Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 10:47   #2881
BANNED

Re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oops! As I expected - Nexon has received a rather lukewarm initial response considering the segment.
Even today after launching 3-4 competent products, many potential buyers are of the opinion that Tata is using the initial/launch customers are scapegoats for testing and validating the R&D carried out on the product. For first time buyers, stubborn nitpickers outnumber people who give out honest opinion. Another practical problem we face is the 'Image' factor ie. what will my neighbors and other friends think if I bought a Tata kind of a thought. Such people won't even take the pain of going to a Tata showroom to at least see it in flesh!

Considering the above factors, 10000+ bookings is not lukewarm but a near super-hit response.

Like you rightly pointed out, once the cars become a familiar sight on the roads - courtesy of the pioneers, the numbers should definitely get a move on.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 11:02   #2882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Lots of people talk about reliability, petrol engines, quality, aging etc. about the Tata cars. I know they were not great. But recent cars have changed, and changed drastically. Just sat in my cousins Tata Zest, which is 3+ year old now and run more than 40k+ on the odo. ...
I have similar story to tell. My childhood friend has a Honda City (Previous gen) S MT and a 3.5 year old Zest XT (Petrol) in his garage. Both used extensively in and around Pune with not much attention given to maintenance or their schedules.
The Zest is in outstanding shape, extremely comfortable ride quality, good ground clearance and very high tolerance for rough use. His City always had more niggles than the Zest, so much so that they prefer the Tata now for its highway-bility and dependability.
I am a convert already , but hard to convince my family as our previous 2 cars were Indica/go and the experience wasnt so rosy.
If I was in the market for a large-ish hatch, I would skip WR-V, i20 Active et-al and straightaway get a Nexon.
sajo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 12:57   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Thanks. It brings out the contrast, though the design begs for a NASA backdrop. But its no corner carver for sure. That space is reserved for the GT TSI!
Did you find the rear A/C vents on the Nexon effective? Do they help in cooling the car faster?
Old 11th October 2017, 15:05   #2884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've had the Diesel top end, for a while now. The ownership is satisfying.

Speaking of niggles, have any of the early owners of the car reported any issues that have arised during the initial ownership? Curious to know as I'm planning to buy this car, post a few financial calculations and consultations.

Attachment 1684267
Nice pic. But a bit confused with your above post. Do you already own a Nexon or planning to buy one because the first and 2nd para seem to say the opposite
Old 11th October 2017, 15:11   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Nice pic. But a bit confused with your above post. Do you already own a Nexon or planning to buy one because the first and 2nd para seem to say the opposite
Sebring does own a Nexon. Guess he was replying to this question and missed the quote tags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Speaking of niggles, have any of the early owners of the car reported any issues that have arised during the initial ownership? Curious to know as I'm planning to buy this car, post a few financial calculations and consultations.
spindoc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 15:45   #2886
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Unmesh Ghadi for sharing! Is there any issue with Nexon deliveries in Mumbai?

Quote:
I recently booked the Nexon XM diesel from Concorde, Malad (Mumbai). The delivery was scheduled for Diwali. However, just received info from the SA that all Nexon files are on hold at the RTO due to some pricing and RTO tax figure issues.

Attached is the supporting screenshot provided by him.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20171011wa0007.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 16:24   #2887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Considering the above factors, 10000+ bookings is not lukewarm but a near super-hit response.
You have defined a context and in that your opinion is correct.

But there was/is another context floating around where we felt Nexon could do wonderful things to TATA as Swift did to Maruti. How Nexon would take the segment by storm and even affect the segments above (like Verna/City) and below with its price range. It would even give sleepless nights to Maruti et al. Going by that context 10000+ bookings in a month would seem lukewarm.
Old 11th October 2017, 16:36   #2888
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Unmesh Ghadi for sharing! Is there any issue with Nexon deliveries in Mumbai?
An update from Umesh:

Quote:
I contacted the person responsible for RTO clearing at Concorde, he said company had provided dummy prices earlier to the RTO, hence there is some issue in RTO clearing which he claimed to have sorted out.

He promised on-time delivery.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 16:56   #2889
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post

But there was/is another context floating around where we felt Nexon could do wonderful things to TATA as Swift did to Maruti. How Nexon would take the segment by storm and even affect the segments above (like Verna/City) and below with its price range.
Very valid point Jagan. I wish our market was less brand centric and more product oriented. This would have encouraged Tata to take bigger gambles and try to make the product even better and harder to resist.

What I feel is given the current market scenario, Tata will definitely not have the volumes to get their cash registers ticking even to a minimum extent if the take the low margin - high volume model (at-least for the next 1-2 years till they shed their previous baggage).
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 17:05   #2890
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. It brings out the contrast, though the design begs for a NASA backdrop. But its no corner carver for sure. That space is reserved for the GT TSI!
I'm sure you've taken it for a spin! Now take it for a wild spin!!
Old 11th October 2017, 17:27   #2891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Carz View Post
Did you find the rear A/C vents on the Nexon effective? Do they help in cooling the car faster?
Nexon does NOT have rear AC. It is just a blower fan unit that sucks air from surrounding area ane blows it on the body or leg area.
Old 11th October 2017, 19:11   #2892
Senior - BHPian

That's right. The blower pulls in cool air from the cabin ahead. My family likes to keep it in Speed 2 as it does work, to an extent. But nothing like a separate AC unit.

Today, I noticed the infotainment display dims slightly when the headlights are switched on. The seats are so comfortable, like a couch actually, and tempts us to grab a shut eye sometimes.

Car continues to ring up the miles with few long trips, done and dusted. I'm extremely delighted with its highway manners, and so many stop me to ask questions on the car, click selfies etc. But still haven't found any time to collect the number plate!

The car is dear to us and has floored everyone, friends & relatives alike, so decided to shower some love in appreciation with some amazing detailing, windshield UV cut film, bumper protection film etc. from the excellent team at 3M, RMV Outlet. Highly recommend this place!

The car looks fresh like the day it was born!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Nexon does NOT have rear AC. It is just a blower fan unit that sucks air from surrounding area ane blows it on the body or leg area.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img_5691.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 19:31   #2893
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, Sebring ! I would like to see your Nexon and this color in person. How does it match up with the grey that the Zest / Bolt has ?
Quote:
Today, I noticed the infotainment display dims slightly when the headlights are switched on.
I think this is the right approach. If head-lights on, it is for dark hours. At such time having a bright display can affect one's vision. Reducing the brightness in the display will help

Last edited by condor : 11th October 2017 at 19:41.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 20:02   #2894
BHPian

Nexon mileage in sports mode.
Old 11th October 2017, 20:17   #2895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Nexon mileage in sports mode.
How in God's name did you shoot that while turning and all? Btw, does the cluster show 21.3 at the end?

Last edited by aah78 : 11th October 2017 at 23:03. Reason: Please do not quote videos within quotes. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks