Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 10:50   #2806
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

To those who have taken the delivery of the vehicle, is there any clarity on the activity key? Have they listed it as an accessory? Or offering the same?

Asking this because there has been complete silence on the same!
Old 6th October 2017, 13:09   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
To those who have taken the delivery of the vehicle, is there any clarity on the activity key? Have they listed it as an accessory? Or offering the same?

Asking this because there has been complete silence on the same!
It is an accessory and not given with XZ+. I bought XZ+ last week
driftagain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 13:10   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
It is an accessory and not given with XZ+. I bought XZ+ last week
Have they quoted any price for it as well?
Old 6th October 2017, 13:14   #2809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
It would be good if you could speak from experience of using a car that was manufactured after the Zest. I know the Indica/Indigo and Safari horror stories, but things changed after the Zest. We have a Maruti, Hyundai and Tata at home, and in terms of ASS, Hyundai is the worst while Tata is the best. They do not overcharge the customers. While everyone is entitled to an opinion, all I can say is circumstances should shape opinions. Reliability is not a given trait. Our Baleno overheated on a long drive and the AC did not work. The culprit was a leak in the pipe connecting the coolant tank to the radiator. The irony was that the car was serviced a week before this happened. Let's not try to denigrate a product that redefines value, desirability and quality in the sub-10 lakh segment, without experiencing it.
I'm speaking from personal experience with a Tata Zest. Don't mean to denigrate the Nexon, since I have not driven it. TML has a long way to go before it can be compared with Japs on reliability.
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 14:47   #2810
Distinguished - BHPian

I finally got to drive the petrol version today. And it is fine. I do not see it as under-powered. As with the Diesel, here too the city mode is sufficient for pretty much all driving in the city. The drive was with A/c on. I didnot feel a turbo lag either. I think a 1.3 litre turbo mill would have been better - not too bigger than the current one, but just that much edge over the 1.2.

Comparatively, I felt the diesel has slightly better NVH. All else remains same as with the Diesel. Clutch is fine, braking is good.

Will have to wait and see how the AMT goes. From the word earlier in the thread, the AMT should be better than what's currently available in the market.

Last edited by condor : 6th October 2017 at 15:16.
condor is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 14:55   #2811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
And it is fine. I do not see it as under-powered. As with the Diesel, here too the city mode is sufficient for pretty much all driving in the city.
What a pleasure to read this!! Thanks. This will help a lot of prospective buyers on the fence to at least have enough confidence to take a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think a 1.3 litre turbo mill would have been better - not too bigger than the current one, but just that much edge over the 1.2.
That would take the car out of the sub4M bracket & the starting price would not have looked like it does right now...
I still feel a 4 cylinder 1.2L with more aggressive turbo would have worked wonders. But they opted for FE & low price over a punchy petrol performer.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 15:05   #2812
BHPian

A tale of two brothers

I booked Brezza in April, it was delivered in July. I could have waited for Nexon but I wasn't sure of launch date and additional time needed until expert reviews come to take a call. Nevertheless, Nexon is one of the most interesting launches for me this year and I followed it closely.

My elder brother had also booked a Brezza but still hasn't taken delivery. I spoiled his decision. He was not a Tata guy and was reluctant to even listen to me on Nexon. I said him, do me a favor, please drive Brezza and then test drive Nexon and let me know how you feel. I annoyed him several times over a span of 8 days until he finally agreed. That evening I received a call from him, he said, "I booked it". I asked him why didn't he ask my opinion before booking. He replied "If one has driven Nexon, He would not like Brezza".

It happened 10 days back and the waiting period then was 6-7 weeks.
Thermodynamics is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 15:15   #2813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
That would take the car out of the sub4M bracket & the starting price would not have looked like it does right now...
I still feel a 4 cylinder 1.2L with more aggressive turbo would have worked wonders.
Ah ! I had missed this point. You are correct - the 4 cyl would have been better, and the NVH also would have been better with that. Reg the turbo, too much gain later would have meant lag. The current set up is balanced in that way.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 15:16   #2814
Distinguished - BHPian

The segment leader standing with the segment's newest (and possibly strongest) challenger.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-3.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-4.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 16:09   #2815
Senior - BHPian

Just sent a message to Prerana BTM layout showroom inquiring availability of Petrol version for test drive. Got a reply within seconds, and sales person made a follow up call to confirm. Yes, both diesel and petrol test drive vehicles are available.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 16:47   #2816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Just sent a message to Prerana BTM layout showroom inquiring availability of Petrol version for test drive. Got a reply within seconds, and sales person made a follow up call to confirm. Yes, both diesel and petrol test drive vehicles are available.
Both the vehicles are also available at the Lal Bagh road showroom. Suggest avoid peak traffic times if possible.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 17:11   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Yes, both diesel and petrol test drive vehicles are available.
Please do confirm with them before going for the TD. Until a couple of weeks back Prerana Motors was using a single diesel Nexon for 3 of their showrooms' TD needs. I went to Prerana BTM for the TD and found out this the hard way.
Old 6th October 2017, 18:02   #2818
BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Hi All

Just thinking that Nexon Top end at approx. 11 lakhs onroad is very close Scross Zeta variant. You get a much more accomplished car (chassis, platform, space, interior quality) with a slightly underpowered but fuel efficient engine. This is based on the reviews so far.

Can anybody who has driven the recent scross facelift and the Nexon comment on this.

Thanks,
Vishnu
Old 6th October 2017, 20:27   #2819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hi All

Just thinking that Nexon Top end at approx. 11 lakhs onroad is very close Scross Zeta variant. You get a much more accomplished car (chassis, platform, space, interior quality) with a slightly underpowered but fuel efficient engine. This is based on the reviews so far.

Can anybody who has driven the recent scross facelift and the Nexon comment on this.

Thanks,
Vishnu
S Cross Zeta is approx 70k more ( ex showroom price) than Nexon XZ+.
Nexon interiors are better than s cross for sure, the engine is peppier and less engine noise inside cabin.
Haven't driven the facelift but drove earlier version twice extensively and cancelled S-Cross booking (had made the booking for facelift vesion) after driving Nexon.
S-Cross does have more space and seating position is more sedan like than SUVish and I wish Nexon had sliding arm rest as in SCross.
driftagain is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 22:36   #2820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Hi All

Thanks,
Vishnu
If space is a priority then the S Cross trumps the Nexon. In fact these two should strictly not be compared apple to apple as the Suzuki has a much longer wheelbase and is in a different segment than the Nexon.

Powertrain-wise the diesel Nexon has an edge over the Fiat powered S-Cross, especially now, as the facelifted Suzie is only available with the smaller 1.3 Fiat SDE - which though frugal and extremely robust is beginning to show its age in terms of refinement and NVH.

The Nexon's steering is particularly sweet and it's plush ride a revelation for the segment. The diesel is very tractable from low down the rev range with hardly any discernible turbo lag and hauls the 1.2 tonne car briskly. The top model is also kitted out impressively in terms of contents and fitments with almost every conceivable gee-gaw thrown in.

So for you, the decision should hinge on your space requirement. I believe Tata has a company owned service station in Chennai which should allay your after sales concerns

Last edited by arjab : 6th October 2017 at 22:43.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks