Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2016, 18:25   #181
BHPian

I don't remember the last time I used the panoramic sun roof in my 5 series. Don't think it's necessity here. I went my friend again to check the Tuscon. I feel that it's ok for the price they asking. It's not like competition is charging anything less.
Old 10th November 2016, 19:04   #182
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I don't remember the last time I used the panoramic sun roof in my 5 series. Don't think it's necessity here. I went my friend again to check the Tuscon. I feel that it's ok for the price they asking. It's not like competition is charging anything less.
Seriously ? Does your 5 Series have a Panoramic Sunroof ? Which variant is it ?
I am really surprised by your statement. All 5 series I have seen have Normal Sunroof. Period.

Yes, Tuscon features are okay for its price, but aren't all Hyundai's loaded to the brim (Well Priced or Premium) compared to competition. This is the lone reason why many have felt that these missing one's might eventually be the weak links of the car resulting in it being a dud.

Whatever they do now, not much will change for say around 6-8 months. After that Hyundai might bump the equipment list & also offer AWD (Standard/Optional) to increase the sales if it doesn't do well initially.
Old 10th November 2016, 19:49   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Not really. You don't get ventilated seats in any car/ SUV ,forget 25 lakhs not even at 50 lakhs. Hyundai brought it in with the 5th gen Elantra which I own. It's now on the 6th gen too and there was always an expectation that any Hyundai upwards of the Elantra would come with ventilated seats.
Any idea if the Santa Fe has ventilated seats ? If yes that will probably be the only other vehicle apart from the Elantra to have one in India , south of 50-60 lakhs.
Your right on the AWD. It would have been a big boost to the Tucson in comparison to the Creta.
The joke is that Mercedes still gets a few models in India with heated seats ?
I agree that ventilated seats isn't really a "typical" feature even in the premium cars sold out here. But when it is something that is offered on an international spec Tucson and also present in the Indian spec Elantra, a potential Tucson buyer naturally expects it. Tucson felt attractive to me because of such special features and it suddenly looks like just another pseudo SUV offering when Hyundai deletes some of them.

Indian Santa Fe doesn't come with ventilated seats either and it is not selling much anyway because of the non VFM pricing for the features on offer. Tucson might turn out to be another dud if Hyundai tries to sell a stripped down version at 25+ lakhs on road.

If Hyundai decides to price Tucson very competitively then it is a going to be a different story altogether.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 10th November 2016 at 19:53.
Old 10th November 2016, 21:05   #184
Team-BHP Support

I feel even if they do a modestly specced Tucson at a competitive price its not a compelling enough option as many may prefer Creta. If they truly want to differentiate from the Creta, the answer is to give a Elantra like specced Tucson at a relative to those features competitive price.

That makes it another differentiator over a Creta. Cut price specs, even if accompanied with cut price pricing will only make it more difficult to establish the differentiation.
Old 11th November 2016, 12:28   #185
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson brochure leaked! Full details on the SUV

Thank you to Team-BHP fan Raj Jagtap for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

Ahead of the 2016 Tucson's official India launch, which is scheduled for November 14, the vehicle's brochure has been leaked, revealing all its details, specifications and features. According to the leaked images, the 2016 Hyundai Tucson will be offered with two engine options and in three trim levels.

The Tucson will be available in diesel and petrol versions. Both engines will be available with a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox. The diesel version will be powered by a 2.0-litre CRDi engine that churns out 182 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm @ 1,750-2,750 rpm. It will boast of a company claimed fuel economy of 18.42 km/l for the manual variant and 16.38 km/l for the automatic variant. The petrol version will be equipped with a 2.0-litre dual VTVT unit that will develop 153 BHP @ 6,200 rpm and a peak torque of 192 Nm @ 4,000 rpm. Hyundai claims that the petrol variant will return an economy of 13.03 km/l with the manual and 12.95 km/l with the automatic gearbox.

The third-gen Tucson will be offered in three trim levels - 2WD MT, 2WD AT GL, and 2WD AT GLS. The petrol engine will be available with the first two trims, while diesel customers will have all three variants to choose from.

The Tucson is 4,475 mm long, 1,850 mm wide, and has a height of 1,660 mm including roof rails, which are standard across all variants. It has a wheelbase of 2,670 mm and will have projector headlamps as standard, while the top-end GLS trim will feature dual-barrel LED headlamps. LED daytime running lamps (DRLs) are a standard feature on the three trims. The manual transmission base variant will roll on 17-inch alloy wheels, while the AT trims will be offered with 18-inch diamond-cut wheels.

The interiors will get a dual-tone black & beige theme, with fabric upholstery on the base trim and leather upholstery on the AT GL and AT GLS variants. The latter two variants also get dual-zone climate control, rear AC vents, 10-way power adjustable driver seat, and keyless entry and go. The top-end GLS variant comes with a powered tailgate with height adjustment and electric parking brake. Standard convenience features available across all trim levels include automatic headlamps, puddle lamps, and cruise control. The AT GL and AT GLS also offer Hyundai's new Drive Mode Select feature, which allows the driver to opt from three available modes - Normal, Sport and Eco. This changes the throttle response and steering characteristics to optimize vehicle performance in any given condition.

Infotainment duties are handled by an 8.0-inch touchscreen system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also has Navigation, Voice Recognition, and supports inputs from Bluetooth, USB and AUX. It is connected to 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. This system is standard across all variants of the Tucson.

For occupant safety, the Tucson comes with standard dual airbags and ABS with EBD. The AT GL and AT GLS trims get side and curtain airbags as well. The top of the line trim further gets electronic stability control (ESC), vehicle stability management (VSM), hill-start assist control (HAC), downhill brake control (DBC), and brake assist. Rear parking camera with dynamic guidelines and rear parking sensors are standard, while the AT GL and AT GLS trims also get front parking sensors.

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_1483.jpg

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_1484.jpg

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_1485.jpg

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_1486.jpg

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_1487.jpg

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_1488.jpg

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_1489.jpg

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_1491.jpg

The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched-img_1492.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 11th November 2016 at 12:44.
dZired is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 14:12   #186
BHPian

Why does Hyundai think that Petrol users wouldn't like to buy the top most variant. In every model invariably, the Petrol model loses out on the best features
aviraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 15:55   #187
BHPian

Damn, No Pano Sunroof and AWD for 25L car. I guess it is dead even before arrival.
I was waiting for this car to replace Duster, I guess I should go for XUV or wait for Hexa.
IMHO, it is no brainer to go with Tuscon, instead consider Creta if someone want Hyundai brand.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 16:16   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Damn, No Pano Sunroof and AWD for 25L car. I guess it is dead even before arrival.
I was waiting for this car to replace Duster, I guess I should go for XUV or wait for Hexa.
IMHO, it is no brainer to go with Tuscon, instead consider Creta if someone want Hyundai brand.
Exactly, it is such a premium SUV with a bit more real estate than Creta and it misses out on key features like Panoramic Sunroof and AWD. Hyundai are seem to be going in circles with this strategy. Given that Duster was the only compact SUV with AWD so far, I was very much expecting the Tuscon to be the next, turns out its not happening anytime soon.

Would the launch of Tuscon boost the sale of Elantra or is our SUV craze way over the roof to let that happen?
Old 11th November 2016, 16:24   #189
rbp
BHPian

Not a single standout feature. Looks like the base variants will come with halogen projectors only. Hyundai should realize vehicles around 10 lakhs are getting hids today. This doesn't even come with RWD, a very confused launch IMHO.
Old 11th November 2016, 16:36   #190
BHPian

They might be saving some features for the midlife facelift. IMO, diesel engine would be USP for Tuscon as it blows away the competition however absence of ESC (ESP) in lower trims is absurd given the amount of power diesel mill generates.
Old 11th November 2016, 16:37   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Why does Hyundai think that Petrol users wouldn't like to buy the top most variant. In every model invariably, the Petrol model loses out on the best features
Its something that surprises the hell out of me. The only logic I could infer is that all these auto makers probably use the same 1-2 market research agencies who rehash the same data set for different clients
Old 11th November 2016, 17:13   #192
BHPian

I am thoroughly disappointed with Hyundai's strategy once again. The other recent one was i20 AT's poor pricing and feature set. I think Hyundai is taking a chance with Tucson and it is hoping to do the same thing it did with Creta. But Hyundai must understand that Creta's target market is totally different from that of Tucson's.

If Hyundai decides to sell the 2WD AT GLS Diesel variant for anything more than 20 lakhs ex showroom price, it is going to sell only as much as Santa Fe does - once the initial excitement dies down. I hope Hyundai doesn't end up with another sales dud.

Now I got to head to the Hyundai showroom to get back the money I paid towards pre-booking Tucson.
Old 11th November 2016, 17:19   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
They might be saving some features for the midlife facelift. IMO, diesel engine would be USP for Tuscon as it blows away the competition however absence of ESC (ESP) in lower trims is absurd given the amount of power diesel mill generates.
While the 182 bhp diesel engine with 400 Nm torque looks amazingly powerful on paper, every international review indicates that its on road performance isn't really exciting. I guess its USP is smoothness and not performance.
Old 11th November 2016, 18:12   #194
SRM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Also applies for MT vs AT. And its been done with every new model that they offer. It seems folks at Hyundai think that only AT diesel is worth their complete package! What about a Petrol MT lover guy like me? Look elsewhere?
Old 11th November 2016, 21:47   #195
Senior - BHPian

Physically saw the Tucson at the dealership today. It was under wraps in a corner, asked the SA to give me a glimpse. For starters its not a big car. A slightly elongated Creta maybe. Definitely not tall but wide enough. A neatly packaged car with a lot of sharp lines.
Interiors seemed spacious and looked well for whatever little time I was in it. Personally the overall product did not catch my fancy.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks