Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2015, 09:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2016 Hyundai Tucson. EDIT: Launched

I like the side profile, the interior and the rear. Why is Hyundai working so hard to make the front end so complex? I think the detailing around the fogs and DRL and the front should have been keep simple.

These are its dimensions:
Length: 4,475 MM
Width: 1,850 MM
Height: 1,645 MM
Wheelbase: 2,670 MM
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 09:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

It will cost atleast 22 lakhs going by its pricing in Australia. The mid spec Tuscon is close to base Santa Fe here.
extreme_torque is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 12:06   #18
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 25th November 2015 at 16:03.
sooraj.naik is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th November 2015, 12:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

The new Tuscon is a great option in the SUV market here if priced in the 22-24lacs bracket, where the options are limited. For me it ticks the boxes as a replacement for my Safari.

hyundai make sure it is there in Blue!

cheers!
Old 25th November 2015, 13:48   #20
BHPian

It's an excellent idea to re-launch the latest Tucson in it's modern "looker" avatar. This is the time and place for SUVs in all sizes and price brackets. However, they should manufacture it locally with the 2 litre diesel motor and price it in the 18-20L range. It may be recalled that the mighty Fortuner was also launched at these prices before moving up to the "overpriced" zone.
Old 25th November 2015, 16:06   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
Sadly, Tucson is only a 5 seater. I really feel our market needs a 7 seat soft-roader with cozy interior unlike body-on-frame SUVs like Fortuner, Pajero at a reasonable price.
XUV500?! Now available with an AT too.

Quote:
I don't see what additional value Tucson brings apart from AWD compared to the Creta.
Value diminishes as you climb up the price ladder. Think of the Creta vs Tucson as the Vento vs Jetta.

The Creta has Verna-levels of quality. The Tucson will give you an Elantra-like experience. More quality, more equipment, more power.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 18:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
XUV500?! Now available with an AT too.

Value diminishes as you climb up the price ladder. Think of the Creta vs Tucson as the Vento vs Jetta.

The Creta has Verna-levels of quality. The Tucson will give you an Elantra-like experience. More quality, more equipment, more power.

The same size as the Elantra, same comfort levels and features, both are CBUs, shouldn't it be priced similar to the Elantra. Ie around 17.5-18 lakhs ex showroom (21 lakhs OTR) Bangalore for the manual trim and around 19 lakhs ex showroom (22 lakhs OTR )for the automatic?
Old 26th November 2015, 08:13   #23
BHPian

Current Santa Fe for sale in India is really a SWB with a squeezed in 3rd rows.

Hyundai might bring the Santa Fe upgrade in the LWB 7 seater version from the US to address that void in the soft seater segment - They would be successful bringing it in the same pricing. IMHO the SWB is overpriced today.
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 08:58   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The same size as the Elantra, same comfort levels and features, both are CBUs,
Elantra is a CKD, buddy. The fact that the Tucson is a CBU will add a couple of lakhs at the minimum. Also, SUV siblings are usually more expensive than their sedan siblings.
Old 26th November 2015, 10:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Elantra is a CKD, buddy. The fact that the Tucson is a CBU will add a couple of lakhs at the minimum. Also, SUV siblings are usually more expensive than their sedan siblings.
The discussion on this thread so far regarding pricing has been on the basis of the OP stating that Hyundai is looking to bring the Tucson to India through CBU route.

However, on the Autocar website, the home screen link to the article states that it is coming in through CKD. I am unable to attach the screenshot, since I am at work.

Wouldn't CKD mean more manageable prices, say around 19-21 lakhs OTR?

Last edited by RobC : 26th November 2015 at 10:23. Reason: Typo
RobC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 13:26   #26
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
The discussion on this thread so far regarding pricing has been on the basis of the OP stating that Hyundai is looking to bring the Tucson to India through CBU route.

However, on the Autocar website, the home screen link to the article states that it is coming in through CKD. I am unable to attach the screenshot, since I am at work.

Wouldn't CKD mean more manageable prices, say around 19-21 lakhs OTR?
When I had started this thread ACI had mentioned in the article that it will be coming here as a CBU, now it seems they have edited it to CKD. I do not have a screenshot but I am very sure they had mentioned CBU that's the reason I also mentioned the same.

@Mods: Requesting you to kindly edit the opening post and change the CBU word to CKD. Thanks !
Old 26th November 2015, 14:57   #27
BHPian

Wow. That's interesting. While booking creta, my SA told me it wont come to india in the near future.

If the on road (for 1.7) is less than 24l, i will seriously think about cancelling creta.
Old 26th November 2015, 17:44   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
When I had started this thread ACI had mentioned in the article that it will be coming here as a CBU, now it seems they have edited it to CKD. I do not have a screenshot but I am very sure they had mentioned CBU that's the reason I also mentioned the same.

@Mods: Requesting you to kindly edit the opening post and change the CBU word to CKD. Thanks !
I meant no offence my friend. It seems their article was confusing. The link says CKD, whereas the article says that it would be imported initially.

Name:  CKD.png
Views: 6439
Size:  91.4 KB

Name:  Import.png
Views: 6379
Size:  178.3 KB
RobC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 15:20   #29
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
I meant no offence my friend. It seems their article was confusing. The link says CKD, whereas the article says that it would be imported initially.
No offence meant Saar !!

Sorry if my previous post made you feel so, I was just genuinely giving an explanation.
Old 6th January 2016, 17:01   #30
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Now, Car & Bike reports that the new Hyundai Tucson will have its India unveil at the the Auto Expo and would go on sale later this year!

They speculate that it would be priced less than 25 lac rupees, and that it would be a CBU, at least initially.

I think Hyundai should utilise the CKD option right from the start, instead of the expensive CBU route. As for engines, internationally the Tucson comes with a wide variety of motors, both petrol & diesel.

The one most suited for India at that price would (of course) be 2.0 R CRDi engine. Hyundai should bring this 1995cc motor only in its 185 PS & 400 Nm state of tune, in both manual & automatic, with AWD as an option.

They shouldn't neglect the petrol option, either. I'd like to see the 2.4 Theta MPi and either the 2.0 Nu GDi or the 1.6 Gamma Turbo-GDi being offered as well, in order to compete against its direct rival in India, and for the purpose of having a smashing starting price for the range!

Last edited by RSR : 6th January 2016 at 17:13.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks