Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:40   #2446
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
[url]
AutoPortal compares the Nexon with the Brezza.
He suggests Brezza for the City, and the Nexon for the highways.
What if someone has 50% city- 50% highway usage? Ford Ecosport?
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:41   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Spoken like a true blue Tata man & I agree!
However, thanks to the dash & console design, finding & installing a good ICE will be quite a task.

All said, the 2L extra does give you things that are very useful.
The projectors themselves are a pretty costly affair still. Seat height adjust, rear wash/wipe/defog, steering mounted controls, power windows, electric mirrors are worth the money IMO. All that together does justify the premium. And you get alloys too. They themselves will cost 30k etc. Of course I understand we don't need them at all. But the other things are quite useful.
I agree. In today's world peer pressure makes you to have this. I know many of my friends who sold their vehicles for all bells and whistles. Ultimately, decision lies with buyer. My point is though you don't require such stuff, your family may like to have.
Coming to car, we need to appreciate TATA for it's efforts to capture the market. I personally advise to TATA to extend their hard work in sales and services. This is where most of them go wrong. They screw up sales. We have many examples in market, where car is good but service is seriously ignored. I believe TATA can give head to head fight to maruti in India. Make it happen TATA. All the best...
GRAND23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 18:59   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Honestly, If i had to buy one, I would buy the base variant XE , and get the dealer to install front fogs + folding power mirrors. All the goodies i want - ABS etc, drive modes, are all available in the base variant, and the bells and whistles other than the projector headlights hold no interest for me - 2L would give me the budget for a hell of a killer ICE ( which I can roll on my own, thank you very much) and I am not a fan of keyless entry (heck, I still lock my car manually!)
I would upgrade to the XM just for central locking and rear power windows. Those are something very basic I would not want to miss out on. Keyless entry is not so important.

XZ + is 2 lakh over the XM and not the XE. The XM is only 55 K over the XE. The Harman ICE is quite nice as well for the price.
Ragavsr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 19:21   #2449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
I would upgrade to the XM just for central locking and rear power windows. Those are something very basic I would not want to miss out on. Keyless entry is not so important.
Absolutely. Power windows and central locking are absolute essentials in 2017. Wouldn't even consider the XE variant. XM is VFM over XE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
The Harman ICE is quite nice as well for the price.
Only the XZ+ gets the 8 speaker audio system. XM and XT variants don't get the tweeters both for the front and rear doors.

Very disappointing and a step backwards for TATA. Even the Bolt had 8 speakers standard on all variants except the XE which didn't get the audio at all, whereas Zest got tweeters for the front atleast in the lower two variants.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd September 2017 at 19:31.
Old 22nd September 2017, 19:26   #2450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. Power windows and central locking are absolute essentials in 2017. Wouldn't even consider the XE variant. XM is VFM over XE.

Only the XZ+ gets the 8 speaker audio system. XM and XT variants don't get the tweeters both for the front and rear doors.

Very disappointing from TATA and a step backwards for TATA. Even the Bolt had 8 speakers standard on all variants except the XE which didn't get the audio at all.
I think 6 (4+2) for XM, XMA, XMS. XT and XTA have 8. At least for the Zest thats the case.

But yes, Nexon XM, XT should have had 2 tweeters (and really 2 are enough anyway!). I don't think it will be that big a deal to add them aftermarket either. I hope the housings are present & just the tweeter units are missing.
Old 22nd September 2017, 19:36   #2451
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I think 6 (4+2) for XM, XMA, XMS. XT and XTA have 8. At least for the Zest thats the case.

But yes, Nexon XM, XT should have had 2 tweeters (and really 2 are enough anyway!). I don't think it will be that big a deal to add them aftermarket either. I hope the housings are present & just the tweeter units are missing.
Doesn't look like. They have taken a step backwards as compared to the Zest and Bolt, with respect to audio system for the mid variants. It's only the XZ+ that gets the goodies.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_2017092219321368.png
Old 22nd September 2017, 19:46   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. Power windows and central locking are absolute essentials in 2017. Wouldn't even consider the XE variant. XM is VFM over XE
I guess Tata wouldn't consider the XE for production either.

Last week end , I went to Concorde Motors Velachery along with my cousin who is in the market to buy a new car. There was no display vehicle or a test drive vehicle. The SA's opinion was that those will arrive only after launch because the dealership is Tata owned while the other dealership might get it early because they would pay for it.

The logic was not so convincing . The SA had estimated the top variant to cost 12 lakh OTR ( actual pricing now is 10.75 OTR) . So, I suggested we check out the Hexa XE as well. The salesman had a look as if I was asking for a dinosaur. The Hexa XE is quite decently equipped for a base model and they don't seem to be intent on producing it .

Another issue is that they don't seem to be intent on selling cars at all. Considering that I had literally dragged my cousin into the Tata showroom, turned out to be quite a disappointment.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 22nd September 2017 at 19:52.
Ragavsr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 20:17   #2453
BHPian

Hello Everyone.
My first post on T-BHP. Starting my T-BHP journey with Nexon. Really very excited to be here (a place where I had been an audience for so long). Finally a T-BHP member. Yay! Feels awesome

I got a chance to see the Nexon in person last week. No TD till date though. I have literally been stalking the car online ever since the media drives had commenced.

Interiors:- As soon as I entered the cabin for real, ohh boy (I can guarantee you the pictures are not doing justice to the interior at all). It feels so premium, so upmarket, so refreshing (No beige finally) that I was totally blown away. ''First impression is the last impression'' and the Nexon totally had me. It has been said multiple times in the thread ''see it to believe it'', and trust me it is the golden rule.

Exteriors:- Nexon certainly looks butch and contemporary and definitely a breath of fresh air. I don't know if its only me but I have realized that at certain angles Nexon just wins you over and then at certain angles you are left confused whether you like it or not. Though the former is in majority.

If you really want to appreciate the efforts of TATA, I would highly recommend to see Nexon in person. You will definitely feel every word mentioned above.

A commendable job from TATA. #A Potential Buyer ;-)
gk.93 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 00:05   #2454
Senior - BHPian

As a former owner of a TATA car i was apprehensive about checking out the Nexon after the underwhelming dealership experience, especially after sales service. But, i did walk in to my old TATA dealer and checked out the Nexon and came away impressed with the looks, build quality and price though from certain angles the looks kind of got me thinking a bit. Is the design too 'way out there' to appeal to 'middle' India despite the price and has after sales service really improved or is it at the same level when i used to drive in with trepidation and fear into the workshop?. If these apprehensions can be allayed i would buy the Nexon and recommend it even to others. Why not support our local industry?

And, please, TATA Motors,ensure that adequate training in customer relations is given to your dealer staff, hire graduate personnel, pay them a little more and i assure you it will pay you back handsomely in the long run. Every nation in the automotive world favors their local industry first and the benefits are mutual.Alas, in India we enrich the coffers of a Japanese car company that is an abject failure worldwide and ensure it's survival but neglect our local industry. And, having owned a TATA car i cannot blame the India car buying public for doing so. What choice do we really have?.
nickatnite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:04   #2455
BHPian

As we await the Official review to be released any day, and this thread getting frozen for discussion.

Just spent some of my weekend leisure time to come down with the below analysis of our all time hit threads

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-teambhp.jpg

The NEXON is shaking up 'The Indian Car Scene' literally, with Top 5 ranking in views and Top 10 ranking in replies.

Should plan to go visit their showroom today.
Moto$apien is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:34   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
As we await the Official review to be released any day, and this thread getting frozen for discussion.

Just spent some of my weekend leisure time to come down with the below analysis of our all time hit threads

The NEXON is shaking up 'The Indian Car Scene' literally, with Top 5 ranking in views and Top 10 ranking in replies.

Should plan to go visit their showroom today.
Been wanting to do this post for a while but never got around. Thanks for posting.

I believe you might have considered for the per day analysis till today. You may look at the thread closed date (for closed ones) for an effective and correct numbers.

Edit: Nexon thread had roughly 11 lakh hits around July 20 (just before media drives) 10 lakh hits since then.

Last edited by mrbaddy : 23rd September 2017 at 10:37.
mrbaddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 10:51   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Been wanting to do this post for a while but never got around. Thanks for posting.

I believe you might have considered for the per day analysis till today. You may look at the thread closed date (for closed ones) for an effective and correct numbers.
Yes, myself too was surprised at the strong rise in these nos.

Thanks a lot for pointing out the correction, i have changed the avg.replies columns as per the thread freeze dates. Not changed the views column as they are visited even after the thread closure.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-teambhp2.jpg

turns out that Ecosport's shock pricing also garnered frantic reply activity by us bhpians.
Moto$apien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 11:03   #2458
BHPian

So I guess a Flip out head unit would fit the Nexon xe variant correctly hu?
According to Amazon India there is a Pioneer head unit that works with Nexon AMT it costs 38k though.

AVH-X7850BT
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-screenshot_20170923105902553_com.android.chrome.png  

Sam_GTR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 14:48   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_GTR View Post
So I guess a Flip out head unit would fit the Nexon xe variant correctly hu?
According to Amazon India there is a Pioneer head unit that works with Nexon AMT it costs 38k though.

AVH-X7850BT
When the world has not seen the XE, how did Pioneer see and how are they sure of fitting this particular unit in Nexon XE which occupies frontal area(including pop out screen) more than a 2 Din unit.

I suggest you check the official accessories list with the dealer prior to buying this unit.
Old 23rd September 2017, 15:51   #2460
BHPian

Did a quick test drive of Nexon at Gurudev Motors, nothing spectacular about the dealer but they readily agreed to provide a test drive even without filling any of those mundane forms. So kudos to the sales rep. Coming back to the mini SUV, oh boy i had that childish grin back again. Its a great car, interiors and music system, seat comforts were good. But what really stole the show was the engine, insulation and terrific suspension. The car simply glides and noise insulation within the cabin is excellent and may be better than the Creta. At this price point Tata has a clear winner and can easily beat Brezza, Ecosport, Duster and Creta in most departments. Kudos to the Nexon team again
Chillout is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed