Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 11:25   #2911
BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Which variant is the AMT? XZ+DT? I didn't know that they had launched the AMT as well. Any info what's the price for AMT versions in Bangalore?
AMT is not launched yet. I didn't check the manual, but it looks like it is a common manual for both Manual and AMT versions and hence the reference to AMT features.

Based on the spy shots posted earlier in the forum, I believe the AMT will be launched in XZ variants of both Petrol and Diesel.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th October 2017 at 15:40. Reason: Correcting typo.
Old 12th October 2017, 13:42   #2912
BHPian

Have been away from the thread for a while as the suspense of when the official review is going to come out, is killing me . Hence, sharing some diverse points in a longish post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
Apparently fogging of headlamps is a normal as per the Nexon manual.

Thanks mate for the update, i already had a hunch that this was a minor issue. Saw the fogging there in the ACI video also, where they declared Tata Nexon as the winner over Suzuki Brezza.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-autocar.jpg

On a separate note, my close friend visited the Nexon skill arena in Gurugram last week-end and did a XZ+ petrol booking.

He mentioned that the event was quite well organized with detailed drives allowed on the course and on roads also.

Both petrol & diesel were suitably packed in terms of power, performance and features.

Key observations was that almost all the prospective customers were non-Tata car owners who were finding the Nexon to be a great proposition.

Even newly bought C-Suv owners wanted to check and see what they have been missing in their rides.

Brezza..

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nex-arena1.jpg

TUV3OO..

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nex-arena2.jpg

p.s. Going by the accumulated dust on the test-drive cars, they endured quite some spirited driving. Also worth noting is that, the kink in the bumper in place of a rear mud-guard actually seems to work with, no visible splashes of dust despite the hooliganism.

Saw an entertaining comparo of the Nexon with Brezza, these guys seem to be giving @powerdrift a challenge on video quality & content

They summarize that brezza is for the mature, safe playing customer and nexon is for the young at heart, energetic, go-getter!

When did we last hear this for a Tata car

Thank you Sir RNT for guiding TML to come all this way.
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-nexon-rnt.jpg
Moto$apien is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 14:29   #2913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
On safe speeds. I have not tried to cross 80 on Indian roads, even in the previous car. 40-60 is my comfort zone. Lot of situations are thrown at you which one can never humanly be prepared for.

On the Nexon, I'm keeping the RPM under 2K during run in.

On a happy note, the 3M guys raised the car and told me underbody coating already exists, no need for it now. I had noticed this during PDI.
Aint that sweet? Saves me a bundle. The layout looks really neat.
This is what we call as "Value for Money". Believe me, when you buy a tata car the cost of components used to build the car is really more than the competition. You get more bang for the bucks.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 15:51   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
This is what we call as "Value for Money". Believe me, when you buy a tata car the cost of components used to build the car is really more than the competition. You get more bang for the bucks.
Absolutely agree with regards to value for money point. With each and every TATA car I bought in the past 3 years never felt short changed for the money I paid for them. Even the humble Nano comes with a bluetooth 4 speaker audio that can shame audios of cars twice or thrice it's price. Now once used to getting so much bang for your buck it's difficult to be convinced to buy any other brand that too coupled to the ridiculously low maintenance costs courtesy the AMC packages.
With Nexon TATA have got a product which can appeal to people who never considered a TATA product before and hopefully more and more get to experience these aspects.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 15:58   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Today got a call from Maruti dealer assuring Brezza delivery before Diwali. When I said I've picked up Nexon, he replies 'but doesn't that car have long waiting period?' 'Pick this one almost immediately'.

Looks like Maruti has ramped up production. Expect Brezza Ver2 to have killer goodies. Like they made a strong come back with Dzire, latest version.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 15:58   #2916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
That is due to the extra load on the car's battery & electrical systems. Similar to the effect AC has with the car's pulling power.
You might want to re-look at your statement. I hope you missed some input here.

No offence meant here but this being an informative forum, a statement like above is not suited which has similarity to funny one liners from the 'Diagnosis errors by mechanics & service centres' thread when we do not know the actual cause/reason. At the same time, it is perfectly fine to make a guess or opinion (keywords like 'probably' or 'my guess').
vidyanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 17:35   #2917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like Maruti has ramped up production. Expect Brezza Ver2 to have killer goodies. Like they made a strong come back with Dzire, latest version.
But Maruti seems to be resting its oars. They have not yet bothered to bring out AMT variant of Brezza. Almost all their hatchbacks have AMT variant.
Old 12th October 2017, 17:50   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The New Dzire is made on the new Swift Platform, expecting such a major (body) upgrade of the Brezza so soon would not happen.

The best one can expect are some minor cosmetic / styling changes. Maybe a Petrol engine and AMT at best.

Old 12th October 2017, 17:57   #2919
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like Maruti has ramped up production.
Yes. They've started a second shift at the Gujarat Hansalpur plant.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...go-down-406143
Old 12th October 2017, 18:00   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The New Dzire is made on the new Swift Platform, expecting such a major (body) upgrade of the Brezza so soon would not happen.

The best one can expect are some minor cosmetic / styling changes. Maybe a Petrol engine and AMT at best.
Like an RS version with generously applied sticker job , new seat covers and (if they actually work hard) a new alloy wheel design (more like same alloys spray painted to black). Needless to say, it will increase the sale of Brezza by a no more than the total sales of Nexon.

Last edited by Nav-i-gator : 12th October 2017 at 18:01.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 18:04   #2921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Like an RS version with generously applied sticker job , new seat covers and (if they actually work hard) a new alloy wheel design (more like same alloys spray painted to black).

Needless to say, it will increase the sale of Brezza by a no more than the total sales of Nexon.

Not a bad thing actually. Not everybody wants to own what everybody else owns.

Not everyone like to be a herd member.

payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 18:09   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Not a bad thing actually. Not everybody wants to own what everybody else owns.

Not everyone like to be a herd member.
Not for automakers though. Because, the people you are mentioning, form just about 30% of the total market size (considering ~50% Maruti, ~20% Hyundai), with intense competition.
Old 12th October 2017, 18:53   #2923
BHPian

Hey guys, saw this in the user manual PDF today.
Hope it is about water dripping below the car or from the exhaust and not in the interior
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-picsart_101206.46.54.jpg  

Sam_GTR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:28   #2924
BHPian

Quote:
Today got a call from Maruti dealer assuring Brezza delivery before Diwali. When I said I've picked up Nexon, he replies 'but doesn't that car have long waiting period?' 'Pick this one almost immediately'.

Looks like Maruti has already started to feel the heat from Nexon, and the upcoming Ford Ecosport will add more to it.

Brezza Ver2 will always sell more even if their is not much change in the car. Its a Maruti, people will buy with closed eyes.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:35   #2925
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted again by my good friend Autospy at Pune earlier today - the Nexon XZA.

The transmission was covered this time, though.

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20171012wa0037.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20171012wa0041.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20171012wa0040.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks