Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 16:16   #2671
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Good to hear that. I will have to check and let you know as I haven't had the time to do that. So, going by your advise, if it's Assurance will stick with it. Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Are they Excellence by chance? If yes - they are pretty good all weather tires. Sufficiently hard to tackle our road conditions yet comfortable & grippy in dry and wet.
Old 29th September 2017, 16:45   #2672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congratulations.

A very relaxed engine at 90kmph. If you don't mind - can you please update the corresponding rpms for 100 and 120kmph as well? (After run-in if it exceeds the initial manufacturer recommendations).
Well its a pretty easy calculation 1700/90*100 = ~1890 rpm
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 16:54   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hey I got Goodyear with XZ+ and I'm mighty cross with Tata. Planning to change them to Yokos.

I had the transformer alloys on the previous car and they look and perform great. Go right ahead!

Many Congratulations Sebring for your new wonderful ride!! ; Hope to see your Nexon's detailed review soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Are they Excellence by chance? If yes - they are pretty good all weather tires. Sufficiently hard to tackle our road conditions yet comfortable & grippy in dry and wet.
Going off topic, but yes they must be Goodyear Excellence only
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-tatanexonalloywheels-goodyear.jpg
Also an OE fitment on the malaysian Honda City and the Skoda Yeti. But, wouldn't recommend a wheel change just yet to avoid warranty lapses.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2014hondacityexcellence1.jpg The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-hondacity2017previewmalaysiatwotonealloywheel2.jpg

Last edited by Moto$apien : 29th September 2017 at 17:18. Reason: typo
Moto$apien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 17:20   #2674
Distinguished - BHPian

OT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cingsman View Post
I'd recommend sticking to the OEM makes. They are tested, proven and tuned to the vehicle.
Not really so. Enough discussions on this topic. And many of us have changed tyres immediately after delivery. A small expense at time of purchase of the car will give us better ride and grip. Used well, even softer compound tyres like Michelin / Yoko last sufficiently long.

If you would like to read up on this, do search for the same here on TBHP.
Old 29th September 2017, 17:35   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post

Saw this marketing from Tata on twitter today, I am impressed Tata's are going all guns blazing: from AR to this.

Attachment 1680734
to all of us who wondered what the outdoor ad was all about, received this image on whatsapp. The story becomes clear at night time, apparently.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-ad-2.jpg

Good clean marketing with no brand ambassadors, no pretty lasses, no funky taglines.. the product being the Hero.
Moto$apien is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 17:56   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Goodyear Excellence is the reason why we the Yeti Tyre Upgrade. Changing that tyre made dramatic changes to the vehicle's comfort levels.

I'd recommend getting rid of these ASAP. But don't replace with Yokos as those are known for even louder tyre noise after about 10k kms of life.
Old 29th September 2017, 18:24   #2677
BANNED

Till now I have driven 3 Nexon TD cars at 2 Concorde dealers in Delhi and all three were running on Bridgestone Turanza

Last edited by VKumar : 29th September 2017 at 18:25.
Old 29th September 2017, 19:42   #2678
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Well its a pretty easy calculation 1700/90*100 = ~1890 rpm
Thank you.

Also, thanks to my friend RanapratapRajkumarnaidu who just sent in this picture for confirmation. Yes, 100 kmph comes in at a shade below 2000rpm.

That's real nice indeed. Personally, I really like to cruise around the 100kmph mark - and my current car does it at 2500rpm, which I find rather high for 7-10 hours drives!

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170929wa0041.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 19:49   #2679
BANNED

Hi,
I'm looking to buy the Diesel Nexon XM. I'm also planning to upsize the tyres to 215/60 R16 on stock rims(same size as top variant). I guess many other people might be looking to do the same so sharing this. The size of rims in both the variants is of ofcourse R16, but crucially the width is also the same, i.e 6J. I hope there shouldn't be any problem then.

I find the car good overall and agree with most of what is written in the forum. But am doubtful about some things, written below:

1. Tata is offering only 2 year warranty compared to 3 on the Hexa. Zest was also launched with 3 year warranty. Any news of the 333 comfidence scheme on the car?

2. Are we sure on the difference of 12mm(60% of [225-195] ) of ground clearance across top and lower variants? Or there can be some change in suspension springs and all?
I think this will change the handling of the car by quite a bit, so should we expect lesser body roll in the lower variants? Since I am planning to upsize the tyres, should I look at 205/60 instead of 215/60 in the case?

3. Most of the reviewers have mentioned the poor finish inside the cabin. I don't think that has been talked here.

4. Did anyone check the cornering headlights feature of the car? The fog lamps light up in the direction of the steering.

5. Has anybody checked the driver seat height in lower variants? I want it to be on the lower side, since I am already over 6ft.

6. This is my personal opinion. XM variant is the ideal buy if you can live without a touchscreen because the tyres can be upsized, the IRVM can be replaced, tweeters can be fitted in the given housings! Only thing that remains is the projectors and the driver armrest. Please let me know if a driver armrest can easily be fitted on the lower variants.

Cheers!
From the future owner of the Nexon!
Old 29th September 2017, 20:13   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

Also, thanks to my friend RanapratapRajkumarnaidu who just sent in this picture for confirmation. Yes, 100 kmph comes in at a shade below 2000rpm.

That's real nice indeed. Personally, I really like to cruise around the 100kmph mark - and my current car does it at 2500rpm, which I find rather high for 7-10 hours drives!

Thanks for the info. Checked out your image for like 1 minute
One thing I noticed, your friend is cruising in ECO mode in 6th gear, in which the instant fuel consumption is showing well 30 kmpl. I know it wont be accurate but will like to know till what extent the fuel efficiency rises after driving the car in ECO mode on highways.

Someone like me can be in Sport mode till i reach 80-100 and switch to Eco mode and just cruise in 6th gear

Last edited by amrutmhatre90 : 29th September 2017 at 20:21.
Old 29th September 2017, 20:27   #2681
BHPian

Quote:

Someone like me can be in Sport mode till i reach 80-100 and switch to Eco mode and just cruise in 6th gear
I don't think it works that way. When you travel at 100 kmph in 6th gear (or a particular rpm), the fuel efficiency remains the same irrespective of whether you are in ECO or SPORT. These modes do not alter the gear ratios. It only controls throttle input and some other ECU parameters. So the difference would be in the way you accelerate. At constants speeds, it will not make a difference. This is my understanding. Experts may please correct me if I am wrong.
DieselAddikt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 20:55   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.

Is it the Diesel or the Petrol Variant?
Old 29th September 2017, 20:56   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
I don't think it works that way. When you travel at 100 kmph in 6th gear (or a particular rpm), the fuel efficiency remains the same irrespective of whether you are in ECO or SPORT. These modes do not alter the gear ratios. It only controls throttle input and some other ECU parameters. So the difference would be in the way you accelerate. At constants speeds, it will not make a difference. This is my understanding. Experts may please correct me if I am wrong.
+1 to DieselAddikt. I own a Zest Revotron which has 3 drive modes - City, Sport and Eco. And it works exactly the way you have described
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 21:02   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post

Eco & Sports mode basically play with the fuel injectors of the vehicle & not necessarily anything else hence the sluggish & the aggressive behavior of the ride.

At the equation of 100 kmph @ sub 2000 rpm is possible only if the fuel flow is constant as in the sports mode, the moment you shift to eco, the rpm is bound to rise & the FE will fall. This is my opinion !
Old 29th September 2017, 22:39   #2685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Checked out your image for like 1 minute
One thing I noticed, your friend is cruising in ECO mode in 6th gear, in which the instant fuel consumption is showing well 30 kmpl. I know it wont be accurate but will like to know till what extent the fuel efficiency rises after driving the car in ECO mode on highways.

I'm surprised he is riding in ECO mode - should have something to with the run-in period.

Will check with him on the FE. But like answered in an earlier post - I believe FE just be same if you are cruising at a set speed - irrespective of the mode you are in.

PS- I had similar experience with the RaceDynamics tuning box - which, though aftermarket, works rather similarly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Is it the Diesel or the Petrol Variant?
It's the diesel.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed