya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 00:20   #2277

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Will give more updates after the event.
Here is the tweet from Official “Tata Motors” handle on “Nexon Skill Arena” event in Kolkata.

https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...84347036839937

And here is the “Nexon Skill Arena” event locations and schedule:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-skill-arena-event-locations-schedule.jpg

I am eagerly waiting for the event in Chennai.
karthik_tp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 05:48   #2278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2. I had trouble slotting into the 1st gear. it just wouldn't slot. I had to come back to 2nd and change it to 1st. This happened multiple times.
Was that when the car was in motion? Even little speed like 1-5kmph? If yes, then slotting into first is hard in many other diesel cars. (And not needed to be done at all!)
Interesting if it was a problem even at stand-still.

As for the DRL, no big deal. A lose connector/wiring. Mostly it will be fixed when you see that car again.

Do you have an image of the reverse camera quality? It will be helpful for a lot of prospective buyers. I have seen the results in a Jazz in night on a lit street and they are very disheartening too. So its a variable dependent on lot of factors.
Personally purist in me likes it if the output on screen doesn't come up unless chosen. Looking at the overall car design and it being based on ahatchback, overall visibility shouldn't be a problem at all and the camera will be quite redundant.

However, I'd say the way the camera output comes up, will very likely be an option in the settings of the ICE. One will be able to default set it.

You test drove during night, how was the headlight performance?
Old 16th September 2017, 10:01   #2279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.. if the rear seat base tumbles forward or is it just the seat back folding option that is available ?
From the carwale review, the seat looks to be tumble down, even at 60:40 split.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonbootspace103577.jpg

But in the videos on the Nexon micro-site, it does not look so:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-bootspace.jpg

URL:

Last edited by theMAG : 16th September 2017 at 18:02. Reason: Merged/edited as requested
Old 16th September 2017, 13:33   #2280
BHPian

Went and checked out the Nexon at the Gachibowli showroom. What I loved about the car or rather SUV is the comfort. The seats are really comfy and the way everything is ergonomically placed had me wowed.
They aren't offering test drives as yet. Any idea if there are TD being offered any where else? Any other showrooms? Found the rear blower effective and cute. Something desperately needed especially because of the high temperatures in summer and the need for something for the back benches.
Waiting for the prices to be announced.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed