Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2017, 19:22   #436
BHPian

Re: GST effect on car prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Baleno prices went south by max 3k in delhi NCR, extremely disappointing

We are seeing around 10K reduction in Baleno Petrol top variant price and around 16K in Dzire petrol top trim here in Hyderabad.
Old 1st July 2017, 21:06   #437
BHPian

I called both Ford and Toyota showrooms today and neither had received the updated pricing as yet. They were not even aware of the exact quantum of price cuts likely. Although both conceded that prices would go down.

I am especially curious to see the look on the face of the Ford salesman who told me to buy the Endeavour in June as prices were going to go up post GST...
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 21:07   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
This is not so, pls check the Toyota's official site for the exact prices.
As for Innova too, the price reduction is 98k-1.36k depending upon model and variant.
I did check the price in Toyota web site for Karnataka.

2.8 4x4 MT was priced at 31,09,000 ex showroom before GST

Now its 28,98,500 and difference is 2,10,500

In GST, tax is same across all states and all i can think of is the transport cost making the minimal price difference in different states.

Toyota plant is in Bangalore. so how come the Bangalore ex showroom price is higher than Delhi ?
Attached Thumbnails
GST effect on car prices?-fortbang.jpg  

GST effect on car prices?-fort-delhi.jpg  

Old 1st July 2017, 21:24   #439
BHPian

With the roll-out of GST, the approximate price decrease in Bangalore for Toyota Vehicles:

Innova Crysta – Upto INR 98,500
All New Fortuner – Upto INR 2,17,000
All New Corolla Altis – INR 92,500
Platinum Etios – INR 24,500
Etios Liva – INR 10,500

Toyota Camry and Toyota Prius with the strong hybrid technology by over INR 3.5 lakhs in Bangalore and going upto INR 5.24 lakhs in Delhi

link
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 22:48   #440
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using Carwale the next days, please be wary that the Carwale's estimated Ex-Showroom prices are quite off the actual values. For example, S-Cross 1.6 ex-showroom is off by 40K from actual (Carwale shows 11.62 L and Nexa shows 12.04L). I also see about 70K drop on the Vento TSI Highline Plus from pre-GST, which seems a bit far fetched.

I hope these will get corrected in the next few days, but for the initial few days I wouldn't suggest it as a research base for prices in case of actual purchases.

At least couple of dealers said they haven't received the updated post GST pricing yet.
narayans80 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 23:04   #441
Team-BHP Support

So both Innova and Fortuner are now cheaper than their respective launch prices. It does appear that Toyota has decreased prices much higher than anyone else. Who knows if they have already being sounded about a possible enquiry on their last month increase.

Even LC Prado & LC now comes at lower rates.

BMW on contrary has decreased prices marginally, I was expecting better rates on X5 due to the decrease in Taxes. It does appear that they still want to play the Discount game.

here's the new list price from BMW.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf bmw.pdf (566.9 KB, 1540 views)
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 23:15   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
In GST, tax is same across all states and all i can think of is the transport cost making the minimal price difference in different states.

Toyota plant is in Bangalore. so how come the Bangalore ex showroom price is higher than Delhi ?
I'm no economist, but from what I read, GST includes some Value Added Taxes, whereas taxes such as Road Tax, etc. are not included under GST. This is what is making the difference in pricing.
Old 2nd July 2017, 01:55   #443
BHPian

July'17 would be a record breaking month for automobile industry in India in sales terms, for obvious reasons! And coming festive seasons in Sept-Oct shall see more firecrackers than ever before provided auto-sector remains less greedy and focuses on economy of scales!

By tomorrow expect big car-price revisions by models like Hexa, XUV500, BRV, Duster, Endeavour, Pajero Sport...

Last edited by kbishwa : 2nd July 2017 at 02:04. Reason: addition
Old 2nd July 2017, 03:27   #444
BHPian

Toyota Kirloskar Motor has revised prices of its products, reducing them by upto 13%, effective from July 1, 2017. This development is prompted by the GST implementation. With the roll-out of GST, the approximate price decrease in Bangalore for :
  • Innova Crysta – Upto INR 98,500
  • All New Fortuner – Upto INR 2,17,000
  • All New Corolla Altis – INR 92,500
  • Platinum Etios – INR 24,500
  • Etios Liva – INR 10,500

The Company, however, will have to hike the prices of hybrid variants of the Toyota Camry and Toyota Prius with the strong hybrid technology by over INR 3.5 lakhs in Bangalore and going upto INR 5.24 lakhs in Delhi as per applicable tax under GST framework. The price change will vary from state to state, model to model and variant by variant depending on tax rates applicable prior to GST.

Audi India, has announced price reductions across its complete product portfolio due to the impact of GST. While Audi India has not revealed the differences in the price, the company has rolled out a new price list (ex-showroom).
  • Audi A3 30.77 - 48.52 lakhs
  • Audi A4 38.40 - 42.66 lakhs
  • Audi A6 51.93 lakhs starting price
  • Audi A8 1.14 crore starting price
  • Audi Q3 32.48 - 40.60 lakh
  • Audi Q7 70.12 - 77.84 lakh
  • Audi TT: INR 63.12 lakh
  • Audi S5: INR 65.24 lakh
  • Audi RS 6: INR 1.40 crore
  • Audi RS 7: INR 1.46 crore
  • Audi RS 7 Performance: INR 1.58 crore
  • Audi R8 R8 V10 Plus: INR 2.53 crore

The country’s largest automaker, Maruti Suzuki has announced price cuts of up to 3 per cent on the ex-showroom prices of several models across its line-up. In its statement, MSI has said that the actual reduction of price will vary according to the location, depending on the local VAT rates applicable before the introduction of the GST. The prices of the SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle System) equipped Ertiga and Ciaz have gone up by over a lakh, as tax has increased from 30.3 per cent to 43 per cent under the GST regime.

GST effect on car prices?-maruti.jpg

Jaguar, too, has offered a significant reduction in the prices of its locally assembled models. The F-Type sportscar, though,is more expensive now.

GST effect on car prices?-jaguar.jpg

Toyota

GST effect on car prices?-toyota.jpg

SUV-maker Land Rover has announced new prices for its entire line-up of SUVs in India, post the implementation of GST. All variants of the locally produced Discovery Sport and Evoque get cheaper with price cuts up to Rs 4.28 lakh and Rs 4.43 lakh, respectively.

GST effect on car prices?-landrover.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd July 2017 at 09:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged as requested
PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 08:35   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
This is because the GST legislation which was brought in last year empowers both Central and State government to continue levying excise duty, service tax and VAT till September 16, 2017.
Yeah, does look like that is indeed the case.
http://m.thehindubusinessline.com/ec...cle9168178.ece

This makes an already messy taxation system to get further murkier!! And going by this, price for cars in states like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka will come down further after September 16? Can a forum member with an economic background throw more light on this please?

Quote:
The other possibility is that manufacturers are adding in handling and transportation charges before shipping the car.
I doubt if this is transportation and handling charges. The difference between Delhi and Chennai pricing seems to be around 12,000 for the Baleno, and I can't quite accept it if Maruti would charge 12k to ship a car from Haryana or Gujarat to Tamil Nadu. [/quote]

Quote:
In a way GST is something to cheer for Mumbaikars planning to buy a new car.
Oh you can say that again. Mumbai and Delhi have had the greatest reduction in price for most car models. It's as if Diwali got moved to July in these two cities!! I think cities like Ahmedabad have also had a significant reduction in price!! Chennai and Bangalore seem to have had the least
Old 2nd July 2017, 08:48   #446
BHPian

Mahindra website says prices are being updated. Any information regarding the XUV500 in Hyderabad folks? W10 MT.
Old 2nd July 2017, 09:41   #447
BHPian

Looks like BMW, Merc and Audi are being quite stingy in comparison to JLR, with price reductions ranging from 1-2 lakhs on most models, where JLR has pulled out 3-4 lakh reductions. Even Toyota has passed on 2+ lakhs on Fortuner, which retails at similar rates to X1 and Q3.

Last edited by mayjay : 2nd July 2017 at 09:43.
Old 2nd July 2017, 09:43   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Looks like BMW, Merc and Audi are being quite stingy in comparison to JLR, with price reductions ranging from 1-2 lakhs on most models, where JLR has pulled out 3-4 lakh reductions.
How can that be. GST has an anti profiteering clause so difference in price before and after GST should be exactly the difference between the tax % change.

Is there a loophole being exploited by the manufacturers?
Old 2nd July 2017, 10:16   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
How can that be. GST has an anti profiteering clause so difference in price before and after GST should be exactly the difference between the tax % change.

I was expecting same reduction as % cut/increase in tax rates.

I am not fully aware of how GST impacts long supply chains and assembly business models like those of car manufacturers. Always count on Indian businesses to cheat the consumer - any which way they can. Look at what OnePlus is resorting to.
Old 2nd July 2017, 11:54   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

There's a major decrease in JLR's prices due to fall in pound after the Brexit. When the discovery sport was launched pound was almost 100 rupees and now its 81~82. Creating a 15-20 percent increase in profit on cars made in UK. JLR had started giving discounts in the tune of 4-5 L recently last month. I think they clubbed both of them together did a massive cut. This is a good strategy as it will help save on road tax also.

With these prices am pretty sure they would put serious pressure on the Germans. Great times for the luxury car buyer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks