Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 22:52   #2686
BHPian

I will be booking XZ+ Diesel Blue DT next. I am seriously hunting for an option for cruise control. I dusted and opened some old threads on that topic in team-bhp too. My wild guess, will hexa steering wheel be a perfect replacement? We need to first check if Nexon has the wiring options under the steering for cruise control. I am sure it will be added to its first update in future, may be during the price revision but I can't wait even a week more.
Old 30th September 2017, 00:35   #2687
Sac
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
I will be booking XZ+ Diesel Blue DT next. I am seriously hunting for an option for cruise control. I dusted and opened some old threads on that topic in team-bhp too. My wild guess, will hexa steering wheel be a perfect replacement? We need to first check if Nexon has the wiring options under the steering for cruise control. I am sure it will be added to its first update in future, may be during the price revision but I can't wait even a week more.
You'll only be ensuring a cruise control switch by doing this. It'll not work without the ECU cruise control program getting input from Accelerator pedal also to cancel it. So two more things you may change is the ECU and the ABC module and yet it may probably not work. Taking a phrase from the Mobile phone OS rooters, you may probably "Brick" your machine.
Sac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 00:49   #2688
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanket View Post
Hi,

3. Most of the reviewers have mentioned the poor finish inside the cabin. I don't think that has been talked here.
I don't agree with this point, as majority of the items in the cabin has good finishing. But some of the things will be missing in the lower variants like grand center console with sliding door etc which is very eye catching.

Quote:
4. Did anyone check the cornering headlights feature of the car? The fog lamps light up in the direction of the steering.
Yes this works, I had checked out this feature in the showroom itself.
Old 30th September 2017, 07:50   #2689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
My wild guess, will hexa steering wheel be a perfect replacement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac View Post
You'll only be ensuring a cruise control switch by doing this. It'll not work without the ECU cruise control program getting input from Accelerator pedal also to cancel it. So two more things you may change is the ECU and the ABC module and yet it may probably not work. Taking a phrase from the Mobile phone OS rooters, you may probably "Brick" your machine.
Believe his assumption was that the internals are similar to the Hexa. So like the VW guys do - a simple swap of the steering wheel might help in enabling a feature. VW keeps parts same while just disabling features that are not required in smaller cars - and hence this approach helps.

I doubt it so with TATA - since the Hexa and Nexon are based on two different platforms and run totally different engines - the ECU might not be same.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 09:22   #2690
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
I don't agree with this point, as majority of the items in the cabin has good finishing. But some of the things will be missing in the lower variants like grand center console with sliding door etc which is very eye catching

Agreed that is a subjective matter. But what about the small niggles that almost all are experiencing in their media drives? And some of them are not small, headlights or tailights not working is no small issue.
I guess not everyone can be wrong!

Last edited by ampere : 30th September 2017 at 10:28.
Old 30th September 2017, 10:30   #2691
BHPian

A compilation of all the accessories that is available with the Tata Nexon compact SUV from cosmetic changes to additional equipment.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-listed-406132
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nexon accessories.pdf (322.8 KB, 1437 views)
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 10:36   #2692
BHPian

Saw the car on the road.

Front view is awesome and looks like a baby Hexa ( in a good way ). The rear however makes it look like a hatch and not a SUV in my opinion. The Brezza looks better from the back. The Eco Sport looks hatch like from the back but then the tail mounted spare wheel makes it look tough.

Overall seems like a good effort by Tata. The Tiago twins, Hexa and Nexon can become game changers for Tata. They need to keep up with the ASS else that's gonna take them down. If they can do a good job, Tata can get to number 3 in the sales charts and give Hyundai some nightmares!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 11:50   #2693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The upcoming Nexon's XZA variant (XZ variant equipped with the AMT transmission) was spotted testing on the streets of Pune by my good friend Autospy.

He observed that the Nexon XZA was equipped with alloys, front fog lamps, shark-fin antenna, roof rails, body-coloured door handles, reversing sensors and a reverse parking camera.

Now we have a couple of Interior pics of the Nexon AMT.
Source credit : Prabhagar from TAI.

As can be seen from these pics and those by RavenAvi, the AMT (XZA?) misses out on Push-button start stop and sliding cover over the cup holders and possibly the Arm rest and rear AC Vents as well. Rear wash / wiper on the exterior and possibly the full LED cluster of the XZ+
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170930wa0003.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-img20170930wa0004.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 11:54   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed that is a subjective matter. But what about the small niggles that almost all are experiencing in their media drives? And some of them are not small, headlights or tailights not working is no small issue.
I guess not everyone can be wrong!
He was asking about the quality of the interior and not the niggles. Yes, i agree there will be niggles. But most probably Tata would have sorted out some of them which occurred during the media drive. Now we need to wait and see the feedback from the nexon owners.

I am also in the line. Hehe
Old 30th September 2017, 12:09   #2695
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Now we have a couple of Interior pics of the Nexon AMT.
Source credit : Prabhagar from TAI.

As can be seen from these pics and those by RavenAvi, the AMT (XZA?) misses out on Push-button start stop and sliding cover over the cup holders and possibly the Arm rest and rear AC Vents as well. Rear wash / wiper on the exterior and possibly the full LED cluster of the XZ+
Given that it has the floating screen, it looks XZA variant. Any guesses whether hill assist would be there in AMT variant, otherwise it looks a disappointment from the XZ+ variant. Even the sliding cover (one of the classiest point of nexon) is not there in this.

Last edited by ottocycle : 30th September 2017 at 12:13.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 15:25   #2696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congratulations.

A very relaxed engine at 90kmph. If you don't mind - can you please update the corresponding rpms for 100 and 120kmph as well? (After run-in if it exceeds the initial manufacturer recommendations).
Was abt 1800 for 100kmph briefly touched it and will exceed that once I cross 1000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_GTR View Post
Few questions, did you get the Active Key band thingy? And which all accessories did you get?
Active Band is an accessory and was not yet available. They had not received any accessories yet.

Last edited by theMAG : 7th October 2017 at 00:02. Reason: Back-back posts < 20 mins. Please EDIT moving forward.
Old 1st October 2017, 00:35   #2697
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
In terms of varied testing over various terrains, Tata seems to be really flogging the daylights out of the car! Better discover a flaw now than have your customers find out about it the harder way.

With this kind of all encompassing testing of mules across all types of terrain and temperature in the country (there are reports poring in from various corners of the country - Trivandrum, Satara, Ladakh, the North East) I hope this translates to a well rounded car with no niggles whatsoever.

Cheers !
I thought the same. But it's extremely disappointing to see various kinds of issues cropping up in almost all the media drives of the car!
Tata says it's all pre-production, but I don't think all the issues can be sorted right from the first batch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Absolutely.

If you are the type who regularly does long drives along reasonably good Indian highways ( which I did for many years largely in the Southern States ) - I think this car shouldn't disappoint going by my experience with Storme and the Bolt.
Let me not elaborate too much on the Storme ( because enough said ), the Bolt is an amazing highway cruiser and I didn't even have the diesel version. I have done consistent higher 3 digit speeds on largely empty roads that evokes surprise from much larger cars on the highways. The car is totally stable at these speeds ( no exaggeration)

**PLS NOTE - THESE WERE DONE IN A VERY PLANNED MANNER WITH LOT OF CAUTION AND WITH HIGH VISIBILITY OF THE ROAD UP AHEAD AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY OF YOU TO DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE IN SUCH IDEAL CONDITIONS WITH ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS**

Hence, I feel the Nexon should feel rock solid with that creamy diesel engine and "heavy" body and of course all those safety features as well.
Hi, since you've owned quite a few TATA cars, I would like to ask this question. I would have already booked the Nexon, but seeing the niggles crapping up in almost all the media drives, I am skeptical. Tata says it's all pre-production but I am not sure if they can remove the majority of the niggles right from the first batch!

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st October 2017 at 15:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 1st October 2017, 02:05   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, since you've owned quite a few TATA cars, I would like to ask this question. I would have already booked the Nexon, but seeing the niggles crapping up in almost all the media drives, I am skeptical. Tata says it's all pre-production but I am not sure if they can remove the majority of the niggles right from the first batch!
Brother take a chill pill.

Such things are common on all prelaunch media events. Have you forgotten the Ecosport/duster/Creta rolling over fiasco? Have you forgotten the parts falling off on Vitara brezza media drives?

The journalists try to inspect and analyse the cars to death on pre launch drives. In case of TATA we can't help but expect some journalists to be paid for bad mouthing the Nexon.

If minor niggles nag you crazy then please stay away from the TATA and German cars. Its not that such niggles don't crop up in other cars, but at least in case of Hyundai and Maruti you would take them as just normal wear and tear stuff.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 02:45   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
I would have already booked the Nexon, but seeing the niggles crapping up in almost all the media drives, I am skeptical. Tata says it's all pre-production but I am not sure if they can remove the majority of the niggles right from the first batch!
When you say niggles, what exactly are you referring to?

IMHO, there's nothing like going and assessing first-hand if the ergonomics and quality meet your expectations. If you want an expert opinion, you could wait for Team-BHP's official review - it would cover pretty much everything that matters in detail and would likely factor in the production version too.

Last edited by spindoc : 1st October 2017 at 02:49.
Old 1st October 2017, 07:04   #2700
Team-BHP Support

Visited the showroom yesterday around 3PM. The facility was completed closed and locked on account of the festivals! Could see a red Nexon on display through the glass.

Test drives postponed to next weekend.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed