Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 13:47   #2746
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Agree with Reinhard, that ceramic strip is going to get very dirty each time you drive, wash, or give car for service. I mentioned this in my post few days back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
- Ceramic strip is going to be tough to maintain. It is better to do transparent protective wrap from 3M or similar vendors
Whoever getting Nexon - please wrap that strip with a transparent film from 3M.
Latheesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 14:23   #2747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
I think the best petrol engine in this segment would be between WR-V and Ecosport, and Ecosport might win it. Nexon is quite a long way back compared to these 2. Hell, I would take the now price reduced i20 Active over Nexon petrol engine.
I agree on Eco-sport petrol (1.5L and 1L turbocharged)

But WRV petrol it moves like a buffalo

WRV : 89bhp@6000rpm 110Nm@4800rpm
i20 active : 82bhp@6000rpm 115Nm@4000rpm
Nexon : 108bhp@5000rpm 170Nm@1750rpm
Thermodynamics is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 14:50   #2748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think the best petrol engine in this segment would be between WR-V and Ecosport, and Ecosport might win it. Nexon is quite a long way back compared to these 2. Hell, I would take the now price reduced i20 Active over Nexon petrol engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
I agree on Eco-sport petrol (1.5L and 1L turbocharged)

But WRV petrol it moves like a buffalo

WRV : 89bhp@6000rpm 110Nm@4800rpm
i20 active : 82bhp@6000rpm 115Nm@4000rpm
Nexon : 108bhp@5000rpm 170Nm@1750rpm
I think the W-RV's 1.2 iVtec will be good on refinement and in-cabin noise insulation. But from a pleasure / fun to drive perspective, its about the same as economy grade hatchbacks due to the W-RV's weight, wide tires.

The Revotron 1.2T will be pretty good on performance I think. Its the NVH and fuel efficiency that might be the points that may trouble it. FE should still be OK considering it is based on a frugal engine from the TIAGO.

The 1.5 from EcoSport (Ford Sigma engine) is I think the most neutral of the 3 like Thermodynamics mentioned. A good balance of refinement, power delivery & driveability.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 14:54   #2749
Senior - BHPian

You took the words right out of my mouth. My experience at Concorde, Dairy Circle was like entering the Govt land registration office. This place is the last recourse for anyone looking for a car.

There is no excitement and zero zest to sell. They give passable quotes for your old vehicle so they don't have to deal with it.

I have raised this with higher ups, but I doubt if anything will change, as the energy needs to flow from the 'top-down'. You need to see it to believe it. Adhya was a refreshing change, so was KHT and Prerana. Seeing this, I was reconsidering going for Tata, and even now wondering if I might have made a mistake thinking of the service angle. But Adhya has given all assurance for a great service. I'll document this in a separate thread as well.

With a probable blockbuster product in hand, The Nexon, they cant be so lax. Else a great let down to a great product in which they have invested 3 years. Write to Mayank Pareek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Okay, so took my Vista to new Concorde workshop in Pune (Tathawade) as apparently my preferred place (Pandit Auto) has shut shop!! The same experience - waiting for an SA to meet for about 15 minutes, getting a free coffee, then the SA talking on his phone to someone else while I sat at his desk. But then thats Concorde for you. I'll document the whole experience separately in my thread..
Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th October 2017 at 15:05.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 15:26   #2750
BHPian

Quote:
I'm disgusted to see inflated handling charges and insurance numbers in Concorde showroom.
I got a price list from Concorde Motors Wakdewadi ( next to Shoppers Stop) and that one has handling charges mentioned as zero.
SneakyFunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 15:33   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
I think the W-RV's 1.2 iVtec will be good on refinement and in-cabin noise insulation. But from a pleasure / fun to drive perspective, its about the same as economy grade hatchbacks due to the W-RV's weight, wide tires.
Numbers are not everything. What I look for in an engine is smoothness of power delivery. During my test drive of the Nexon Petrol, the petrol was very sluggish to start from situations like traffic signal. Don't forget the weight of Nexon is more too. Power came after crossing 2500 rpm, but shortly afterwards the 3 cylinder made itself apparent.

WR-V felt much more natural in my opinion. There was smooth movement from standstill and there was no jerky behaviour. How, I wish that WR-V was launched with the 1.5 in Honda City!
autorahul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 15:33   #2752
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
I got a price list from Concorde Motors Wakdewadi ( next to Shoppers Stop) and that one has handling charges mentioned as zero.
Important piece of information! So there is not even proper communication between Concorde's own outlets.

I have also taken price quotes for Safari Storme and SUMO GOLD (for which I had to wait for 15 minutes without anything to do as nobody had the price-lists for these two). SUMO GOLD has 9k handling charges. These guys are joking really.

Safari Storme's price quote will work very well for increasing sales of the Scorpio. Bare-bones EX costs same or more as a Scorpio S4+ (ABS + Airbags) 4x4.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th October 2017 at 15:37.
Old 4th October 2017, 16:14   #2753
Distinguished - BHPian

Today's spyshot of the Nexon XZA, courtesy Ron.

What's more interesting to note in this pic - notice the partly-camouflaged Safari Storme in the lead with red TC plates? A facelift in the offing, or a future AT variant?

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20171004wa0029.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:19   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Today's spyshot
Pardon me sir if this has been asked before, but any updates about your booking? Would love to know. Thanks.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:24   #2755
BHPian

I purchased a compact SUV in July this year and I seriously considered WRV as an option. But when I test drove it my reply to the dealer was exactly yours
Quote:
How, I wish that WR-V was launched with the 1.5 in Honda City!
It was sluggish, particularly when AC is turned to maximum. The 1.2L naturally aspired engine is a well refined one but in my opinion is good for Brio, not for WRV. Ideally they should have done what Ford did with the eco-boost and Tata did with the Nexon i.e. a turbo charger.

Note: WRV petrol sells at a premium of over a lakh above an equivalent Nexon.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 16:50   #2756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
What's more interesting to note in this pic - notice the partly-camouflaged Safari Storme in the lead with red TC plates? A facelift in the offing, or a future AT variant?

The Nexon did not draw much attention for me - but the Storme did. An AT wont need camo like that. More like a small facelift ?
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 17:09   #2757
BHPian

My only concern with Nexon is the reliability of the new engines. WR-V (petrol), though, under-powered has one the most reliable engines in the country. In terms of After Sales Service reputation, I will prefer Honda over Tata every time.
Old 4th October 2017, 17:28   #2758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
My only concern with Nexon is the reliability of the new engines. WR-V (petrol), though, under-powered has one the most reliable engines in the country. In terms of After Sales Service reputation, I will prefer Honda over Tata every time.
After sales support apart, I don't see a reason to have any concerns about the engines. Tata has been making them since decades now and has never faced reliability related issues. FE with petrol engines - yeah they rarely managed it. But reliability wise I think they'll be on par with peers.

Also - the Nexon has been running all over the country in testing literally for ages now. Safe to assume any issues found would have been rectified a long time ago.

Engine designs now a days are aided a lot with computers, dynos and all possible electronic tools. So finding the problems before the engine is running on the road is highly probable and generally thats the case.

Ironically, its Honda's F1 racing arm that is not able to do it since 3 years now.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 17:43   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
Could you share the same? It might be helpful for people who can use that as reference during the discussions with dealers.
Old 4th October 2017, 17:48   #2760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Nexon did not draw much attention for me - but the Storme did. An AT wont need camo like that. More like a small facelift ?
Exactly, I too noticed the Storme, NOT the Nexon
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed