Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 11:48   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
The Vitara in the above post seems to have different front styling compared to the photos in the initial post. They do resemble the concept though. Is this the 2016 Vitara styling changes?
This is Vitara S - 1.4L Boosterjet engine released in UK recently.

The earlier posts were the Vitara the was launched early 2015 ( 1.6 petrol and 1.6MJD engines)

What is coming to India ?

A 2017 launch the Vitara S in speculated to come in the DDiS320 variant retailing through Nexa.

This is traded off for Vitara Brezza ( <4m C-SUV) which will be sold through regular Maruti dealers
Old 20th January 2016, 19:04   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

So it can be assumed the pics on this thread are from Middle East.

Suzuki Vitara likely to be launched in Oman soon.

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-suzukivitaralikelytobelaunchedinomansoon.jpg

Quote:
Recently, sources have spotted the vehicle in Oman thereby hinting on a possible launch sometime soon. The Vitara comes with 1.6-litre engine option in petrol and diesel. The petrol would generate about 118bhp of power and 156Nm of torque. The diesel generates about 118bhp of power and 320Nm of torque. The vehicle would be offered with Suzuki’s AllGrip 4-wheel drive system that comes with option for 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...on-131014.html
Old 5th February 2016, 13:38   #63
BHPian

The sound a fury of the auto expo has drowned out the talks about the launch of Vitara. Never saw anywhere anybody talking about it. Does anyone has any clue?
Old 10th February 2016, 11:39   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
The sound a fury of the auto expo has drowned out the talks about the launch of Vitara. Never saw anywhere anybody talking about it. Does anyone has any clue?
I think Maruti doesn't want to shift its focus from Brezza. Hence no talks of larger Vitara coming to indian market.

I think the launch of Vitara would not be before 2017 (in case it happens at all). By that time the Brezza would already be a best seller, and the S-Cross would be a 3 years old model. Hence a new launch in that price range would seem logical.
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 11:59   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
I think Maruti doesn't want to shift its focus from Brezza. Hence no talks of larger Vitara coming to indian market.
I feel Maruti will not launch Vitara unless they have larger diesel engine option to power it. Vitara in Petrol only models will not add any significant numbers to their sales chart.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 12:10   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I feel Maruti will not launch Vitara unless they have larger diesel engine option to power it. Vitara in Petrol only models will not add any significant numbers to their sales chart.
This will come only with the localized DDiS320 engine.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 12:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This will come only with the localized DDiS320 engine.
With the news that the Maruti is developing its own 1.5L engine, will DDiS320 be locally produced ever?
Old 10th February 2016, 12:15   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
With the news that the Maruti is developing its own 1.5L engine, will DDiS320 be locally produced ever?
I guess they will have a plan and differentiating the use of this engine on products.
We need to await for further details on the New Vitara.
Old 5th April 2016, 15:45   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's Vitara coming in 2017. Will be above S Cross and likely in an AT Variant too.

Quote:
Expanding its Nexa showroom chain is also a reason to bring more premium offerings to India. The Vitara, to be placed above the S-Cross, will share its 118bhp 1.6-litre diesel engine and six-speed manual gearbox, but will likely get the advantage of Suzuki’s excellent AllGrip AWD system. It won’t be here for a long time, though, it will give Maruti a chance to etch its Nexa premium into the minds of Indian customers.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-399022.aspx/0
Old 5th March 2018, 11:42   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Caught on a testing run in India for the very first time by a GaadiWaadi spy.

Quote:
Speculations of Maruti Suzuki’s Creta rival have been on the swing for far too long and for the first time we have the clear indications of it on the road. Excitingly, it is not in its beginning stage of development and looks production ready to hit the market by the end of this year or in early 2019.
Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-marutisuzukivitaracretarivalindia.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 12:00   #71
Team-BHP Support

I'm not sure if we can conclusively establish the entry of the new Vitara into the Indian market. My reasoning is:

1) No display car at the Auto Expo '18.

2) Insufficiently camouflaged, badge casually masked, and the car is running on white plates. Could be a factory car undergoing testing for other markets.

I hope I'm wrong though. The Vitara would be a great car in the segment and would also give the Compass some much needed competition.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 12:07   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'm not sure if we can conclusively establish the entry of the new Vitara into the Indian market. My reasoning is:

1) No display car at the Auto Expo '18.

2) Insufficiently camouflaged, badge casually masked, and the car is running on white plates. Could be a factory car undergoing testing for other markets.
1. Agreed, but same is the case with the speculated Ciaz face-lift. Anyways the launch is likely to be only in late 2019. A bigger SUV > 4m was already revealed as ' coming ' by its CEO.

2 &3. Most other markets already have the Vitara. A face-lift is due shortly( this week ?), but this car seem to be in its current version. Could be testing with the Suzuki 1.5 diesel engine?

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th March 2018 at 12:12.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 12:16   #73
BANNED

This one looks so boring from the rear. And what usp does this one bring over the Brezza? Very unlikely to succeed in our market with looks very similar to Brezza. Don’t forget the stunning Tata H5X that’s coming. Well it’s a Maruti so there would be takers I guess. Not exciting in any ways and that too in 2019!
Old 5th March 2018, 12:21   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
This one looks so boring from the rear. And what usp does this one bring over the Brezza?
There is a face-lift of the Vitara happening with a speculated launch at the Geneva Auto show. The spy shots show a different rear and the front than the current version.

The face-lift addresses the differentiating factor from the Vitara Brezza and the feature list and looks will differentiate it from the S Cross
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 12:43   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The Vitara would be a great car in the segment and would also give the Compass some much needed competition.
More like Creta competition consider the engines (Same old 1.3 and 1.6 as old SCross?), international positioning (directly against SCross) etc.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed