Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2017, 00:13   #2821
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Team,

Uploading the Tata Nexon Genuine Accessories PDF presentation, and the accessories Price List which has the respective Part numbers as well.

Credits - Salati Aamir & Prashant on WhatsApp.
RavenAvi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 01:46   #2822
Senior - BHPian

Off topic: I am seeing the front cornering sensors for the first time! For 4k, they surely look worth the scratches they would save. But how would they operate? Would they buzz constantly in traffic?
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 05:32   #2823
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I drove both and found the SCross engine inadequate in terms of power. Nexon's new engine pulls well and surprisingly the turbo lag isn't noticeable. The interiors just did not ignite the same wow feeling as the Nexon. The latter cabin size looked just about adequate, and well appointed. You should take a test drive to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Can anybody who has driven the recent scross facelift and the Nexon comment on this.

Last edited by theMAG : 7th October 2017 at 20:47. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 7th October 2017, 08:45   #2824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
If space is a priority then the S Cross trumps the Nexon. In fact these two should strictly not be compared apple to apple as the Suzuki has a much longer wheelbase and is in a different segment than the Nexon.
Arjab, when you say space, would like to know where does S-Cross score over the Nexon.

Space inside the Nexon is good, hardly any difference where seats are concerned.

Boot Space ? S-Cross is 353, and Nexon is 350 litres

Engine Capacity ? Nexon's 1.5 litre, 260Nm compared to the 1.3 litre / 200 Nm of the S-Cross

Width ? Height ? All there.

Ok, price wise, not as much as the S-Cross

So now wondering where did the additional 300mm length of the S-Cross go ? Can even ask, what did Maruti / Suzuki do with that extra length ?

The Nexon's design is too good! The car gives so much within that compact size, and at a much lesser price than it's competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Just thinking that Nexon Top end at approx. 11 lakhs onroad is very close Scross Zeta variant. You get a much more accomplished car (chassis, platform, space, interior quality) with a slightly underpowered but fuel efficient engine. This is based on the reviews so far.
When a person says "much more accomplished car", it would indicate actual and sufficient ownership of both cars, over time, distance, terrain etc. Here, I see neither .. or do you have a S-Cross ? My response to your post is not about you, but to say that reviews are just reviews beyond a point. I dont think even those people who posted those reviews have that much experience to make that statement. If not owning the S-Cross, they dont have the Nexon yet.
condor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 08:58   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Arjab, when you say space, would like to know where does S-Cross score over the Nexon.

Space inside the Nexon is good, hardly any difference where seats are concerned.

Boot Space ? S-Cross is 353, and Nexon is 350 litres

Engine Capacity ? Nexon's 1.5 litre, 260Nm compared to the 1.3 litre / 200 Nm of the S-Cross

Width ? Height ? All there.

Ok, price wise, not as much as the S-Cross

So now wondering where did the additional 300mm length of the S-Cross go ? Can even ask, what did Maruti / Suzuki do with that extra length ?

The Nexon's design is too good! The car gives so much within that compact size, and at a much lesser price than it's competitors.
Condor, You are right regarding space. But I believe the cabin airiness which is quite less in Nexon owing to the coupe design is creating that less space feeling in Nexon compared to SCross.
mrbaddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 12:22   #2826
BHPian

For people concerned on Tata Motors A.S.S., please be noted that for issues in my Zest (which some service engineers could not even understand/resolve), engineers from the Plant directly were in touch with me.
The Regional CRM, the Regional Sales Mgr and the engineers from the plant spoke to me to understand the issue and help in resolution.
Yes, it required a push from me to reach out to Tata beyond the dealer and I didn't let it to easy. The Regional Service Head along with an engineer from Pune plant spent 1.5 hours test driving my Zest (Concorde Diary Circle to Whitefield) to experience the problem first hand.

And they did continue to respond and stay in touch for the resolution.

Tata Motors has ceased to be their old self and since past 3 years there is a remarkable turn around in the way they do business and handle their customers.

Coming to Nexon, I have just seen it in flesh at Prerana Lalbagh but not test driven. Tried on Oct 2 but the dealers were off on a holiday.
balajisv is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 14:21   #2827
BHPian

Test drove the Nexon yesterday and found it really good. It took a while for me to get used to the clutch of my Swift ZDi again - Nexon was that smooth.
New2Carz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 16:11   #2828
BHPian

Why I cancelled my Nexon booking:

So like all of us, I have been following the Nexon for quite some time now and was happy to finally see it out in the market. I went ahead and booked the XZ+ Diesel at Fortune Thane.
I have a Indica Vista which is nine years old and I am used to Tata Service centers' (Pune/Thane) service levels. So my expectations were not high.

As reading everywhere that Tata experience levels have improved over the last couple of years, I thought that it would be a good opportunity to experience this first hand. My last service experiences were decent and the service guys had just forgotten two things that I had asked for.

Since we all need to feel happy doing some negotiation, I asked to dealer to remove the handling charges. I showed them various images from here showing zero handling charges being levied by other dealers.
The dealer was adamant and I was in love with the Nexon, so I relented and asked him to throw in mats and carpets for free just to close the deal.
I planned to get the puddle lamp and a few extra accessories at full cost.
To my utter surprise the dealer refused. I asked him if he would stick with that decision even if that means me cancelling the booking?. He was adamant, saying even Tata employees do not get to negotiate.
No amount of persuasion would work on him as he said the Nexon has a waiting period and there would be no negotiation. This really hurt my fragile ego.

Well.. I cancelled my booking.

Since I still love the Nexon, I messaged my friend in Tata Motors, wrote a huge mail ( I know you lurk here and he assured me he would escalate this. I will now wait.
I hope nothing else captur my attention in the meantime.

The booking cancellation charges were zero. So that was good.
Kommandogerät is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 16:56   #2829
BHPian

Have driven my Nexon for about 350Kms now, some observations and updates:
-The car is a big time head turner, wherever I go/stop people turn/slow down to have a look again
-Tata seems to have put a lot of thought while designing the interiors. The dashboard material has a textured finish and looks different,upmarket and nice. The switchgear is better built even external wipers seem solid. Power window switches, the center panel switches have a premium feel. Their is a lot of chrome but isn't in your face type. The twin grey colours and black top part of dashboard look nice. The colors of the touch screen system change as you change the engine mode (Red for Sport, Blue for city and green for eco mode). The connection to phone over BT works flawlessly, I am yet to try Android auto or Apple car play.
The fuel indication is by small lights (see pic, it looks nice).
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nightnexon.jpg
-When you start the engine the RPM and speedo needles max out a la Jaguar (I like the drama )
- An approx mileage calculation shows 17.5+kmpl (Was getting fuel low message when i took delivery, filled for Rs 1000(16.8 ltr). When I again got fuel low message I had driven 300 Kms). This is a mix of 33% highway and rest city with 90% in sport mode but I have mostly driven with a light foot. Have tanked up and will be able to better judge when I fill up next time.
-I find sport mode the best, the engine seems a lot more responsive.
I have made short video for the interiors which also shows the engine start needle max out.
driftagain is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 18:34   #2830

This being my first post on this forum, I would leave out the reviews of Nexon to the pros. I would rather share my experience which, contrary to the popular belief, has been pleasant so far. I will be honest that I was a bit skeptical to look towards a Tata vehicle initially, not because of the products they are offering but due to all the 'average/below average after sales service from TATA ' discussions going online. Being a first time buyer, I really do not want to stuck with a good product but average/below par after sales service.

To add a bit of background, as a first time buyer, I started my search with hatches (Figo, i20) which then spilled on to compact sedans (Tigor, Aspire, Dzire) and then due to all the anticipation, excitement and discussion happening around Nexon got me interested in this segment actually this particular car (although I know I will have to stretch my initial budget of 7-8 lakhs). It was rightly pointed out in this thread a while back that lines between these segments are becoming blurry, at least this is the case with me.

Coming back to the point, after checking out different vehicles I decided to check Nexon. I had visited earlier KHT Motors at Brookfield, Bangalore for Tigor (in August 2017) and had a satisfactory experience nothing much to complain about nothing to boast either. Since then a couple of SAs were in contact with me as I had shown interest in then soon to be launched Nexon. I visited them a couple of time to check out Nexon in display but couldn't get a chance to take TD.

To my surprise, SA from KHT has been closely following up with me even before the launch. He informed me about the availability of a TD XZ+ Diesel just before the launch and offered me a quick spin however I couldn't make it due to some personal commitments and kept on delaying it.

He relentlessly followed up with me and since last one week I was desperately trying to get my hands on but something or the other kept me away (non availability of the vehicle during my preferred time etc.). That was until two days back when he called me again and said that he can come down to my home with TD Nexon and boy, was I excited to hear this!

So last evening he along with his TL came down with a blue dual tone XZ+ Diesel. Thanks to the road just outside my apartment building, I got test the suspension of Nexon which amazingly absorbed all those bumps, potholes etc. that this road had to offer. Even SA's TL acknowledged that this was a true test for Nexon's off-roading capabilities!

I did about 12 km in city traffic and I was thoroughly impressed by the ride quality and creature comforts it had to offer. I did most of the driving in city mode although I couldn't get past the fourth gear, the city driving felt comfortable. The cabin insulation was quite good so much so that I couldn't hear of a truck revving up standing right besides me at a red light and this was when I turned off the music. Thumbs up to the engineers at Tata for keeping NVH to a minimum. Another trivial feature which my wife liked was the voice commands (she was merrily changing the radio stations!).

Overall, I had a pretty good experience. I had expressed my inclination towards seeing a Grey Nexon in person when I went to the showroom just after the launch (they had a red in display then) and surprisingly SA had this at the back of his mind. He informed that they have one now in display at the showroom so I extended the TD to their showroom and I liked what I saw, The Glasgow Grey colors looks gorgeous in person, the pics don't do justice.

I am in the market for a petrol vehicle and currently waiting for petrol Nexon TD vehicle to be available which as per KHT should be sometime next week. SA has promised a longer (highway) TD as soon as it is available. Wife and I were quite impressed with Nexon and ended up handing the token amount of 11k. I am hoping that petrol lives up to the expectation and if everything goes well, a Grey petrol XZ+ would be my first buy!

I have got a list of accessories and OTR pricing from them, here are the pics attached in case anyone wants it for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20171007-6.28.32-pm.jpeg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20171007-6.28.32-pm-1.jpeg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20171007-6.28.33-pm.jpeg  

unbeknown_guy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 20:51   #2831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
[b] No amount of persuasion would work on him as he said the Nexon has a waiting period and there would be no negotiation. This really hurt my fragile ego.

Well.. I cancelled my booking.
In my experience, discounts on newly launched products are not that easily agreed upon. And if there is a waiting, even more difficult.

You can try other dealers, even out of town.

I have done that. To satisfy my ego (over only a couple of thousands with the dealer in my city), once I bought a car from a different city 200 kms away.
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 21:13   #2832
A M
BHPian

It was being mentioned that the activity key is an accessory but it is not even mentioned in any of the accessory brochures and price lists posted above. What's the deal? Anyone has an idea?
Old 7th October 2017, 21:18   #2833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
You can try other dealers, even out of town.

I have done that. To satisfy my ego (over only a couple of thousands with the dealer in my city), once I bought a car from a different city 200 kms away.
That is exactly what I planned to do.
I think my frustration came from the fact that I want Tata to succeed with this car. It is painful to see such attitude during the sale. Some ego massaging techniques should be incorporated in the sales training.

But there is hope. After seeing this post, a person higher up the hierarchy in Tata Motors contacted me. He has promised to resolve this matter.
This was great due to two reasons.
- The response was lighting fast.
- The person from Tata contacted me on a weekend during non office hours.
This speaks volumes about the change of culture.
Will update about the developments.
Kommandogerät is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 23:59   #2834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
That is exactly what I planned to do.
I think my frustration came from the fact that I want Tata to succeed with this car. It is painful to see such attitude during the sale. Some ego massaging techniques should be incorporated in the sales training.

But there is hope. After seeing this post, a person higher up the hierarchy in Tata Motors contacted me. He has promised to resolve this matter.
This was great due to two reasons.
- The response was lighting fast.
- The person from Tata contacted me on a weekend during non office hours.
This speaks volumes about the change of culture.
Will update about the developments.
Can you ask him to contact me as well? I wrote a lengthy email to two very very senior blokes in Tata regarding a local dealership. Not even an acknowledgement from them.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 00:23   #2835
BHPian

Test drove both petrol and diesel Nexon at Skill Arena this evening. In fact, it was my first opportunity to see the car though have been reading regularly about the product.

A lot has been written about the car's built, features, finishes, etc so keeping those aside. Must mention that the ride quality was plush. The agent suggested me to take the car over roughs at varying speeds and feel the ride quality. Had to agree that it has a nicely tuned suspension for all speeds.

Coming to engine, diesel has been extensively reported as powerful and competent, which it indeed is. Its the lesser tried petrol that came as surprise. First, refinement for a 3-pot engine is of high degree. Actually sat in the stationary car for ten minutes with engine on and glasses down, with the rep speaking about various features. The live engine didn't do much to make its presence felt, either through noise or vibrations. Or maybe I should be more accurate, there were occasional vibrations in brake-pedal when the gear was engaged, but only slight.

On the move, petrol no way felt sluggish or under-powered. It picked the speed cleanly and quickly (tried city and sports modes). The engine was revving freely like any good petrol one. The result is that the one in no time reaches turbo zone and stays there for most of the drive. However, once had to apply sudden brake in third gear and rpm fell below 1400. The engine shown reluctance to pick-up from there and had to downshift to second. So, lag is not exactly absent.

The drive was for about 4km and traffic a bit tight, so could not go beyond fourth gear anytime. Another longer test drive with petrol therefore remains due, but came back impressed still.

Last edited by rsm97 : 8th October 2017 at 00:26.
rsm97 is offline   (22) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed