Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2017, 12:01   #2581
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The Tata Nexon SKill Arena was held in Aquatica, Kolkata on 16th and 17th September.
Add me to that BHPian list also.

I visited on 17th around 5 pm and following the registration process my friend and I went for the track event. My friend drove as instructed while I was enjoying the plush interiors and superb ride quality. At one point I had to ask whether the car was a diesel or petrol and the instructor confirmed it was a diesel indeed; the engine sound was barely audible inside. Most have pointed out all the pros and cons so no need to affirm these anymore but I found the space to appear a bit less maybe due to the black seat color and high window line.

The car is sure going to turn heads with the style. The interiors are nice with lots of features but the shiny parts were having lot of scratches so it might be an issue in the long run. It gobbled up the undulations and bumps with so ease that I'm thinking my Micra needs a suspension overhaul pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Petrol Nexon is priced from 5.85 Lacs for XE variant and that is much lower than what I had anticipated at 5.99Lacs. Well Done!!
Top end XZ+ is priced at 8.45 Lacs and I guess the dual tone is at 8.6 Lacs.
All prices Ex-Showroom Delhi
Fantastic pricing as per me. I'm hopeful it will be able to replicate the success of Tiago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
First Nexon delivery at Arya Motors, Gurgaon.
I'm loving this white shade. The front face is undoubtedly the best angle of view according to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A couple of photo-manipulations :
This one with the black roof manipulation is drool worthy; so is the blackish grey shade
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not everyone can wait for the media car in their home city for a detailed review like Team-BHP does . With almost everyone else, it's a mad rush for their reviews to be out first.
Is this any indication for the timeline of publication of the Nexon review?

The Nexon is being displayed at Singhi Park, Kolkata and I could manage only one picture negotiating the crowd.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-dsc_0787.jpg  

rupdeb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 12:30   #2582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Looks like Maruti is worried about Tata's new products!

Look at this comparison http://www.news18.com/news/auto/2017...s-1528383.html
Dzire v/s Nexon? What kind of a comparison is that? Agreed that the price ranges are not too different, but the nature of the 2 cars is not similar at all.
Old 27th September 2017, 13:31   #2583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Dzire v/s Nexon? What kind of a comparison is that? Agreed that the price ranges are not too different, but the nature of the 2 cars is not similar at all.
Yes, anything to put Tata cars down. He says, Nexon is vastly improved but still not quite there. Offers no explanation how it's still quite not there. No matter how much TM improves, they dismiss in the end saying, " it's still quite not there." They have become like politicians, saying what the masses like to hear. But little do they realise that many prefer to recognise a good product and choose that over the long-established.
pgsagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 13:44   #2584
Senior - BHPian

Why oh why is a good autobox missing in the line up? And by good, I exclude jerky AMTs.

Auto is as needed now as A/C became needed 20 years ago.

I think a lot of the market will be lost by this lack.
Old 27th September 2017, 14:00   #2585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Looks like Maruti is worried about Tata's new products!

Look at this comparison http://www.news18.com/news/auto/2017...s-1528383.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Yikes! They have written this:

"Maruti Suzuki Dzire holds a massive advantage over the Tata Nexon as it comes with an AMT gearbox in both the diesel and petrol variants (4 variants to be precise). Tata Nexon, on the other hand, comes with a 6-speed AMT gearbox only. An AMT unit will follow soon, but it will most likely be part of the petrol engine."

Too bad we can't yet rate web pages and reviews.

I think its high time manufacturers make better cars than bad publicizing other better products. If they give enough commitment to give better bang for the buck rather than milking their brand image they won’t need such cheap stunts when a better product is launched.

I honestly wish Tata to succeed. It will make others to offer better products rather than do cheap media marketing. If only their A.S.S was consistent people won't have second thoughts about a Tata. Hopefully they are on the way to improvement.
RideRanger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 14:38   #2586
Distinguished - BHPian

Was at the showroom again today ( stopped by unplanned), but missed to drive the petrol version. Too much traffic meant the car was delayed on the TD it went out for. And traffic was too much to get a feel of the car.

However, checked the interiors once again. The rear seat has a nice incline to it. A shade short of what's in the Tigor, but very comfortable. The Hexa & the Safari/ Storme have a more upright back-rest, but the first two are very comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
.. regarding the rear seat space of Nexon. I particularly found it to be roomy and here is a proof of the same:

We can see three adults (two with large frames and one medium) in the rear seat, although its a bit of squeeze for them but still they are seated quite abreast.
Comfortable seating is still for 2 at the back. The 3rd person will squeeze everyone there. Though the car is 1810 mm wide, it is still neither a Safari, nor a Hexa, or even the narrower Sumo.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 14:47   #2587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
However, checked the interiors once again. The rear seat has a nice incline to it. A shade short of what's in the Tigor, but very comfortable. The Hexa & the Safari/ Storme have a more upright back-rest, but the first two are very comfortable.
I took a smallish test drive too. The seats are really comfortable. I felt like sleeping in the rear seat within a few minutes of ride.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 15:08   #2588
BHPian

Just came back after a short 10KM test drive. I feel the interior width of the car is only a little more than the Zest. I guess all that additional width went into the flared wheel arches. I guess this is true for all compact SUV's.

I agree with most of what is already said about the interior quality, comfort, ride quality, handling, Engine etc. The clutch and gear shift are very nice; more than adequate for the job. I don't think we need ultra quick gear shifts in this class. Those who are looking to scorch the tarmac should buy a Polo GT or Abarth Punto or something in that class.
Enobarbus is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 16:01   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Nexon should have come with seat covers in the top trim even at extra cost. I would have paid some premium for it.
Seat covers are not included as OE inclusion. This is something that is negotiated with the dealer.

Also, seat covers are a matter of personal choice. Some swear by white Turkish towelling, some by vinyl, some prefer suede / Alacantara finish, some like it fitted, some with a bit of additional cushioning.

Leave some things to be selected by your better half
Ferruccio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 16:14   #2590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Also, seat covers are a matter of personal choice. Some swear by white Turkish towelling, some by vinyl, some prefer suede / Alacantara finish, some like it fitted, some with a bit of additional cushioning.
Some of the covers for the Tiago / Tigor that were available with the dealer ( Prerana, here) were quite nice. Guess these are standard covers offered thru the dealerships.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 16:22   #2591
Senior - BHPian

Someone on this thread suggested I contact Concorde Motors to get a car. The response from them is unbelievably fast, unlike the other dealers. It's at some other level. Never experienced this kind of courtesy and speed, which I'm used to.

Will keep this thread updated on how this goes.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 17:35   #2592

Took a test drive of Tata Nexon (diesel variant) today for around 10 kms. I would like to thank the folks at TAFE Access, Pallikaranai, Chennai for arranging the test drive. The car was sent to Pallikaranai branch from their main branch in Mount road. As my office is on the way and a few of my colleagues were interested in the test drive, they have arranged the vehicle to come to our office.

Here's my feedback about the car:

Looks - We have got the blue car to test drive. The car looks bigger in reality. The front looks are butch, side profile is excellent and the rear looks average though definitely not boring. Ceramic lines add character to the car. I very much liked the side profile of the car.

NVH Level - Pretty impressive NVH levels on the car from this segment. Outside noises are well controlled. Under hard acceleration, you will hear the engine noise, but that is able to live with. When you start the car using push button start, there is a little jerk inside the cabin. Apart from that, there are no vibrations that you can feel.

Ride quality and Handling - There is no doubt that Nexon has got great ride comfort. We test drove the car on pothole filled roads and Nexon absorbed everything with a smile. There is no dis-comfort felt inside the cabin and no one complained. It was very easy for me to maneuver the car inside city roads.

Steering, Clutch, Brakes and Gear Shifts - Steering is the same as Tiago. The EPS unit did its job well. It is lighter at lower speeds and weighs up appropriately at higher speeds. The clutch was very light and easy to use. The brakes did perform very well, and the car reduces speed from higher speeds in a fraction of seconds. The bite was very good. Gear shifts were short and slick.

Ergonomics, Space and Back Seat Comfort - Ergonomics was spot on. Seat felt not too spongy, and that is positive. The bolstering on the seats added comfort. The view is fantastic from the driver seat. The car felt roomier inside, and the space was enormous. Unlike most reviews, we felt that back seat can easily fit three people of average built. Even after adjusting the front seat of my height (5'10"), there was ample space for the person in the back seat.

Interiors, Build Quality and Infotainment - Interiors were definitely above the segment standard. The grand center console with mode selector and three tones layered dashboard added premium feel for the car. There were nice quality plastics inside the car. The fit and finish of the components were also good. The door closed with a solid thud and overall build quality was impressive. The infotainment was very good with that floating touch screen and the awesome Harman Kardon music system.

Performance - There is ample amount of torque at the low end. My colleague has moved the car from standstill in 2nd gear with five people on board without any fuss. We test drove near the "Madhya Kailash" stretch, and the car can easily reach 3 digit speeds while on the move. Especially, the 3rd gear and 4th gear in this car are excellent. I was very impressed with the performance of this diesel engine.

Overall, I am very impressed with Nexon as an overall package and so are my colleagues. Here are a few pictures we took during the test drive:

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg
Imposing front looks

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2.jpg
Fantastic side profile

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3.jpg
Not boring rear

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.jpg
Front three quarter view

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-5.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-6.jpg
Great ground clearance

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-7.jpg
Wider tyres

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-8.jpg
Decent Boot Space

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-9.jpg
That's me on the right side
karthik_tp is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 17:50   #2593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_tp View Post
Took a test drive of Tata Nexon (diesel variant) today for around 10 kms. I would like to thank the folks at TAFE Access, Pallikaranai, Chennai for arranging the test drive.

Attachment 1680296
That's me on the right side
Thanks - especially for the last picture. Gives a good idea with scale. I'm not sure if its the camera angle / optics at play, but with 2 different sized people standing besides, the car still does not look "BIG" like I'd imagine in an "SUV image" template. At least to me.

I'm not saying it is a negative at all. Optimum dimensions for daily as well as excursion usage I must say. But, Certainly not big per say. Within the available size limits, the Brezza certainly looks "more SUV".
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 18:01   #2594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
.. the last picture. Gives a good idea with scale. I'm not sure if its the camera angle / optics at play, but with 2 different sized people standing besides, the car still does not look "BIG" like I'd imagine in an "SUV image" template. At least to me.

. Optimum dimensions for daily as well as excursion usage I must say. But, Certainly not big per say. Within the available size limits, the Brezza certainly looks "more SUV".
Yes, The Nexon is optimally sized. It is not small, but it is not too big either. The front part is balanced very nicely with the rest of the car in dimensions.

Comparatively, the Ecosport looks a bit tall, while the Brezza is boxy, a little bottom heavy.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 18:04   #2595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
The clutch and gear shift are very nice; more than adequate for the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_tp View Post

Steering, Clutch, Brakes and Gear Shifts - The clutch was very light and easy to use. The brakes did perform very well, and the car reduces speed from higher speeds in a fraction of seconds. The bite was very good. Gear shifts were short and slick.
I haven't driven Tiago or Tigor, but apart from them the gear shift is better than any other Tata in market now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks