Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 13:49   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India

Here is the interior pic of the spied Vitara in India.

Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20151120124255_vit4.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-398739.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 14:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the interior pic of the spied Vitara in India.

Attachment 1441584

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-398739.aspx
Yikes! It's the Swift steering once again!!! How is that premium I wonder.

Becoming like Honda stretching the Brio by adding a boot (Amaze) and then a row of seats (Mobilio).

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
In the 4th picture, look at the way the guy is dressed along with the visible little of his face. Also the paunch and the way the pant is worn below it somehow points towards it being taken in India
LOL - you posted it before me but in fact even I was trying to see some signs for it being India and this is the photo which gave it away!

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 20th November 2015 at 14:38.
Old 20th November 2015, 14:42   #18
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Maruti XA Alpha (YBA) Compact SUV caught with camo

This is clearly the Vitara and not the Vitara Brezza which is the compact SUV. The article on the link is completely wrong and seems like was written in a hurry "breaking news" style.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 14:50   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Yikes! It's the Swift steering once again!!! How is that premium I wonder...
The steering still looks nice. I wouldn't be surprised if I see the sh**ty power window switches from Swift used in Vitara.

I hope they have a plain all black colour for the Vitara apart from the fancy twin shades.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th November 2015 at 14:52.
Old 20th November 2015, 15:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The steering still looks nice. I wouldn't be surprised if I see the sh**ty power window switches from Swift used in Vitara.
I think it's the same - the one on the passenger door appears to be exactly the one on my Dzire.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 15:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddy View Post
is that a boat in the back ground? Wonder what it is doing inside the Maruti Garage
Good catch. I think it is all part of the setup for Expo 2016! Perhaps MSIL wants to project Vitara as the rugged, adventurous SUV.
shivasi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 15:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Is this the upcoming compact SUV from Maruti that is expected to launch sub 10 lacs? The Grand Vitara Brezza?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-camo-10.html

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th November 2015 at 15:28.
Old 20th November 2015, 16:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Don't think it will launch anytime soon. Maruti must be observing the sales and reception of S-Cross (1.6 especially) to see where this car would slot before getting the ball rolling.
I liked the clean design of the older Vitara, this one looks nice as well but again the chrome is overdone. I don't like the flappy central AC vents as they are found in the cheapest cars also (Datsun Go), they could have done something creative.
Old 20th November 2015, 18:36   #24
BANNED

I guess Maruti will showcase the international Vitara in Auto Expo 2016, and immediately launch the smaller Vitara Brezza in India market! Somewhat the same technique they used to showcase SCross 1.6 to the media and launched the 1.3 at an attractive price while pricing 1.6 exorbitantly.
Old 20th November 2015, 18:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Don't think it will launch anytime soon. Maruti must be observing the sales and reception of S-Cross (1.6 especially) to see where this car would slot before getting the ball rolling.
I liked the clean design of the older Vitara, this one looks nice as well but again the chrome is overdone. I don't like the flappy central AC vents as they are found in the cheapest cars also (Datsun Go), they could have done something creative.
Here's the thing, if like everyone is predicting, had this car car been launched as a competitor to Creta or in a similar segment, I think it would have done much better than what the S Cross is doing currently. The thing with the S Cross is it is in a segment of its own, big for a hatchback nor does it Look like an SUV, like what the Creta is.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 19:19   #26
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2015 at 14:22.
Guru_DTSi is online now   Received Infraction
Old 20th November 2015, 19:39   #27
BHPian

If it looks similar to the Vitara then Maruti surely have a winner on their hands. I hope there is at least an automatic option with the Petrol if not both Petrol and Diesel. I hope Maruti doesn't do a S-Cross with the pricing rather they should do a Baleno with the pricing and we have another Swift story in the making.

Not sure if this has been shared before but a recent issue of TopGear India published that this will not be sold through the NEXA dealerships but through the normal Maruti Suzuki outlets which is surprising as I feel this will look at home in a NEXA outlet. I wonder if this move has got to do solely with the fact that NEXA as it stands has limited reach. Or could it be something else?

Maruti has just taken too much time to develop this vehicle. I mean they showed the concept like ~4 years ago at the 2012 Auto Expo.
Old 20th November 2015, 20:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

With the Suzuki only badgering, this will most probably be sold out of the Nexa showrooms, whenever it is launched in India
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 21:17   #29
BHPian

From the pictures posted here and from other videos of the vehicle(uk spec) it is very clear that a lot of Grand Vitara sheet metal panels, particularly upto B pillar, have been carried over to this model. Also the front door inside moulding, central console, seats, steering wheels etc all are carried over from the Grand Vitara.
The Suzuki developed turbo petrols should be cheaper than the Fiat 1.6L diesel engines.

So hopefully the capital investment and TPL pricing for this model must be lower than usual. So let us hope that they can price it substantially lower than the S-Cross.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 22:36   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Am actually more interested in the dual cab pickup in the background of this pic.
No way its an Indian pickup and also not the dual cab DMAXs imported initially.

So wonder what it is?(given the location is in India that is)
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Vitara spotted testing in India-3_n.jpg  

DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed