Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2017, 14:49   #2866
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
10313 bookings for Nexon, got this info at Concorde.
Oops! As I expected - Nexon has received a rather lukewarm initial response considering the segment.

Bookings were officially opened back in September - the 11th to be exact. So today marks one month and the bookings have just crossed the 10k mark.

Even the recently launched Honda WRV had crossed 12k bookings within the first month.

Brezza had crossed 40k bookings within the first month of launch. Ecosport had 17k bookings within the first week and 30k bookings in 17 days post which they suspended bookings. But both of these were during the earlier days of the segment.

Hopefully the sales should pick up once the reviews and initial impressions reach a wider audience.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th October 2017 at 14:51.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 14:59   #2867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Sorry, it's not entirely clear from your post. Did you close the deal as in decided to buy the Swift? Or you cancelled the booking of the Swift?
Sorry for being ambigous. Yes, I sold my ever loving Swift vdi (ABS) 2010 Sep model which served me 1,23,000 km of pure joy and pride without failling on the fun and thrill factor till date.
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 15:23   #2868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oops! As I expected - Nexon has received a rather lukewarm initial response considering the segment.

Bookings were officially opened back in September - the 11th to be exact. So today marks one month and the bookings have just crossed the 10k mark.

Even the recently launched Honda WRV had crossed 12k bookings within the first month.

Brezza had crossed 40k bookings within the first month of launch. Ecosport had 17k bookings within the first week and 30k bookings in 17 days post which they suspended bookings. But both of these were during the earlier days of the segment.

Hopefully the sales should pick up once the reviews and initial impressions reach a wider audience.
Correct.
However, the pre-launch booking numbers are hardly an indicator of the eventual success of a product. A good example would be the Tiago.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 15:31   #2869
BHPian

Quote:
I think I mentioned this before in another Tata related thread. When it comes to Tata, success will be slow and steady. I think just as it happened with the Tiago, when people see more Nexons on the road, more will they like it resulting in better sales numbers. Very unlikely that people will throng the showrooms for a newly launched Tata product. Looks like not many want to be the first to try it out
Old 10th October 2017, 15:33   #2870
BHPian

Quote:

Partially Agree with you. Cannot definitely compare with Brezza since its MSIL
With Ecopsort, there was this huge first in the segment advantage. But yes, compared to W-RV, this number is low. Honda has just 275 odd dealerships where as TATA has almost double of that.

But I think there is more to this than just booking numbers.
1) As always, TATA has this whole baggage of legacy issues of old cars which will definitely make people apprehensive to take the plunge. Even Tiago did not have blockbuster initial bookings. As you mentioned, word out of mouth should improve the prospects.
2) Added to that the design of Nexon is definitely polarizing.
3) They were anyways looking at only 3500 units per month in the initial stage.
4) With AMT not being launched now, that also would have put off some prospective customers.
5) People are waiting to see what Ford is bringing into Ecosport Facelift. With launch pretty imminent, it makes sense for people to wait it out and then decide.
6) With lots of cross shopping happening these days, am sure Dzire is stealing all those left right and center. One of my colleague who was waiting for Nexon/Ecosport test drove a Dzire and fell in love with it and is now waiting forever to get one!

Is this number just bookings from Concorde dealers across India. If not, am curious how a Concorde dealer can get such figures that too a specific number of 10313! Won't these numbers be available only at Tata Motors?
RaghuVis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 16:09   #2871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
If not, am curious how a Concorde dealer can get such figures that too a specific number of 10313! Won't these numbers be available only at Tata Motors?
Simple. Concorde Motors is a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Motors.
Old 10th October 2017, 16:42   #2872
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
When can we expect the team-bhp review of Nexon? Has it been cooked and not served yet or not yet cooked?
Cooked, just being readied to serve. Have to tie all the loose ends together.

I'd say it should be up before Diwali.
GTO is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 16:52   #2873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Is this number just bookings from Concorde dealers across India. If not, am curious how a Concorde dealer can get such figures that too a specific number of 10313! Won't these numbers be available only at Tata Motors?
New product, sales updates will be there, and such numbers -esp total bookings - would be shared by Tata Motors with all dealers. Even if they dont share break-up by dealer.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 16:55   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

There you go !!! Glad to hear that. This would be awesome Diwali gift for all BHPian. This review would be mega launch from Team-BHP on this Diwali. eagerly waiting for the review. Thank you !!!
Old 10th October 2017, 19:10   #2875
BHPian

Quote:

So glad to hear that with a tinge of sadness. Yes sadness is the wait extends for another week.

Some team bhp number crunching. There are over 1 lakh views to this thread in the last five days (from 05-Oct 6 pm onwards till now).

10/10
2,555,616 18:36
2,545,667 10:09

10/09
2,540,798 23:32
2,524,809 06:52

10/08
2,520,056 22:42
2,503,761 06:00
2,500,696 00:02

10/07
2,490,448 14:17
2,483,346 07:08

10/06
2,475,827 22:57
2,457,799 08:45

10/05
2,453,469 22:57
2,447,953 17:55

Was travelling over the weekend and started tracking this. That's how crazily I'm following this thread. I only posted two numbers for each day, if I had posted all the numbers that I tracked within a day, I would definitely get hospital suggestions to get some cure.
mrbaddy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 19:45   #2876
BHPian

Quote:

If Tata's sales graph goes drastically one way or another, they have you to blame.

Seriously, there are so many folks who I have met who wait for our review to come out before they purchase a car. Notwithstanding all the major blogs / mag reviews, they are fixated on the TBHP review before they put their money down.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 20:48   #2877
BHPian

Had a quick glance through a silver, and a blue (dual tone) Nexon. Blue color in person is vibrant and will certainly please the millennial eyeballs. The car is big, not huge big, but big, and has a presence people will turn heads to. The vehicle looks bigger than it is in silver. Off late, silver has been my favourite color for cars, as it is subtle, elegant, and sophisticated. Nexon does get a few understated characteristics lent partially to it due to the silver color. However, the ceramic strip is one ugly bit on the silver color. They could have introduced the dark grey ceramic strip like the one they have on white, or even introduced a silver-grey/black dual tone in XZ+. That color combination could have been wooed a few potential Brezza buyers for its subtle-sporty combo looks. Tata should do something about it. Silver looks like the most ignored color.

Quote:

2017 has two big suspense and a lot of eyes waiting eagerly, counting days for them. First half, it was the answer to 'Why Katappa killed Bahubali' , and second half of the year being the TBHP official review for Nexon. In a country where the population is spoiled by choices who even go ahead to breach embargoes to bring reviews the same day (a lot of them being half baked though), despite having a plethora of options, people wait for months (even their bookings depend on it) for the most genuine reviews of them all. That's a feat no one else can achieve. Kudos to the entire team!

Looks like it'll be a Diwali gift to us all

Last edited by PrasunBannerjee : 10th October 2017 at 20:51. Reason: typo
PrasunBannerjee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 21:39   #2878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Speaking of niggles, have any of the early owners of the car reported any issues that have arised during the initial ownership? Curious to know as I'm planning to buy this car, post a few financial calculations and consultations.
I've had the Diesel top end, for a while now. The ownership is satisfying. Important things like engine, chassis and gears get full marks. The car turns heads for sure. Have minor issues to report like key fob not working consistently (locking), voice recognition not doing its job (embarrassing in front of co-passengers), Front charging socket not holding the charger tight enough (letting it pop out). Mileage stands at 12KMPL, but haven't crossed even the fourth gear in Bengaluru's terrible traffic.

This would be nitpicking on an otherwise great package.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_5540.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th October 2017 at 15:54. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
Sebring is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 21:48   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I've had the Diesel top end, for a while now.....

Love that photo. It is such a belying image of a serene, laidback energy just waiting to be pushed around the corners!
cingsman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 21:54   #2880
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. It brings out the contrast, though the design begs for a NASA backdrop. But its no corner carver for sure. That space is reserved for the GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingsman View Post
Love that photo. It is such a belying image of a serene, laidback energy just waiting to be pushed around the corners!

Last edited by Sebring : 10th October 2017 at 21:56. Reason: Added a sentence more
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks